Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th January 2008, 18:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hmm DIY fever is catching up on T-Bhp.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 18:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

sorry buddy lots of pics i was not able to click,the plexi-glass is on the amp is very thin and ihad glued with bostic,before putting the final amp cover the Tape was removed it took us approximately two days to build it up.
The music mainly we listen to is Hip-hop,house music/Trance and soft rock.

yess the sounds from the entry-level series of GZ is pretty cool giving good SQ,major point is the doors of the palio are not ratteling as of yet,but for sure we will do the damping once the car comes from the service station as its facing some minor problems..

Cheers.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 18:45   #18
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
sorry buddy lots of pics i was not able to click,the plexi-glass is on the amp is very thin and ihad glued with bostic,before putting the final amp cover the Tape was removed it took us approximately two days to build it up.

Two days is really not bad at all man for all that DIY neat work

The music mainly we listen to is Hip-hop,house music/Trance and soft rock.

Then why sealed, ported should have been better right?

yess the sounds from the entry-level series of GZ is pretty cool giving good SQ,major point is the doors of the palio are not ratteling as of yet,but for sure we will do the damping once the car comes from the service station as its facing some minor problems..

Will check on the specs of the GZ compos right now.

Cheers. yeah cheers cheers:
And also if you could answer this:

And yeah cost breakup of course ;
1. Subs GZ MK2:
2. Components GZ MK2:
3. Install cost (MDF, wiring etc.):
4. Cap:

Its okay if you can post the pics of the GZ mk 2 components later at your own leisure.

Edit: just saw the pics of the GZ mk2, even these look like mini GZ subs,lol.

Last edited by JPL : 14th January 2008 at 18:53.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 18:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
And also if you could answer this:

And yeah cost breakup of course ;
1. Subs GZ MK2:
2. Components GZ MK2:
3. Install cost (MDF, wiring etc.):
4. Cap:

Its okay if you can post the pics of the GZ mk 2 components later at your own leisure.
1. Subs GZTW 12MK2 - Rs. 5450/- each
2. Comps GZTC 16MK2 - Rs. 5650/- pair

Pic of 16MK2:

Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 19:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is that what ET came to visit us in ?
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 19:23   #21
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
1. Subs GZTW 12MK2 - Rs. 5450/- each
2. Comps GZTC 16MK2 - Rs. 5650/- pair
B&T guruji really VFM pricing on the GZ products that I have read about on the forum,kudos.

Btw how low can these components go? your reviews please..what type of music are the best suited for..thanku thanku.
Old 14th January 2008, 19:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Is that what ET came to visit us in ?
ET visited you? No wonder he went back!
Old 14th January 2008, 19:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Very much here. He's on his way to Shanghai soon Im told
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 19:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
B&T guruji really VFM pricing on the GZ products that I have read about on the forum,kudos.

Btw how low can these components go? your reviews please..what type of music are the best suited for..thanku thanku.
Thank you JPLji. Kudos to Ground Zero actually, for giving these products to us at a good price for the Indian market.

None of the entry to mid-fi comps go very low, with the exception of the Electras that have a Fs about 10-odd Hz lower than the norm which is again tiring on a head unit's power amp.

The Fs of these drivers must be about 70 Hz (my guess, I have not measured). So the bass response will be very much like the average component system. Nothing extraordinary, nor lacking.

I do not want to give an opinion (always a subjective thing), since I am commercially affiliated with the brand. , maybe Ramie bhai can provide some better insights after listening to them.
Old 14th January 2008, 21:20   #25
JPL
BHPian

JPLji lol, than you for the reply B&T. I would love to hear your feedback about the GZ MK2.

Though you are affiliated with the brand, on the forum you are B&T hehe and not Ajay (yea thank me for the enlightment lol).

So as B&T you can just offer your personal opinion on your observations with those speakers because they are really priced attractively or still better PM me if you can..hehe (Thee esnake dies and the lathi is not also tooting)
Old 15th January 2008, 02:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

@JPL ji,

Two days is really not bad at all man for all that DIY neat work
yes we started the work on friday midnight by 12.30,cut the board for the Amp and placed the amps wired it,so was done by 4.30 in morning,had tea at the airport then went to sleep

(SATURDAY) morning we started by 11am in the morning stripping down the friends palio,and 1 side he was installing the RCA cables front+rear+subs,the other side i installed the 4gague power cable did the grounding,so was done and refitted consoles by 4pm,we had food then went to buy mdf board got it cut/grooved 11"inches by this time it was 7pm,then headed to a friends factory assembled all the box,fitted the Plexi-glass over the Amp and Amp cover cover,sticked the black cloth,so it was 10.30,went home got fresh and went boozing.. came by 2.45 wen to sleep.

(SUNDAY) feeling damn boring to get off from bed,got of by 10.30 called my friend again by 12ish we started putting the Amp board in,slowly and steadly installed the Seakers/compos in the door,had food by 3.30,then back again,connected the bling bling lights,drilled/fitted a small push switch,so that when we open the boot the lights start working,wired it and done... by the time 5pm,started connecting the speakers,and just lying down in the car for a while listening to the sweet sound of GZMK2 compos and JBL 937's sounds it was great,had tea,got the subwoofer box from home pushed inside and connected it,and then goes BOOM BOOM.awesome the subs were full worth for the price paid,the we used cable ties binded all the wires neatly,fine tunned the amps,till my friend was satisfied,placed the cover on the AMP cleaned the car with vaccume cleaner,pushed the boom box inside the boot,seats closed,and then we headed to have some dinner and booze by 11.30am.. and wow the sound were head turners on roads,real Tigh bass and lovely SQ.. end of days play came home washed my hands and ohhhh.. aahhhhh.. ouch saw all cuts over my fingers

nice experience,though it wasn't the first DIY,but was the first which i tried to captured and posted it,its my pleasure that you all guys liked it,I again thanks Gunbir sir who's reference i took serious for all the neatness installs in his all previous threads,he is the best installer ive ever seen...

thanks B&T bro without your support and the stuff on time wouln't have made it a DIY

Then why sealed, ported should have been better right?
Sealed box was reccomended by the Gurus

Cost of MDF+Cloth came upto Rs.2650/-
Wiring+hardware+fittings(that depends on which you want to put,still roughly it came upto 4.8k)

cheers....

Ramie

Last edited by ramie2400 : 15th January 2008 at 02:32.
Old 15th January 2008, 02:39   #27
Team-BHP Support

Nice way to utilize a weekend,nice job.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 02:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nice way to utilize a weekend,nice job.
Thanks buddy,its sure the weekend is utilized,but alot heard from Mum-dad as they all had gone for a family meet,i was busy doing this hehehehehehe..
Old 15th January 2008, 13:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up...and what was the airport and the booze part ??
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 16:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Very well done Ramie... It is indeed a pleasure seeing such nice work. How I wish there were people of your age and passion in this industry.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote