Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th December 2007, 20:41   #1

Default Advice on ICE for Civic

I am upgrading my Civic from the factory setup. I have brought focal 165 k2p comp speakers (nominal power 100w RMS) for the front from the States.

I would need amps for the front speakers, a pair of coaxials for the rear (do they need to connected to an amp?), maybe a subwoofer ( I want tight bass, but I definitely do not want loud bass)?

Would I need a new head unit? from what I know if you have amplifiers
HUs dont make a difference in sound quality. But, what do the experts say?

I am looking for clean sound, want some bass but not a lot, and I listen to a lot of rock music. Budget is about 30k, but can stretch it to 40k if needed.

Any suggestions? Where in Delhi would the right place be for installation?
cleansound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 10:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansound View Post
I would need amps for the front speakers, a pair of coaxials for the rear (do they need to connected to an amp?), maybe a subwoofer ( I want tight bass, but I definitely do not want loud bass)?

Budget is about 30k, but can stretch it to 40k if needed.

I'd recommend a 4 ch. amp for the front speakers and sub, let the HU drive the coax isals in the rear till you can afford a monoblock.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 14:56   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you should get in touch with Bhpian Gunbir. He should be able to get you a good installation & also help you in deciding your ICE equipment :-)
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 22:37   #4
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
I am upgrading my Civic from the factory setup. I have brought focal 165 k2p comp speakers (nominal power 100w RMS) for the front from the States.

I am looking for clean sound, want some bass but not a lot, and I listen to a lot of rock music. Budget is about 30k, but can stretch it to 40k if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I think you should get in touch with Bhpian Gunbir. He should be able to get you a good installation & also help you in deciding your ICE equipment :-)
correct. audison amps have speaker level inputs, you need not change yr HU, unless there are some drops which gunbir would be able to suggest. or you want the 9887. and he has very good installs to his credit. for tight bass, beware. you may be advised to buy a new car. LOL.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 02:14   #5
BANNED

Quote:

i too have upgraded my ICE in my civic, i have not changed the head unit as i wanted everything to look stock and flush.
for tight bass, get a image dynamics 12" woofer in a sealed enclosure, i have the same sub, it gives you an awesome tight bass. its gonna cost you around 10k - 11k with the enclosure. contact gunbir for that.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:16   #6
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
i too have upgraded my ICE in my civic, i have not changed the head unit as i wanted everything to look stock and flush.
for tight bass, get a image dynamics 12" woofer in a sealed enclosure, i have the same sub, it gives you an awesome tight bass. its gonna cost you around 10k - 11k with the enclosure. contact gunbir for that.
where and how have you placed the sub? is it possible to see your car sometime?
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:04   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
where and how have you placed the sub? is it possible to see your car sometime?
my sub is in the boot in a sealed enclosure. its been powered by a kenwood 9103d mono amp. as there is no pre outs in the stock HU. i've used speaker level inputs from the rear speakers. i stay in gurgaon, so if you come here often, you can have a look.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote