Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 12th March 2008, 21:10   #46
Team-BHP Support

OT: Gunbir. Please check your inbox. Have sent you a PM. Need some help
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 21:11   #47
BHPian

I think I am going to have to switch to Kenwood once the new 2008 are available. Gunbir, please do keep us up-to-date as and when these models appear in the market!!
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 21:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Hey the model looks cool . How is the random feature working?? Does it go to next random song when you press next in random mode?? And overall how is the HU??

Is the price with/without bill??

EDIT: Three replies were posted by the time I could reply.
Yeah I'm interested in this model too... Too bad the website does provide an option to compare the models

Last edited by praveen_v : 12th March 2008 at 21:15.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 23:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yup, thats the one. I have it in mom's car and its a really nice HU. Lets you do separate HPF for front and rear. That helps when you have different sized speakers, like the front 4" coax ser is HPF at 100Hz and the rear 5.25" coax set is HPF at 80Hz.

Besides, it sounds fabulous.
Not only this but HU even have options of selecting speakers size installed in your car. Like OEM, 6/9, 5.25, 6.5.

Plus it also got option to set volume of various sources, CD, IPOD, Bluetooth etc.

More features i will tell as soon as i discover them. The features are hidden deep deep inside kenwood HU's
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 15:49   #50
BHPian

I am positively sick of Pioneer at this point. Not only is their random feature sucky for going to the next sequential track when you press next track, but it isn't very random even when it works!!!

I have noticed this problem over the past days. I have a 8GB flash drive (which is almost full with 320kbps mp3s). Even when I let it go to the next "random" track automatically (i.e. after playing through a whole track and letting it be), the next track is often from the same artist or even from the same album!!! On top of that, sometimes it repeats the same song after playing 2 or 3 other songs!!

Now I know what some of you might say - random means random, (or that there is no such thing as truly random) and the HU can play that same artist, album or song. It's possible but it's not probable. Mathematically, the next "random" song being of the same artist / album /song is highly improbable in a 8GB drive!! (let's say about 800+ songs). So in an album with 10 songs, the probability of the next random song being from the same album is 10/800, or 1/80, or 0.0125 !!! So yes it can happen. But for it to happen 4 times in two hours (as I experienced today) is astoundingly improbable, and downright annoying.

I think Pioneer engineers must be the worst in the world. They can't get right what the cheapest of cheap trash Chinese mp3 players can.

(Disclaimer: No offence to anyone who is a fan of Pioneer. This is my opinion, and specifically a criticism of Pioneer's assumed interpretation of what "random" means. I do think that the SQ is great and the display is also very good. Overall "randomness" apart, it's a very good HU. Moreover, these particular goofs I talk about may not matter to many others. But for me the failure of the random feature to work as it should is a total deal-breaker. So please, let's not get into a "Pioneer is great VFM vs. Pioneer is utter crap" war.)

Last edited by vebmetal : 14th March 2008 at 15:52.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:12   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yup, thats the one. I have it in mom's car and its a really nice HU. Lets you do separate HPF for front and rear. That helps when you have different sized speakers, like the front 4" coax ser is HPF at 100Hz and the rear 5.25" coax set is HPF at 80Hz.

Besides, it sounds fabulous.
Gunbir given what you have just mentioned, this HU sounds Terrific VFM infact its downright cheap for the features it has

Abhibh Have you bought this HU ?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 16:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Even when I let it go to the next "random" track automatically (i.e. after playing through a whole track and letting it be), the next track is often from the same artist or even from the same album!!! On top of that, sometimes it repeats the same song after playing 2 or 3 other songs!!
Lol, that is well and truly annoying. Thankfully I'm not a "random" fan.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 16:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Abhibh Have you bought this HU ?
No but i have used it in friends cars and at ice shop. But i might end up buying one if i cant get a good HU within 10K.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:48   #54
BHPian

This week I might go to the kenwood dealer(listed in their website) in chennai and will get the quotes for different models and their availability.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 08:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
But i might end up buying one if i cant get a good HU within 10K.
I thought you posted on the other thread that the newer kenwood lineup is now available in your city/will be available soon at competitive pricing?
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 12:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
I thought you posted on the other thread that the newer kenwood lineup is now available in your city/will be available soon at competitive pricing?
Oi! "M" "R" pulling my leg!!!!

Yes new series is available but the HU i want is 6539U and if that HU is not under 10K i will buy 4036U or 5039 which we feel is good at that time.
Old 15th March 2008, 18:38   #57
BHPian

Again!! Yesterday I was playing some music and it repeated a track after playing one track in the middle. (i.e. Song1 - Song2 - Song1). The probability of this would be 799/(800)^2 = 0.00125!! Outrageous.
Old 15th March 2008, 18:45   #58
Team-BHP Support

Veb: I suggest you get rid off the HU. Its a relatively new one and would fetch a good price at TBHP itself. No point in getting your BP high
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 23:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Veb: I suggest you get rid off the HU. Its a relatively new one and would fetch a good price at TBHP itself. No point in getting your BP high
Egg-jaktly! And not to mention an overworked calculator!!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 12:48   #60
BHPian

Lol, point taken. I definitely want to sell, but am considering waiting for April when the new Kenwoods come out, unless I can find something better right now. I'll take that matter to another thread.