Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 13:28   #121
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Talking Cost !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachinez View Post
What is cost of the whole system?
I am not so sure;

I never paid for it.
My office settles the bills.

The Billing is done from Hermit Audio - Distributor for Illusion & Ground Zero + Steg. I guess B & T or LBM would know the current prices.

All said, I guess it was in the 200/- K region - if I am not mistaken.

But, I am not 'fully satisfied' with this install. There are certain issues with it still......
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 13:36   #122
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I am not so sure;

I guess B & T or LBM would know the current prices.
This is interesting. Is LBM commercially involved with any of the brands you've mentioned?
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 13:41   #123
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Cool I do not know !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
This is interesting. Is LBM commercially involved with any of the brands you've mentioned?
Sir,

I know I am not commercially involved.

B & T sells the brands that are mentioned.

I suggested LBM because he too is a person that has purchased a lot of gear from B & T. Therefore I was under the impression that he may know.

I have no idea about LBM's interest in ICE - Commercially i.e.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 13:51   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
This is interesting. Is LBM commercially involved with any of the brands you've mentioned?
He isn't. But he is interested in it, if it is feasible. He is studying those possiblities/ brands - the whole formula.

A lot of other members are too. Most of us would not be aware. They feel that they have skills above the average retailer and some are right in thinking so.

For that reason, LBM perhaps has the prices of most brands on the tip of his tongue. Maybe that was what the reference was to. If not, Bhagwan could kindly clarify.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 14:01   #125
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Could not have said it better !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
He isn't.

For that reason, LBM perhaps has the prices of most brands on the tip of his tongue. Maybe that was what the reference was to.

If not, Bhagwan could kindly clarify.
Precisely;

That is why I suggested his name here.

However, since B & T is a part of this discussion, he can pen the prices for your kind information.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 14:21   #126
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
But, I am not 'fully satisfied' with this install. There are certain issues with it still......
Will you ever be? ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
This is interesting. Is LBM commercially involved with any of the brands you've mentioned?
LBM has categorically stated that at present he is NOT commercailly invoveld in audio (Hermit Audio brands or otherwise).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 14:29   #127
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

LBM has categorically stated that at present he is NOT commercailly invoveld in audio (Hermit Audio brands or otherwise).
I asked because I have NEVER seen any person, other than the known dealer / distributor etc. being referred to for product pricing. Ajay is known to everyone as being the ONLY person commercially associated with Illusion, Steg... so when LBM's name was included, I was simply curious. After all, A lot can happen in a day!

I don't see why this has to be treated like some sort of accusation or allegation for everyone to put up such strong defences. It was just a simple question, that's all!

@ BHAGWAN - What exactly aren't you happy with, if I may ask, regarding your setup. On paper, it sounds brilliant.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 14:57   #128
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Default listen & you will know !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
@ BHAGWAN - What exactly aren't you happy with, if I may ask, regarding your setup. On paper, it sounds brilliant.
You are correct - on paper it 'sounds brilliant' !!
However, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

My earlier install in a 1.9 TDi sounded better;
I am still racking my brain on why this is not good.

Actually, I need a new HU.
The 9855 has some problem - I think.
The Eclipse 7200 is not in stock.
I want that or the 9887 - Alpine.

I just hope that 'sorts' the issue out.
I do not want to open and re-install the car. It is too long & the temprature is killing right now.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:05   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I don't see why this has to be treated like some sort of accusation or allegation for everyone to put up such strong defences. It was just a simple question, that's all!
Whose reply appears to be a strong defence?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:28   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,223
Thanked: 1,174 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
You are correct - on paper it 'sounds brilliant' !!
However, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

My earlier install in a 1.9 TDi sounded better;
I am still racking my brain on why this is not good.

Actually, I need a new HU.
The 9855 has some problem - I think.
The Eclipse 7200 is not in stock.
I want that or the 9887 - Alpine.

I just hope that 'sorts' the issue out.
I do not want to open and re-install the car. It is too long & the temprature is killing right now.
Bhagwan have you looked at this head unit?

Kenwood Corporation | Products | Car Entertainment | K-series | K-CD01

or the very well known HX-D2?

Clarion Malaysia | HX-D2

Last edited by reignofchaos : 9th May 2008 at 15:30.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:34   #131
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Red face Clarion - Yes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Bhagwan have you looked at this head unit?

Kenwood Corporation | Products | Car Entertainment | K-series | K-CD01

or the very well known HX-D2?

Clarion Malaysia | HX-D2
The Clarion I am aware of.

However, the Kenwood I have not checked out.
Does it have Time Alignment ?
X-Over settings for front + rear + subs ?

Thanks - none the less.

I want to buy either the 7200 [Eclipse] or the 9887 [Alpine]

BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:38   #132
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: mumbai-delhi-ahmedabad
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have also spent about 2 lakhs on the music system but it is still not sounding how I wanted it. That is why I am asking. I want to check my system if possible and make any changes if they are required. Where can i get it checked?
meanmachinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:45   #133
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I don't see why this has to be treated like some sort of accusation or allegation for everyone to put up such strong defences. It was just a simple question, that's all!
I did not think iyou leveled an accusation. I was just answering your query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachinez View Post
I have also spent about 2 lakhs on the music system but it is still not sounding how I wanted it. That is why I am asking. I want to check my system if possible and make any changes if they are required. Where can i get it checked?
The best tool you need for "checking" your system is are your ears and what's between them. Only you know what you want your system to sound like.

However if you have a specific technical difficulty the gurus here will be happy to help.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 16:23   #134
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Lightbulb What do you use ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachinez View Post
I have also spent about 2 lakhs on the music system but it is still not sounding how I wanted it.

Where can i get it checked?
Sir,

What have you used ?
Where did you install it ?
Is your car in Mumbai ? If so, I would like to take a look - if that is OK with you.

If you car is in ND - then Gunbir / Jasdeep could help.

I do not know who is there in Ahmedabad....... sorry !
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 22:21   #135
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
The Clarion I am aware of.

However, the Kenwood I have not checked out.
Does it have Time Alignment ?
X-Over settings for front + rear + subs ?

Thanks - none the less.

I want to buy either the 7200 [Eclipse] or the 9887 [Alpine]

Hi Bhagwan,

No, the Kenwood Head Unit doesn't have Time Alignmen or Xo. It has Front+Rear+Sub out. There are no crossovers and the sub out only has a level control. And it can only play Audio Cds. No Mp3 etc.

The Kenwood is a very nice sounding HU. our member sk456 has it in his car. You could ask him about the performance of the HU.

cheers
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon]. BHAGWAN In-Car Entertainment 171 20th May 2009 17:08
Skoda Superb ICE: Steg/ Illusion Audio/ Alpine Bass&Trouble In-Car Entertainment 56 13th August 2008 15:19
Illusions and Ground Zero Available in Pune amit_mechengg In-Car Entertainment 32 23rd April 2008 16:30
Wagon R Ground Zero Install moralfibre In-Car Entertainment 49 21st February 2008 19:48
Optima Battery Installation for Skoda RS in Calcutta blueraven316 Modifications & Accessories 10 12th February 2007 17:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks