Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 19:33   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Unhappy replacement for sx4 stock ice: single din

hello everyone. i know that it would be foolish to change the stock hu on my sx4 having audio controls on the steering. but having put;
jbl 507c compos,infinity 9623i, jbl gt5 sub & sony amp i am still not getting the desired effect in the sound setup . the bass and vocals effect cannot be heard on low volumes? so the last thing on my mind is to go for a hu replacement, preferably single din. please give u r suggestions friends.
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 11:02   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
the bass and vocals effect cannot be heard on low volumes? .
before you do consider why. Listen to some systems that have different HUs but otherwise similar config. I donthink a change in HU will help as much as maybe a change in front componenets, sub, or even adding a monoblock.

first consider what you find lacking with your present setup and then implent accordingly.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 15:04   #3
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
hello everyone. i know that it would be foolish to change the stock hu on my sx4 having audio controls on the steering. but having put;
jbl 507c compos,infinity 9623i, jbl gt5 sub & sony amp i am still not getting the desired effect in the sound setup . the bass and vocals effect cannot be heard on low volumes? so the last thing on my mind is to go for a hu replacement, preferably single din. please give u r suggestions friends.
does the stock HU have pre-outs? how is the sony amp connected to it?
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 02:48   #4
BHPian
 
amangujral06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 92
Thanked: Once
Default

changing the head unit to an after market will surely make a difference..alpine have some models which have options to connect to steering controls ..what is your budget?
within 10k go for pioneer(more features)
above 10k go for alpine(more features and amazing sq)
amangujral06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 10:14   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
does the stock HU have pre-outs? how is the sony amp connected to it?
I assume via speaker level to line level adapters.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 14:34   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Dash kits are available for the SX4 with which you can change the player to an aftermarke one, and yeah SX4 OE player does not sound that good at all. You will need the wiring harness too along with the dash kit.
Buy some good branded product like Scosche or something.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 16:44   #7
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Dash kits are available for the SX4 with which you can change the player to an aftermarke one
Does the kit+wirring harness allow for retaining the steering remote?
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 16:56   #8
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 783
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Dash kits are available for the SX4 with which you can change the player to an aftermarke one, and yeah SX4 OE player does not sound that good at all. You will need the wiring harness too along with the dash kit.
Buy some good branded product like Scosche or something.
sir can you please explain me , that what is this DASH KIT
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 22:48   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey everybody, i know a installer near to our locality who does some connection of the after market hu with the steering controls in sx 4.had seen one such sx4 in which 2 din jvc exad touch screen ice was installed.cost of the entire set up was 2 lacs. but, my budget is around 10k for the hu. and one more thing he charges around 6k for this connection thing with steering controls.
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 00:46   #10
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Smile dash kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
sir can you please explain me , that what is this DASH KIT
a lot of OE stereos are not standard DIN or 2 DIN sizes but cut roundish, widish as per the manufacturer's fancy.

a dash kit is a kit which has a case or pattis that fit in custom OE spaces so that standard DIN sized HUs can be neatly fit. scosche has ones for Sx4, toyota, honda etc.

you also get specific wiring harnesses that enable you to keep steering audio controls as well.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 07:07   #11
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

just an update for SX4 guys.
a friend installed a Pio 7950 HU. got the console plastic from a SX4 VXI.
the owner wanted to junk the infinity rear speakers and so he put in fosgate oval components,am suprised at the good quality sound at a decent price (4-5K in grey ) fronts are running ifinity components.
Front and rear powered by a Kenwood 4ch amp, 1 JBL CS1204 sub in a sealed box(btw these car acessory wallas have made identical replicas of the CS1204B box..) thats powered by a sony mono.
The car sounds quite good,changing the HU made a LOT of difference.
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 13:25   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
just an update for SX4 guys.
a friend installed a Pio 7950 HU. got the console plastic from a SX4 VXI.
the owner wanted to junk the infinity rear speakers and so he put in fosgate oval components,am suprised at the good quality sound at a decent price (4-5K in grey ) fronts are running ifinity components.
Front and rear powered by a Kenwood 4ch amp, 1 JBL CS1204 sub in a sealed box(btw these car acessory wallas have made identical replicas of the CS1204B box..) thats powered by a sony mono.
The car sounds quite good,changing the HU made a LOT of difference.

And what happened to the steering remote??
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 17:07   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 786 Times
Default

@man if you deciede to change the HU what is going to become of the old HU? lolz I hope I was subtle enough..hehe.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:20   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i have connected my nokia 6300 to the aux in port of the hu. the sound quality has improved considerably. i am going to change my sony amp with jbl 75.4 amp. i hope this will boost the low volume punch.
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 00:04   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi friends. i have changed the sony amp and gone for jbl gto 75.4 amp with b/w for rs.8500/-. i am very happy with same o.e hu as the car is thumping on full volume.
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing a single-din player into a double-din slot rattimehra In-Car Entertainment 21 29th April 2016 21:09
ICE(single din) for Corolla AWD In-Car Entertainment 13 6th November 2011 13:49
Info about Using 1 din slot to use a 2 din HU shalini_g In-Car Entertainment 30 10th March 2006 21:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks