Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th April 2008, 22:44   #106
BHPian

Today evening i got pricing of JBL GT5-402@2900/-, GT5-604@4900/-,CS60.2@3000/- Kenwood kac5203@2700 (all grey) which one should i buy for cs1204 sub? any other /better amp available in this price (5k)?
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 15:35   #107
Senior - BHPian

I had to revive this thread after a long time since I dont see any consensus reached for MS and Veb here. I am now also in the same boat. I am looking for a cheap SQ sub woofer at 5k (including enclosure). This will be driven off 2 channels (bridged) of Kenwood 8401.

What would be the suggestions plz?

@Veb, @Million Swords, if you guys have decided on anything, please do let me know.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 17:12   #108
BHPian

No decision yet. Will probably wait post vacation. So will update in July.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 17:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I had to revive this thread after a long time since I dont see any consensus reached for MS and Veb here. I am now also in the same boat. I am looking for a cheap SQ sub woofer at 5k (including enclosure). This will be driven off 2 channels (bridged) of Kenwood 8401.

What would be the suggestions plz?

@Veb, @Million Swords, if you guys have decided on anything, please do let me know.
nishant, i can owe for GZ MK2 sub within +/- of your budget. though its power rating is 400 watts rms it is quite a versatile sub. but you will have to confirm with B&T whether 180 watts rms on your kenwood will suffice.
if not the JBL GT5 sub is also very good VFM.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 17:37   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
nishant, i can owe for GZ MK2 sub within +/- of your budget. though its power rating is 400 watts rms it is quite a versatile sub. but you will have to confirm with B&T whether 180 watts rms on your kenwood will suffice.
if not the JBL GT5 sub is also very good VFM.
@amit_mechengg, I did happen to hear the GZ subs in 2 different cars. IMO, I found the bass to be a bit slow and very thumpy (i.e. on the SPL side).

I am looking for tight bass which gels well with the Electra compos. I dont want a setup where the sub overpowers the music with too much boom-boom. I am yet to decide between 6x9s vs sub. If I get a sub which produces the entire range of low frequencies well and integrates fairly decent with the front compos, I willgo for it. Else, the 6x9s

How has been your experience with GZ sub? You got the JBL GT5-12 replaced with it right?
Old 27th April 2008, 22:40   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@amit_mechengg, I did happen to hear the GZ subs in 2 different cars. IMO, I found the bass to be a bit slow and very thumpy (i.e. on the SPL side).

I am looking for tight bass which gels well with the Electra compos. I dont want a setup where the sub overpowers the music with too much boom-boom. I am yet to decide between 6x9s vs sub. If I get a sub which produces the entire range of low frequencies well and integrates fairly decent with the front compos, I willgo for it. Else, the 6x9s

How has been your experience with GZ sub? You got the JBL GT5-12 replaced with it right?
ya, but the bass is quick IMO but its not hard and tight. as u said rightly its a bit booming. but the bass matches very well with the electra compos. the sub doesnt overpower the music at all. along with nice music from front sound stage it gives a very nice sweet thumps from rear.
infact i found JBL bass very nice and tight but very loud. the sounds of both these subs differ a lot. once your ears get used to any of these you will find the other sub very different.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 10:39   #112
BHPian

Default Just perfect!

Quote:

Heya,

Im looking for the same.
No loudness, plain behind stage tight sublime bass.
I'm waiting to audition some Subs, before I make my decision.
The price tag, sure is about 5K, depends on what we can get for the 5K.

And oh yeah, before all that, I was suggested and convinced to get a HU before my Sub hunting, so the Sub will come in after a few months, and Oh yeah, me hunting for a new job as I have relocated suddenly. So will find a job, and then go ahead with the ICE hunting. [meanwhile please PM me if u know any opening for me, a Techno Marketing guy, with development experience and marketing experience, previously a Project Manager].

Chennai fellas who have some neat sub kindly allow me to audition please let me know, I will take a few minutes to listen to your ICE. Thanks in Adv.

cheers,
MS
MillionSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 17:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

*bump*
@veb - whats up dude? Any decision yet on your sub? Long time no see on TBHP??
Old 12th June 2008, 17:45   #114
BHPian

Thumbs up

OT here : Nishant - if your game for the Tbhp Mumbai meet on 21st, then we can catch up earlier in the day.

That should allow time for you to audition another Blau 12inch Sub for your additonal reference and we can head to the pit accordingly.

Keep me posted mate.

Rgds
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 23:49   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
OT here : Nishant - if your game for the Tbhp Mumbai meet on 21st, then we can catch up earlier in the day.

That should allow time for you to audition another Blau 12inch Sub for your additonal reference and we can head to the pit accordingly.

Keep me posted mate.

Rgds
may i join in too ?
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 09:14   #116
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hey Magma,

Sure buddy. Your most welcome.

I stay in S'cruz and will be dropping off my ride there and we can all hop into a tuk-tuk and head to Pritam.

Lets chalk out a plan and rock-on.

Cheers mate.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 13:55   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hey Magma,

Sure buddy. Your most welcome.

I stay in S'cruz and will be dropping off my ride there and we can all hop into a tuk-tuk and head to Pritam.

Lets chalk out a plan and rock-on.

Cheers mate.
no problemo.
though we may also be able to squezze in MY tuk tuk 800 .
will PM you when the day is near
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 12:33   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
I brought it from Badolla's Electronics SP road.Ph.41519083(if it helps anyone).
Errr....Mohan, did u check if the sub was genuine? Would love to pick one up for myself if it is genuine. what dd your installer say?
wannabe loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 20:26   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
Errr....Mohan, did u check if the sub was genuine? Would love to pick one up for myself if it is genuine. what dd your installer say?
Hi I dont think sub was fake.Its (i think) discontinued model. so that price
I am not facing any problem with that.
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 12:21   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Hi I dont think sub was fake.Its (i think) discontinued model. so that price
I am not facing any problem with that.
Thanks mate! will do the same myself!
wannabe loser is offline   Reply With Quote