Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th August 2009, 22:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! Is it this model? It is Focal econo-model alright. Where did you get it from? I guess you didn't get a chance to check other models and prices before you purchased it.

Looks odd though. If it is meant for mounting at a 4" location, then the cone is just too small as compared to other 4" (JBL, Blau, Illusion, Pio, Sony etc.). No wonder it is tinny, apart from being bright.

If reducing treble at the HU does not help, nothing will. The unit is too small to safely do any modifications (like adding a resistor in series with it's tweeter). Better go back to your installer and get it changed. If that doesn't work, try sticking a layer of thick curtain cloth over the speaker (or behind the grill) to reduce the high frequencies
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 15:43   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Ouch! Is it this model? It is Focal econo-model alright. Where did you get it from? I guess you didn't get a chance to check other models and prices before you purchased it.

Looks odd though. If it is meant for mounting at a 4" location, then the cone is just too small as compared to other 4" (JBL, Blau, Illusion, Pio, Sony etc.). No wonder it is tinny, apart from being bright.

If reducing treble at the HU does not help, nothing will. The unit is too small to safely do any modifications (like adding a resistor in series with it's tweeter). Better go back to your installer and get it changed. If that doesn't work, try sticking a layer of thick curtain cloth over the speaker (or behind the grill) to reduce the high frequencies
Yes, it the same. I got it installed from Technokrat chennai. You are correct, I didn't get a chance to check other models. I was looking for JBL, but he doesn't deal JBL.

I will try covering with some thick cloth, and will post.

Thanks for your help.
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 00:08   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Guys - any comments from any Verna owners regarding the proper fit into the dashboard?
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Couple of questions though - I have a Verna and have just got the 6050 fitted, however it kind of protudes out slightly and leaves a minimal gap from the sides (I shall post pics tomorrow). The installer claims that as the dash of the Verna is tilted towards the driver, there cannot be a perfect fit - What I wanted to know is - is this true and is there a solution.
Thanks!
Uploading the pic. Please note the ugly gap which exists as the HU is slightly protuding from the dash (the gap is on top as well). If I fit the HU completely inside the dash, the outer ring does not fit. The installer claims that this is because of the design of the Verna's dash - Suggestions welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Pioneer HU 40505050 ?-ice.jpg  

sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 10:06   #169
BHPian

Sir, is your HU fitted with help of the DIN sleeve??

In Verna, the console has to be removed and the HU screwed in place like most double din ones.
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 09:13   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Sir, is your HU fitted with help of the DIN sleeve??

In Verna, the console has to be removed and the HU screwed in place like most double din ones.
Yes, the console was removed and the HU was fitted onto a bracket (sleeve I guess) which was then screwed back into the console area (it has preexisting holes for the screws - post which the center console (the one with the AC vents and wooden finish) was put back on.
sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:35   #171
BHPian

Approximate prices of Pioneer HU in bangalore - Pio 5050 and 6050
praveen4554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 01:29   #172
Senior - BHPian

I'm in process of buying Pioneer 6050 from the Grey Market and have been quoted Rs.7500 for the same. I was interested in the 7150 but it's not available in the grey market now and features wise both are same but 7150 when available retailed for 8.5k.

Now the main question, is there any problem with the motorised slide mechanism or any other issues with the 6050?
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 07:14   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4554 View Post
Approximate prices of Pioneer HU in bangalore - Pio 5050 and 6050

I bought 5050 last month for INR 6400 and 6050 was quoted 8500.
mjkaushal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 08:28   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I'm in process of buying Pioneer 6050 from the Grey Market and have been quoted Rs.7500 for the same. I was interested in the 7150 but it's not available in the grey market now and features wise both are same but 7150 when available retailed for 8.5k.

Now the main question, is there any problem with the motorised slide mechanism or any other issues with the 6050?
Why go for products from grey market. I know it saves some money (about 2k I guess) but, consider this case. Your lens gets a bit dirty and CD starts skipping. It did in my case (I have a DEH5990, 2007 model). You will go to a person who repairs head units and say, the cd is skipping, He will open your head unit and charge you around 1200 for the new lens and about 2-300 labour.

Since I had warrenty, I called up at the service station, the service engineer came to my place, took the head unit to the service station, called me up and informed that lens got a bit dirty, so serviced it completely and delivered it back to my place in 2 days. Now its been almost 8-9 months since I got the headset serviced and its playing absolutely fine. Even with the case of lens or any other part going fauly, they would have replaced it without any charge. I was not charged even a single penny for the service.

I must say the service I got for paying around 1.4k extra at the time of purchasing was amazing.

If you go for the headunit with motorised pannel, you have another reason to buy it under warrenty. the pioneer headsets are very reliable but afterall its machinery!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th October 2009 at 08:34.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 13:42   #175
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gaurav. My experience with Grey market has always been superb, I never came across any problems with my purchases. Moreover, 6050 single din has been discontinued officially so Grey market is the only option now. The the 7150, which is the same as 6050 when it comes to features retails for around 14k with B&W, which is almost the double the rate at which I'm getting 6050 for.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:36   #176
BHPian

i got the 6050 for 8k some 10 months back and it works like a charm..
and i got it in grey too..no issues yet..
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 19:03   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i got the 6050 for 8k some 10 months back and it works like a charm..
and i got it in grey too..no issues yet..
Thanks for valuable input. Nice that the set is working fine.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:56   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I need some advice out here.

I have a Pioneer DEH-5090UB installed in my Swift for the past year and I am happy with its performance. I have installed JBL component speakers in the front and Boston 6X9 co-axials at the rear.

One of my uncles in the US is coming down to India and is getting a HU for his car here. He has also got one for my dad for his Innova.

He has bought a HU from a brand called DP Audio. The model number is DP312B. The specifications are as below.

3" Wide Screen In-Dash DVD Player

Specifications

* 3Ē Wide screen In-Dash DVD Player
* Built-In Bluetooth with A2DP Wireless Music Playback
* DVD Player supports DVD-R, VCD, MP3, JPG, WMA, CD, and much more
* Dlink cable included to connect MP3/MP4 player
* USB and AUX Inputs on front of unit
* 3-RCA Pre-Outs including Front, Rear and Subwoofer
* High Power 75W x 4
* Backup Camera Ready
* Fully Detachable Face with carrying case
* Full Function Remote Control Included
* Piano Black finish

DPAudioVideo - Products

My dilemma is that the specifications are better than what my current HU has. So, I thought of replacing my HU with the new one and install the old one in my dad's Innova. But, I had never heard about this brand until now. Has anybody heard about this brand?

Would you guys advise me to stay put or go for the change?

I am tempted to change since it has a DVD player, a 3 inch screen, Bluetooth etc which is not there in my old HU. My only grouse as of now, is the absence of a hidden USB port. It looks odd poking in the Flash drive in front of the HU.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:28   #179
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Hullooo!!!

Can somebody help me out???
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:09   #180
BHPian

Specs look good! I had bought an AudioVox with bluetooth et. al. at a sale in US 6 months back and its been working very well - no issue so far. It suits my requirements. I must also add that AudioVox is somewhat known- nowhere close to Pio though. I havent heard of DP Audio so cant comment.

~maniac
serious_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote