Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 18:07   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Question ICE for my Esteem

After going through many posts, I have the following system in mind for my esteem

Head Unit
-Pioneer 7950UB
Front Door components
-JBL GTO 607C
Rear
-JBL GTO 937
Amp
-JBL CS60.4
Subwoofer
-JBL GT4-10/GT4-12

GZPK10 8 gauge amp wiring kit

Is it any good, my budget is 30-35K (Including installation, wiring), will be basically listening english pop/rock/house kinda music and bollywood.

Also any good dealers/installers in Delhi, I am in Vasant Kunj

and should i wait for Auto Expo'08 or buy from there.
prashantrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 22:59   #2
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantrana View Post
After going through many posts, I have the following system in mind for my esteem

Head Unit
-Pioneer 7950UB
Front Door components
-JBL GTO 607C
Rear
-JBL GTO 937
Amp
-JBL CS60.4
Subwoofer
-JBL GT4-10/GT4-12

GZPK10 8 gauge amp wiring kit

Is it any good, my budget is 30-35K (Including installation, wiring), will be basically listening english pop/rock/house kinda music and bollywood.

Also any good dealers/installers in Delhi, I am in Vasant Kunj

and should i wait for Auto Expo'08 or buy from there.

is auto expo going to sell ice???

neways, yr config looks good. though i don't like ovals and bass box together. you may want to wait for GT5 for JBL, there's a separate thread on it. and i'd take the 75.4 instead of 60.4 for a 30-35k budget, add some damping to it as well.

search for gunbir in members. go through his posts and installs.

if you haven't bought the car already, the esteem and omni do not meet new safety norms likely to be enforced. they may stop prodn, or alter to meet the norms. wouldn't be advisable to buy a new esteem at this time, unless things have changed already.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 17:02   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
is auto expo going to sell ice???
my point was if like JBL will put up a stall there and one can buy from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
if you haven't bought the car already, the esteem and omni do not meet new safety norms likely to be enforced. they may stop prodn, or alter to meet the norms. wouldn't be advisable to buy a new esteem at this time, unless things have changed already.
i am buying a 2004 model will be delivered on this sunday
prashantrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 11:06   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

[quote=montyguru;669555]though i don't like ovals and bass box together. quote]
If you could explain a bit

I am also thinking of putting a CNG kit, so can I have the subwoofer with the CNG cylinder.
prashantrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 16:33   #5
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantrana View Post
my point was if like JBL will put up a stall there and one can buy from there.
I don't think JBL will be selling anything at an exhibition; they'll only showcase their products there. You'll have to buy from a dealer anyways
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 00:24   #6
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Cool

[quote=prashantrana;670752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
though i don't like ovals and bass box together. quote]
If you could explain a bit

I am also thinking of putting a CNG kit, so can I have the subwoofer with the CNG cylinder.
yes you can have. gunbir has done installs with CNG cars, and in the esteem i don't think there should be any problem.

ovals and no bass box is a long discussion. i'd rather leave this to gurus. i would personally prefer good front components and a couple of woofers in sealed boxes if i had an esteem, with good old round co-axs in the rear only to fill in.

yr car is 2004? the earlier guy has no system? and is he giving you a virgin rear tray with no holes by earlier speakers?

does anyone in delhi-ncr have 6x9 ovals and a sub combination? (just curious)
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 01:10   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
yr car is 2004? the earlier guy has no system? and is he giving you a virgin rear tray with no holes by earlier speakers?
the one which is there, i will be shifting it to the zen so that I have a whole new system for esteem.
prashantrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 08:21   #8
BHPian
 
rohitabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 59
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Instead of single amp try to increase your budget lil bit and install two amps one mono for GT4 12 and another 2 channel amp for oval and component... Check my system...Almost same config as yours without the components.
rohitabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 08:14   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitabc View Post
Instead of single amp try to increase your budget lil bit and install two amps one mono for GT4 12 and another 2 channel amp for oval and component...
this is the maximum budget i can go.

also i was looking in another thread that there is a GT5 series for the SUB ... is it any good and better value for money or i should stick to GT4?
prashantrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 09:39   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,469
Thanked: 19,377 Times
Default

The GT-4 12" has been replaced by the new GT-5 12 sub. As far as i remember the mrp of the GT-5 12 is Rs.4990.

From your setup I would suggest you don't go for the ovals in the back. Instead just opt for the 6" coaxials since you are already going for a sub.

If the budget is a constraint you can opt for another HU like the new 5050 or the 6950 unless you need usb.

By reducing the above 2 you should be able to accommodate the bigger JBL 74.5 amp. That's more worth it IMO.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 10:48   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
From your setup I would suggest you don't go for the ovals in the back. Instead just opt for the 6" coaxials since you are already going for a sub.
u mean GTO6537 and likes

any suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If the budget is a constraint you can opt for another HU like the new 5050 or the 6950 unless you need usb.
i definitely need USB .. I am now thinking 3090UB, is it any good as it has front USB Thread
prashantrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 12:46   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Co-axials sound better for the rear. Make sure you get a nice install done for the components on the door & use some damping as well.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 13:47   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,469
Thanked: 19,377 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantrana View Post
u mean GTO6537 and likes

any suggestions


i definitely need USB .. I am now thinking 3090UB, is it any good as it has front USB Thread
For the speakers 6" in the rear JBL has the GTO637 and GT-5 652. Do give the GT-5 a listen.

For the HU you can go for the pioneer 5050UB. It has 3 pre out allowing more flexibility of adding an extra amp in the future if you want to upgrade. It's a grey market model available for Rs.6500 I think.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 14:54   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

If you can streatch your budget then go for 75.4 AMP and for the timebeen drop the rear 937's and directly go for one mono amp 301.1 along with GTO1260BR (60th edition subwoofer), i bought this mono amp and subwoofer just 2 weeks ago and looking for suitable time for the installation .
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 22:22   #15
BHPian
 
rohitabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 59
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Go for JBL base tube istead of GT 12
rohitabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied Soccerfan In-Car Entertainment 45 10th March 2012 21:40
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
Esteem fuel pump(mpfi) in esteem-carb tank techn0l0gist Technical Stuff 0 13th June 2009 22:03
Help: ICE Upgrade for my Esteem Vxi.. angelfire In-Car Entertainment 35 7th October 2006 15:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks