Team-BHP - So why all the noise making by the Car Manufacturers abt ICE ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   So why all the noise making by the Car Manufacturers abt ICE ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34413-so-why-all-noise-making-car-manufacturers-abt-ice.html)

All car manufacturers make noise about Aftermarket operators may damage a vehicle's wiring by putting a music system, Blah! Blah! if any wire is tampered with the warranty on electricals is Void etc etc.
So if a customer walks into a car accessory store to put an aftermarket player and if a wiring harness is not used, Warranty is void.
So why is it not void when the Manufacturer's own authorised dealer is breaking the very same rule ?
This i10 came straight from the showroom with a crappy panasonic head unit and this is how it was wired by HYUNDAI.

Snap below,

Lol, maybe someone should show this to the hyundai guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 692295)
All car manufacturers make noise about Aftermarket operators may damage a vehicle's wiring by putting a music system, Blah! Blah! if any wire is tampered with the warranty on electricals is Void etc etc.

Most of that crap is to ensure that the customer is terrorised into buying accessories only from their own accessory shop. we all know that. :D

In fact some of the showrooms send the cars out to the local market to get them fitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 692295)

Revenue opportunity for the dealer. In most cases, the dealer's cousin's shop in shop fits the accessory. Have you ever seen a single invoice from the dealer with all extras ? There are usually two invoices.

As we all know, its just so that the customer is held at ransom, and hence forced to purchase his accessories from the dealer itself. Quite a neat way to enforce it.

Since i wasnt really very choosy when it came to ICE requirements for my car, i got it done from the dealer itself. :)

OT : My first post in the ICE section, this !

The person who has installed this must be beaten up. He has done great damage to the wiring. He could have used the harness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 692527)
The person who has installed this must be beaten up. He could have used the harness.

No no LBM no need to do that. All we should do is put the installer into a "harness". :-)

and strap him to LBM's rear seat?
Ok, maybe with a customary butter chicken plate. But yes, should be fun :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarySkulls (Post 692739)

You forgot to mention - "with the child locks on". :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 692386)
Most of that crap is to ensure that the customer is terrorised into buying accessories only from their own accessory shop. we all know that. In fact some of the showrooms send the cars out to the local market to get them fitted.

This particular i10 customer is terrorised by his missus too :Frustrati He left in a good mood after some of ravens magic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 692826)
This particular i10 customer is terrorised by his missus too :Frustrati He left in a good mood after some of ravens magic!

:confused:Raven taught him tricks how to "tame the shrew"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 692896)
:confused:Raven taught him tricks how to "tame the shrew"?

And did they actually work ? Guess part II will cover that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 692929)
And did they actually work ? Guess part II will cover that. :)

If there is a part 2 then we know he tamed the shrew... or left her !

:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarySkulls (Post 692739)
Ok, maybe with a customary butter chicken plate. But yes, should be fun :-)

will hands tied so that he cannot close his ears :D

I guess this is how they did mine too....Blue raven, can I meet you sometime and get this undone?