Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th February 2008, 17:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Connect speakers with HU

Hi Gurus,
Explain me how to connect Speakers(Front Components and Rear Speakers) with HU having 1,2,3 preouts?

How to connect a Sub using Mono,2,4 Amp ?

how to connect 4 Channel Amp to run Front Speakers and Sub using HU having 1,2,3 preouts?

Possible attach some diagrams.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 17:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

One cannot connect speakers to RCA outs directly. There must be amp in between.

The HU has a small internal amp to drive 2 pairs of speakers. Go to any ICE installer in your city he will do it for you.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 18:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes i know.Without Amp we can't connect Speakers with HU

So every HU- Amp has 4 pairs of positive and Negative connectors.

A pair of +,- connector to run a Speaker.Am i right.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 18:30   #4
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi Gurus,
Explain me how to connect Speakers(Front Components and Rear Speakers) with HU having 1,2,3 preouts?

How to connect a Sub using Mono,2,4 Amp ?

how to connect 4 Channel Amp to run Front Speakers and Sub using HU having 1,2,3 preouts?

Possible attach some diagrams.
Hi. I was also in this state of confusion and did a lot of reading on the forum and asking questions.

your question is on connecting a sub.

you need a HU with minimum 2 pre-outs (not considering 1 pre-out HU and using y-splitters).
The RCA will run from the 2 pre-outs on the HU to the inputs on the amp. From the 4 channel amp, you can power either the front or the rear speaker (this uses 2 pairs of connectors).
The other 2 pairs will be bridged (eg +of left and -of right) and can be used to power the sub. THis very basically means that the output to 2 speakers is combined to power a sub.

Note: if it is a mono or a 2 channel amp, you can drive only a sub OR a pair of speakers (not a sub AND a pair of speakers)
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote