Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st March 2008, 19:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good topic. I was having some of these doubts.
Hydra, great explanation!!
Installing rear speakers on MDF tray will give rattling if not installed properly. After my experience in Getz, I have decided never to go for a MDF tray. Using provisons on the door is the way to go.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
lbm how can you have the 'singer in the dash ' in your car when your tweeter is ON AXIS and the midrange facing upwards at the door??????
in your car its only the persion sitting in the driver seats is able to hear both the speakers.what imaging are you talkin about my bro?????
The midrange is facing above but it is pointing on the listeners ear which make them also ON-axis. And I think the same effect which I get on the driver seat is felt on the co-driver seat. I think you need another audition when you have not peete kahade
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

I more thing Phaji what do you mean by Imaging ? As you were confused that why are midbass is not hit in the chest.
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:42   #19
BHPian

yes the midrange is facing towards the listener but the problem is your left tweeter is facing at the co-driver where as your left midrange is facing towards the DRIVER SEAT.now what happens is the person sitting in the co driver seat will listen to your LEFT tweeter and RIGHT midrange.iin this situation how can one feel that the 'singer is in the dash' kind of thing.
yes i need to audition your system when i am not peete kahadee but i am at my best when i am few pegs down!!!!!!
zucchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:51   #20
BHPian

yes phaaji i was worried that the mid bass was not hittin the chest bcoz the dyns were not doin what they are famous for and that is midbass.dyn midbass are not thin,light,transparent but it has certain heavyness,weight in them which do justice to the deep male voices such as chris rea,eric clapton,mark knopfler and bass guitar.now since those monsters have slightly 'burn in' i got to know the true dide of the dyns.
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes the midrange is facing towards the listener but the problem is your left tweeter is facing at the co-driver where as your left midrange is facing towards the DRIVER SEAT.now what happens is the person sitting in the co driver seat will listen to your LEFT tweeter and RIGHT midrange.iin this situation how can one feel that the 'singer is in the dash' kind of thing.
yes i need to audition your system when i am not peete kahadee but i am at my best when i am few pegs down!!!!!!
Hmm...Kya baat ho gaye phape..aree both the tweeter and the midrange are pointing in the same direction the listener ear The left side is facing the driver and the right side facing the co-driver ears. Kya ho gaya hai aap ko. Chalo will be coming down to your place in few day for a detailed imaging session. But you did not tell What is Imaging ? According to you.
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes phaaji i was worried that the mid bass was not hittin the chest bcoz the dyns were not doin what they are famous for and that is midbass.dyn midbass are not thin,light,transparent but it has certain heavyness,weight in them which do justice to the deep male voices such as chris rea,eric clapton,mark knopfler and bass guitar.now since those monsters have slightly 'burn in' i got to know the true dide of the dyns.
Thanks for the explanation Phaji, Aap to gusse ho gaye. But I still have to see a Mid bass which can hit in my chest, some times which a good sub fail to do. I think you are over expecting your Dyna`s.
Old 2nd March 2008, 14:17   #23
BHPian

aray lbm bhai aapse gussa hokar marna he kya????i have absolutly no knowledge about sound but according to me imaging is the exact location of various instrumemts playing in the tracks and soungstage is the accuracy of the placement of the imaging.
just my 2 cents.rest the gurus will clarify
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like we'll have to rename this thread "Micky v/s Lucky, and all that!"?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:42   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes the midrange is facing towards the listener but the problem is your left tweeter is facing at the co-driver where as your left midrange is facing towards the DRIVER SEAT.
The dispersion of a midrance and a tweeter is very different. most mids have are pretty good off axis till 3K or so at which point they are corssoed over to tweeters. tweeters on the hand are pretty poor of axis after 10K or so.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The dispersion of a midrance and a tweeter is very different. most mids have are pretty good off axis till 3K or so at which point they are corssoed over to tweeters. tweeters on the hand are pretty poor of axis after 10K or so.
Hmm Also the human hearing is more sensitive in the 1k range part.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

I'm having a doubt....

In cars without a Sub, is it better to install speakers on MDF tray rather than on the rear doors for better bass ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 14:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm having a doubt....

In cars without a Sub, is it better to install speakers on MDF tray rather than on the rear doors for better bass ?
without a doubt, and 6x9's can be mounted only on the tray!
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 15:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
6x9's can be mounted only on the tray!
Another way of mounting them would be custom built MDF boxes
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 15:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

but then you lose space. There are some other options like mounting on Fibreglass boxes in strange places
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote