Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th April 2008, 09:14   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Blau over Sony? Any day!

I think a mic should be there in the box. You could check with Blau directly (the India website has a list of dealers in India) whether there is mic included or needs to be purchased separately. Otherwise, in the TBHP Marketplace, there is a Hamburg on sale in Delhi, I think - you could check with the seller.
Well the update is that I have decided to buy the Hamburg HU after all!

This decision formed more out a lack of options than my inclination towards Blaupunkt. But I hope the Hamburg one is worth every rupee.

The dealer suggested a pair of Kenwood KSC M-1628A 3 way speakers to go with it (I can only afford a pair now). But can you please suggest if these would do justice to the Hamburg - please keep in mind that I listen to music at low and moderate volumes?
shubhox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 17:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post
... But I hope the Hamburg one is worth every rupee.
... (I can only afford a pair now). ...
Should be worth the price you pay.

I haven't had the opportunity of listening to those Alpines, but would expect them to be not comparable to having components. Since you are buying a good HU, one would recommend that you have at least components in front. The rears can either come later, or be lower cost coax.

Why don't you look at Blau / JBL / Hertz speakers instead? Their budget speakers are better than the run of the mill Alpine or Pioneer.

What is your budget, btw?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 20:35   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Should be worth the price you pay.

I haven't had the opportunity of listening to those Alpines, but would expect them to be not comparable to having components. Since you are buying a good HU, one would recommend that you have at least components in front. The rears can either come later, or be lower cost coax.

Why don't you look at Blau / JBL / Hertz speakers instead? Their budget speakers are better than the run of the mill Alpine or Pioneer.

What is your budget, btw?
The budget is not much - so have installed the Kenwood speakers. They dont sound much - but thats all i can afford right now.

Maybe later, I will transfer them to the rear door, and install some good ones in the front door. Speaking of which, how are the Blaupunkt IN-Car series speakers?

However, my objective has been fulfilled - the hands-free option works superbly - the caller's sound comes clear and loud through the speakers, and the caller can hear me well too

Just 1 thing frustates me about the HU - while scanning for FM channels, it skips my fav ones. When i try to manually set a channel, it moves forward by .20 MH (for example, if I want the 95 MH channel, the HU comes to 94.90 and then goes to 95.10, therby skipping 95 MH ) - any help in that section?
Old 16th April 2008, 14:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post

Just 1 thing frustates me about the HU - while scanning for FM channels, it skips my fav ones. When i try to manually set a channel, it moves forward by .20 MH (for example, if I want the 95 MH channel, the HU comes to 94.90 and then goes to 95.10, therby skipping 95 MH ) - any help in that section?
I think that FM tuner is set to North American region. If you go through the manual, there will be a description of how to change the tuner region - select the European tuning. This can be done with the help of the combination of headunit button presses as given in the manual.

- skb.
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 09:53   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I think that FM tuner is set to North American region. If you go through the manual, there will be a description of how to change the tuner region - select the European tuning. This can be done with the help of the combination of headunit button presses as given in the manual.

- skb.
Thanks, I will try it out - hope it works.

Any feedback on the Blaupunkt IC122 speakers - compared to the Kenwood ones?