Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th January 2008, 09:27   #1
Default need help regarding wiring and installation

hey guys .
i guess the excitement never seems to end on team-bhp. It was only last week that i finally managed to deicde on my audio setup ( with obvious help from all team -bhp members esp navin ji , B& T ) . i managed to squeeze it in my budget ( actually the budget upgraded ! ) well anyways , i thought i might just go in for the routine commom installer wiring kit , but team -bhp managed to convinve me ( yet again ) that i need to use better cables to ensure optimum utilisation of my system . so here i am again with another query ( sigh !) :

i needed a VFM wiring kit cuz i obvously cannot afford a monster kit . I also didnt wanna go in for the boss kits ( about 800 / - ) as i have heard enough bad things about it to stay away from it . I heard about finolex cables being good vfm. is it true ?? if so how many metres will i be requiring ???? Also what else do i need including RCA ? ( guys i am an absolute newbie at this. so please gimme your inputs as if you were teaching a 2 year old kid the alphabet ... and can you also mention the prices if possible )

my car : swift vxi
my setup :
pioneer HU 5050/4050
Front illusion compos 6.1 EL
Rear in stock JBl cs series coaxials
4ch amplifier sony xm-zr604
JBL gt5 series 1100 watts

i know guys sony isnt exactly recommended but thats the best i could fit in that budget. If you can suggest anything better at similar prices please let me know. i would appreciate any help i can get.

gandolf_thewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 14:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

a VFM Wiring kit would be Scosche e2, sells in BLR for between 2500 to 2700. In this kit all the components are very good.
If you looking for an even cheaper solution then you can look at InstallBay, they have a kit for Rs 1300 in which the power wire is decent, rest is not so great but is much better than Boss at least.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 16:26   #3

Hello Blueraven. What does the kit contain.

@gandolf. you need -
power cable - finolex would do as a good alternate
RCA - scosche as suggested - 2 no's - for the sub and the front speakers
speaker wires - do you plan to use the wires you got with the speakers. you can also opt for scosche which i think run at Rs 20.00 per metre)
remote - again, finolex will be more than sufficient

RAC is offline   Reply With Quote