Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th February 2010, 13:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
... What can go wrong which cannot be easily fixed by system restore?
LOL @maglev's objective is to put in a fool-proof system - where only settings can go wrong (he has even accounted for the service people's goof ups in his use cases), not basic functionality itself.

"Can be easily fixed by system restore" is a different philosophy, good only for users who wouldn't mind going through the pain of having an equipment become dysfunctional and then having to "restore".

Otherwise, @live to jive, one normally prefers a no-maintenance solution for peace of mind.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
LOL @maglev's objective is to put in a fool-proof system - where only settings can go wrong (he has even accounted for the service people's goof ups in his use cases), not basic functionality itself.
"Can be easily fixed by system restore" is a different philosophy, good only for users who wouldn't mind going through the pain of having an equipment become dysfunctional and then having to "restore".
Otherwise, @live to jive, one normally prefers a no-maintenance solution for peace of mind.

Thats Exactly what I want, complete peace of mind.

BTW I have successfully transplanted the SX4 OE HU into my New Ritz link attached

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...into-ritz.html
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Thats Exactly what I want, complete peace of mind.

BTW I have successfully transplanted the SX4 OE HU into my New Ritz link attached

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...into-ritz.html
Great job mate! i hope something worthwhile can be done to improve the end finish of the HU install on the Ritz dash though....

Soo does this mean the SX4 is without an HU? I see that you havent installed the silver trim back onto the dash...any scruff marks while removing the trim?

Please click a lot of hi-res pics while installing the HU, steering wheel remote interface connectors, BT mic/speaker placement and wire routing and yea some close ups of the HU finished install in the new dashkit from front as well as side-on...It will help all the other SX4 owners on the forum...

cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 1st March 2010 at 12:26.
prince85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 13:14   #19
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Great job mate! i hope something worthwhile can be done to improve the end finish of the HU install on the Ritz dash though....

Soo does this mean the SX4 is without an HU? I see that you havent installed the silver trim back onto the dash...any scruff marks while removing the trim?

Please click a lot of hi-res pics while installing the HU, steering wheel remote interface connectors, BT mic/speaker placement and wire routing and yea some close ups of the HU finished install in the new dashkit from front as well as side-on...It will help all the other SX4 owners on the forum...

cheers

I'll be using M-Seal to fill up the edges, the yellow markings are actually made by a felt marker which were made so as to ensure a straight cut.

Yes, the SX4 is without any HU at the moment.

As per your advise I have kept the silver trims safely in my house. Luckily there were no scruff marks as the silver trims were removed using a minus screwdriver with a piece of cloth on its head.

The silver trims will only be installed once the entire installation is done.

I am still deciding between Pioneer / Kenwood / JVC but JVC seems to be the safest bet as it is both idiot proof (Read MASS) & theft proof due to the detachable faceplate.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be using M-Seal to fill up the edges, the yellow markings are actually made by a felt marker which were made so as to ensure a straight cut.

Yes, the SX4 is without any HU at the moment.

As per your advise I have kept the silver trims safely in my house. Luckily there were no scruff marks as the silver trims were removed using a minus screwdriver with a piece of cloth on its head.

The silver trims will only be installed once the entire installation is done.

I am still deciding between Pioneer / Kenwood / JVC but JVC seems to be the safest bet as it is both idiot proof (Read MASS) & theft proof due to the detachable faceplate.
Cool...by the way what are the prices quoted to you for the pioneer/jvc and kenwood touchscreens?
Old 1st March 2010, 14:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Cool...by the way what are the prices quoted to you for the pioneer/jvc and kenwood touchscreens?

I Haven't been able to find out the price for the Kenwood. Also as its Holi today I'll get the prices either in the evening today or tomorrow.

But I've got prices for the JVC & Pioneer from Driven, East of Kailash, New Delhi.

JVC-826 is being quoted at around 25K grey (Its the same price as you had suggested)

Pioneer-4150 is quoted around 28K grey.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I Haven't been able to find out the price for the Kenwood. Also as its Holi today I'll get the prices either in the evening today or tomorrow.

But I've got prices for the JVC & Pioneer from Driven, East of Kailash, New Delhi.

JVC-826 is being quoted at around 25K grey (Its the same price as you had suggested)

Pioneer-4150 is quoted around 28K grey.
Pioneer 4150 is also available for 25k in grey in mumbai...But the pio lacks integrated bluetooth and detachable face-panel.

Kenwood i guess will be a little pricier as the older kenwood 7039 is available for 26k.....soo i guess the 7034bt would cost you 30k+
Old 1st March 2010, 15:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Pioneer 4150 is also available for 25k in grey in mumbai...But the pio lacks integrated bluetooth and detachable face-panel.

Kenwood i guess will be a little pricier as the older kenwood 7039 is available for 26k.....soo i guess the 7034bt would cost you 30k+

The Kenwood 7034BT has integrated SatNav which makes it very tempting.

The JVC has everything, except SatNav. It seems like a practical option due to the Detachable faceplate.

The Pioneer seems to be out of the race due to lack of bluetooth, Detachable faceplate, Satnav.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The Kenwood 7034BT has integrated SatNav which makes it very tempting.

The JVC has everything, except SatNav. It seems like a practical option due to the Detachable faceplate.

The Pioneer seems to be out of the race due to lack of bluetooth, Detachable faceplate, Satnav.
Well the kenny 8034bt comes with integrated bluetooth but the 7034bt is bluetooth ready as in it needs you to purchase an additional BT module which will cost 5k+ thereby shooting up your target budget of 25k by a long shot hehehe.

Last edited by prince85 : 1st March 2010 at 16:18.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:47   #25
BHPian

prince85 - how are the alpine touch screen head units when compared to pioneer, kenwood and the likes?
UneekSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 22:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneekSoul View Post
prince85 - how are the alpine touch screen head units when compared to pioneer, kenwood and the likes?
Some months back...i had a word with gunbir paaji regarding touch screen HU's and i was told that the alpine dvd hu's are very good. but they cost 50-60k+ which is really steep considering the features of the alpine. For 50k odd, the kenwood 8032bt/8034bt is totally worth it..
Old 1st March 2010, 22:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Well the kenny 8034bt comes with integrated bluetooth but the 7034bt is bluetooth ready as in it needs you to purchase an additional BT module which will cost 5k+ thereby shooting up your target budget of 25k by a long shot hehehe.
So I guess while taking into account practicality & the size of my wallet, the JVC-826 seems to be the one.

Last edited by maglev : 1st March 2010 at 22:23.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:29   #28
BHPian

Dear Dharma

Please follow my link for more information on my aftermarket fitting of headunit and by not losing the steering controls

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...oneer-dvd.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post
I want to get a 2-Din headunit for my SX4 ZXi. The stock headunit(Nippon Audiotronix) is crap just like the stock speakers. I have thrown the 4 stock speakers and went for polk momo components. Already i can see a 100% improvement in sound quality. I want to do justice to the speakers by going for a kenwood or alpine headunit. Bit concerned whether the headunit will fit in snugly in the place of the stock one. Has anyone done it and does it need any modifications to the face panel to cover gaps(if there any). I don't want the new headunit to aesthetically integrate properly with the dash.
tabrez02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
So I guess while taking into account practicality & the size of my wallet, the JVC-826 seems to be the one.
Precisely.........and in any case i guess the JVC satisfies your requirements perfectly.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:34   #30
BHPian

@ Prince85

I went to a few dealers in various locations across New Delhi, thanks to my scattered schedule for the day. This is what I found out:

Pioneer FH-P6050UB: Rs 10,500/- With Bill + 2 Year Warranty but without the touchscreen.
I liked this one due to the clean uncluttered layout, It looked really good to me.

JVC AVX-826: Rs 25,000/- Grey OR Rs 28,000/- With Bill + 2 year warranty.

I am planning to start a thread in an attempt to compare these two based on sound quality. whats your opinion??