Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 09:09   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default 2005 CRV Ice Install Rockfordfosgate + JL Audio + JVC EXAD

  • Head unit _________JVC KW AVX800
  • Speaker Front______Rockford Fosgate Power T162S
  • Speaker Front______Rockford Fosgate Power T162S
  • Center Speaker_____Alpine
  • Subwoofer_________Rockford Fosgate Power Stage 2 T212D4 12"
  • Amplifier 1_________JL AUDIO 500/1......powering the sub
  • Amplifier 2_________JL AUDIO 300/4......powering the speakers
  • A pair of Capacitor
Some random pictures










My personal Opinion :
  1. For the kind of money spent ,the sound doesnt seem that great.
  2. There is a lot of jarring noise probably due to the fibreglass panels vibrating .
  3. The Subwoofer hits really hard and low .

Last edited by maxbhp : 13th February 2008 at 09:13.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 09:18   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Looks eye candy from far, however finishing is very average. Looking at the snaps I guessed it would vibrate but you have confirmed it at the end.
Lot of equipment gone in, so who did the install ??
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 09:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Looks bling could you please post some better pics as I am unable to see what is installed where except for the HU & front speakers

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th February 2008 at 09:19.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 09:28   #4
BHPian
 
nripin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
[list]
My personal Opinion :
  1. For the kind of money spent ,the sound doesnt seem that great.
  2. There is a lot of jarring noise probably due to the fibreglass panels vibrating .
  3. The Subwoofer hits really hard and low .
Where is this guy based out of?

I think if he can tune his Amps they must do a good job especially when he has expensive compionents put in them

Dont know how much of Ohmage and RMS mathing are there in the setup though
nripin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 09:52   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Looks eye candy from far, however finishing is very average. Looking at the snaps I guessed it would vibrate but you have confirmed it at the end.
Lot of equipment gone in, so who did the install ??
I think its your friend from bangalore . When I had asked my friend about the vibration part he said he is yet to finish it completely . So the problem may have been sorted out by now.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 10:04   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Looks bling could you please post some better pics as I am unable to see what is installed where except for the HU & front speakers
Am sorry about the picture quality. Thats all I have got for the moment. Will take better pics the next time the car is in town. PResently its in bangalore.

maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 10:06   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Spray painted to blue ? If so doesnt look good.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 10:13   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Spray painted to blue ? If so doesnt look good.
Partly its due to the ambient lighting conditions. It looks nice though not great.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 10:56   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

This would have been nice in some other vehicle. CRV could do well with a completely stealth install but yet powerful. Hate the stock drivers in my dads vandi.

Those amps are super!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 11:13   #10
BHPian
 
nripin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
This would have been nice in some other vehicle. CRV could do well with a completely stealth install but yet powerful. Hate the stock drivers in my dads vandi.

Those amps are super!

Personally i'd love it even if they never looked great but sounded sweet,
the blue dual shade finish is something i woudn't pay any money for.
nripin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 11:29   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Some equipment is good and some is average. At least he should have put a component in the front. With a little more work the install will look good.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 12:38   #12
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The install looks pretty average, I wonder how it sounds. The door pods looks bad and should have been kept stock rather than doing this kind of job.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 13:49   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Some equipment is good and some is average. At least he should have put a component in the front. With a little more work the install will look good.
He has one in the front .
The whole install cost the guy close to 1.5 lacs.
Sounds believable considering the cost of RF Stage 2 Power Sub Woofer and JL audio Amps.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 15:19   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

I second the opinion that the install quality is not great. Honestly, I don't know how well the blue equipment blend with the CRV's interiors.

You could consider some kind of a re-installation for all the expensive equipment. I did that for the average setup in my Baleno.

Congrats! Great to know you're loving the sound.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 18:46   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
He has one in the front .
The whole install cost the guy close to 1.5 lacs.
Sounds believable considering the cost of RF Stage 2 Power Sub Woofer and JL audio Amps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I second the opinion that the install quality is not great. Honestly, I don't know how well the blue equipment blend with the CRV's interiors.

You could consider some kind of a re-installation for all the expensive equipment. I did that for the average setup in my Baleno.

Congrats! Great to know you're loving the sound.
Its not my install Rockstar . Belongs to a friend of mine.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SX4 gets EXAD'ED maglev In-Car Entertainment 68 30th December 2010 00:56
JVC EXAD Units :kd-avx33 VS KW-AVX800 with Bluetooth Adapter KS-BTA200 babhishek In-Car Entertainment 31 5th March 2010 22:29
ICE set - JVC (KS-FX12). snaronikar Shifting gears 1 24th September 2007 09:51
2005 Innova Custom audio install A S H V I N In-Car Entertainment 9 15th November 2006 01:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks