Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 17:46   #1
BHPian
 
swapnil.rahate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 7 Times
Default New Pioneer Tsw305 Car Woofer 500 Watts for 2998 - Is the deal good?

New Pioneer Tsw305 Car Woofer 500 Watts
Brand :Pioneer
Retail Price: Rs. 3790
Now: Rs.2998
Rs.999 for 3 months

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2008 at 17:50. Reason: Plese do not copy paste directly from site, also remove Color tags
swapnil.rahate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 17:56   #2
BHPian
 
jaibir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
New Pioneer Tsw305 Car Woofer 500 Watts
Brand :Pioneer
Retail Price: Rs. 3790
Now: Rs.2998
Rs.999 for 3 months
Its with a one month warranty. Probably a grey market piece.
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:00   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 344
Thanked: 56 Times
Default what is 500W?

the webpage mentions RMS power as 300W and PMPO as 600W. So what is the 500W in title of the product?
Cant imagine what power you would actually end up with.
alto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:03   #4
BHPian
 
vebmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 789
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

The fact that it's being sold online means that it cannot be grey!! It may however, not be a great sub - that's a different issue. But yes, even I would be interested in feedback.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:12   #5
BHPian
 
jaibir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
The fact that it's being sold online means that it cannot be grey!! It may however, not be a great sub - that's a different issue. But yes, even I would be interested in feedback.
I'm not sure about Rediff, but you definitely get grey market stuff on Ebay. I've bought a grey market phone from there once myself. Also seen listings of i-phones, which cant be legit, as well as grey market cameras and ipods.
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:14   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,406
Thanked: 1,539 Times
Default

rediff also has grey market stuffs. it even has duplicates and china made items same like e-bay
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:19   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 344
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
I'm not sure about Rediff, but you definitely get grey market stuff on Ebay. I've bought a grey market phone from there once myself. Also seen listings of i-phones, which cant be legit, as well as grey market cameras and ipods.
I guess you can get grey market stuff on rediff and even indiatimes. I was looking out for a video camera a year before and I had gone through ebay/rediff/indiatimes and local grey market shops and the prices were similar.
Its not rediff/indiatimes whos selling; there are sellers here too as there are in ebay.

Last edited by alto99 : 5th March 2008 at 18:23.
alto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 23:15   #8
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Dont find many good car audio products in any of these e-stores. Well, JBL sells a "few" of its products at a Rediff store.
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 23:56   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

The price is of grey market. And this model is long discontinued. I would suggest to get JBL instead or if budget permits GZ.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 01:12   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

i would suggest you to stay away from this deal as i myself had bough this sub in 2001 when it was new in the market and that time i had got it for rs.2650/- grey from Milan subway.

As LBM said try getting a JBL it will be much much better

EDIT:JBL Car Speakers + Subwoofer - GT412 -12INCH gifts in india at rediff shopping
Hardly Rs.500 difference
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 02:38   #11
BHPian
 
vebmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 789
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Its not rediff/indiatimes whos selling; there are sellers here too as there are in ebay.
Ahh.. I did not know that! Then it's definitely grey market.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 12:14   #12
BHPian
 
swapnil.rahate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
i would suggest you to stay away from this deal as i myself had bough this sub in 2001 when it was new in the market and that time i had got it for rs.2650/- grey from Milan subway.

As LBM said try getting a JBL it will be much much better

EDIT:JBL Car Speakers + Subwoofer - GT412 -12INCH gifts in india at rediff shopping
Hardly Rs.500 difference
Is this JBL sub woofer the latest one???
swapnil.rahate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World's biggest subwoofer - 34" 10,000 watts! In an Indian Fiat Punto danny2599 In-Car Entertainment 30 3rd November 2012 23:38
Adding A Sub woofer on the Pioneer DEH-P5950 without amp? vikram31 In-Car Entertainment 17 9th September 2010 18:31
Good deal or Bad deal?? dr chill Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 0 27th April 2006 20:45
Velocity 1200 Watts SUBWOOFER With Enclosure For sale. speedzak Shifting gears 5 18th April 2006 16:46
Got 15"alloys and tyres,good deal or bad deal? .anshuman Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 4th April 2006 12:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks