Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 13th March 2008, 23:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

try 10" base tubes from blaupunkt or jbl they will work like a charm with the power from a sony amp, one of my friend uses pio 4 channel amp for front co axials and basetube and powers the rear from the Hu, sounds really good. Just try to audition this first before you make the killing should impress you IMO.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
try 10" base tubes from blaupunkt or jbl they will work like a charm with the power from a sony amp, one of my friend uses pio 4 channel amp for front co axials and basetube and powers the rear from the Hu, sounds really good. Just try to audition this first before you make the killing should impress you IMO.
tried all subs and bass tubes on sony. believe me sony amp sucks. sony sells very high end amps outside india. in india they give 130 RMS for sub. check their global websites.

bass tube is very harsh on ears IMO. i feel the beats very bright.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:21   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i already have a JBL bass reflex ported box kind of designed box.
i have heard that sony subs give a soft sound than JBL subs which give a hard punch. does this hold true?
Quote:
sir i am having a myth that sony subs give a soft punch while others givea hard punch. is this true?
No ways. When compared to Sony, I think JBL subs are much better. At least the old GT4-12 is much better in all respects. What you are looking for is bass. You currently have boom and that too a lot of it.

Quote:
i will retain the Dynamo amp as it runs the rear JBL speakers very fine.
If possible, give away the Dynamo amp as well. You haven't really had a demo of the 937's running off a nicer amp. Try hearing them in Shrivz's car running off an Audison amp. They would surely sound much nicer. As a matter of fact you do not require to turn up Loudness, EQ, etc on the HU when you have a good amp. Right now you cannot live without any of these. Your speakers go quiet.

Quote:
i will power a sun with my 2 channel sony. but now i cannot do any R&D. i just need a perfect sun in the BASS REFLEX Enclosure.
Quote:
navin sir does it imply that since i have a JBL bass reflex box it makes more sense to go for JBL gt5/1204 ?
Quote:
no sir, its not an original JBL box. its a copy with exact dimensions and MDF material with same porting and baffles from inside with the tunnel.
Amit that box is nowhere close to what the original JBL box is. It is a cheap attempted rip off. I'd say you just post it as a normal enclosure with a rectangular port or Sam is going to be pissed off on you .

Quote:
sir one frank opinion from you please. shall i go for sony 1000 watts or sony 1300 watts as i just have a 2 channel amp that too made of sony ?
does it make sense?
sir how about GT5-12 ??
shall i got for it?? the rated min power is 275watts
sony amp gives 130 watts over 4 ohms
will it be a nice deal
Amit, I'd say do not look at watts and all. Just buy what sounds nice to you. It all ends there, you wouldn't need much more advice. Listen to your "Are you ready" number on any of the subs listed for an extended time and buy whatever plays nicer.

Quote:
hi nice sub. whats the price for the same? will it be powered comfortably by my sony 2 channel? or does it require a mono amp or more power? do i need to put a power capacitor?
You do not need a capacitor though better wires are called for.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

@ moralfibre,
hi dude! you have posted too late. i would have been eager to see these answers earlier. now i have changed everything. now i run on JBL 75.4 and JBL 1000 watts. waiting for GZ.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tried all subs and bass tubes on sony. believe me sony amp sucks. sony sells very high end amps outside india. in india they give 130 RMS for sub. check their global websites.

bass tube is very harsh on ears IMO. i feel the beats very bright.

well in that case get a mono amp and a sub combo when you have the vitamin M, obviously you cannot get a tight base precise sounding beats with less sound and more clarity with a sony amp for sure, i suggested the base tube because it needs less power than a sealed box or a ported one, and will make one good combo for the sony amp you asked.

EDIT:okay you already got a jbl combo, missed that, congrats!

Last edited by rider60 : 13th March 2008 at 23:37.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well in that case get a mono amp and a sub combo when you have the vitamin M, obviously you cannot get a tight base precise sounding beats with less sound and more clarity with a sony amp for sure, i suggested the base tube because it needs less power than a sealed box or a ported one, and will make one good combo for the sony amp you asked.

EDIT:okay you already got a jbl combo, missed that, congrats!
thanks dude. i tired 500 watts tube. that was sounding good but the 1000 watts was not running to full capacity on sony amp.
Closed Thread