Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 31st January 2008, 18:53   #1

Default Suggestion for my Music system for Santro Xing

I am Sunil.I have a santro xing model car for which i have connected the following.

Head unit-Sony 460us
Front Speakers-Sony round(ordinary)
Rear Speakers-JBL GTO 937
Amplifer-Sony 554ZR
Subwoofer-JBL CS1004T

I have connected the amp to the rear speakers and the Subwoofer.
I am also planning to replace the amp with JBL CS60.4.Please suggest me whether i should replace the amp i have(Grey market one) or continue with the same.Is the amplifer 554ZR capable of driving the Subwoofer and the rear speakers.People tell that the head lights get dimmed due to the subwoofer.Is it true.Please give me your valuable suggestion.
linusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 21:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

60.4 is a good choice.

You can start from here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 22:24   #3

Thanx for your reply,
will this 60.4 be capable of driving the rear speakers and the CS1004T subwoofer.

Sunil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Welcome to TBHP

60.4 is a good choice.

You can start from here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html
Old 1st February 2008, 03:27   #4
BANNED

60.4 would be perfect, bridged.
go for regular co axials JBL speakers in the front.
937 at the rear are fine. powered from the amp.
would also advice a pioneer HU
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:17   #5

Thanx for the reply. I have installed the cs60.4 amp for my car. You have suggested for the Pioneer head unit. Please tell me the model of the Pioneer Head unit which will be able to drive my tweeters, 4 speakers and the subwoofer.
Regards
Sunil.k

Note from Mod - Please leave spaces after using a punctuation mark to ease readability. If you wish to discuss this, look here > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post715293 (A YetiGuide® : How To Post In Proper English) . Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2008 at 22:46. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:50   #6
BANNED

i would suggest the pio 5050 or the 6050 if it falls in your budget. chuck the tweeters, power front co axs from the HU, rear speakers and sub from the amp.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:02   #7

Thank You sir for your reply.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusk View Post
Head unit-Sony 460us
Front Speakers-Sony round(ordinary)
Rear Speakers-JBL GTO 937
Amplifer-Sony 554ZR
Subwoofer-JBL CS1004T

I have connected the amp to the rear speakers and the Subwoofer.
I am also planning to replace the amp with JBL CS60.4.Please suggest me whether i should replace the amp i have(Grey market one) or continue with the same.Is the amplifer 554ZR capable of driving the Subwoofer and the rear speakers.People tell that the head lights get dimmed due to the subwoofer.Is it true.Please give me your valuable suggestion.
120% u have to change ur amp if u want the potential of ur jbl sub. i was running with the same sony 2 channel amp. sony amp is very weak 130 watts rms is not enough. get rid of the amp.try out if u get a jbl 75.4. u can use them for rear gto937 and the sub. its an amazing amp.
amit_mechengg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 05:38   #9
BANNED

Amit, he has got a 60.4
the sony is not so bad. it used to power my 306DVC.now it just powers the comps and rear speakers now.
Old 25th March 2008, 08:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Is Pioneer 5050 really good? I like the Pio 6050 but its doesnt fit into my budget
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 21:59   #11

I checked with the car accessories shop here.They have Pioneer 3090 and the pioneer 5090.How are these and what is your opinion on Sony 460us.The vendors also told me to add a adapter to the sony 460us because it does not have the sub output.What actually is this adapter.One vendor also suggested me to exchange the Sony 460us with pioneer 5090 for Rs 4500.Should i go for the exchange.Pls advice.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:38   #12

Quote:
I checked with the car accessories shop here.They have Pioneer 3090 and the pioneer 5090.How are these and what is your opinion on Sony 460us.The vendors also told me to add a adapter to the sony 460us because it does not have the sub output.What actually is this adapter.One vendor also suggested me to exchange the Sony 460us with pioneer 5090 for Rs 4500.Should i go for the exchange.Pls advice.
This is in continuation of my previous mails.I have added a Scosche SLC4 converter as per the advice of my installer. for my audio system as the system i have did not have Pre amp outputs.After adding this the quality of the rear speaker has improved but the front speakers and the tweeters are not getting any signal.Without sound from the front listening to music is very boring.What should i do to come out of this problem.Please advice me.
Old 12th April 2008, 22:37   #13

This is in continuation of my previous mails.I have added a Scosche SLC4 converter as per the advice of my installer. for my audio system as the system i have did not have Pre amp outputs.After adding this the quality of the rear speaker has improved but the front speakers and the tweeters are not getting any signal.Without sound from the front listening to music is very boring.What should i do to come out of this problem.Please advice me.
Old 13th April 2008, 11:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I have added a Scosche SLC4 converter as per the advice of my installer. ... quality of the rear speaker has improved but the front speakers and the tweeters are not getting any signal...
Difficult to imagine how you have connected the different parts of the system, other than assuming that both the front and rear speaker outputs of the HU has been wired to the Scosche converter box. Let me hazard a guess:
* You have connected one pair of amp channels to the 937 (rear) and the other pair bridged to the sub
* Your fronts speaker are connected to the HU
* Or have the front speakers been disconnected after the Scosche box was connected??? Is that what you are trying to say???

If so, do the following:
1. Connect the 'front' RCA (corresponding to the front speaker connection of the Scosche box) to the 'front' channel input pair of the amp. Connect the front components to the 'front' channels of the amp
2. Connect the rear 937s to the HU. Yes, right in parallel with the Scosche box
3. Connect the 'rear' RCA to the 'rear' channel input pair, and the sub to the bridged 'rear' outputs
4. Reduce amp gains to 0. Keep HU volume to normal listening volume, and gradually shift Fader to Rear, till the 937s are giving decent output. If needed, Increase HU volume till you are satisfied for the rear seat
5. Increase the 'front' channel gain till, sitting in the front seat the front volume is slightly higher than the rear
6. Now increase the 'rear' channel gain till you get your desired level of bass thump
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 11:15   #15
BHPian

Quote:
This is in continuation of my previous mails.I have added a Scosche SLC4 converter as per the advice of my installer. for my audio system as the system i have did not have Pre amp outputs.

I thought the 460us had 2 preamp outputs... Refer to the following link.

460 specs
sonic_boom is offline   Reply With Quote