Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2009, 09:21   #106
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 528
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

No Bass or may be I was expecting too much from the 6.5" speakers but clarity was there but the Rainbows I heard were in a different league altogether. And so was the cost!

I am on a budget install (by some people's standard here), so will try to find the best deal I can find within my budget.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 11th January 2009 at 09:24. Reason: Spellcheck
car_crazy1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 09:47   #107
BHPian
 
MontyKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
No Bass or may be I was expecting too much from the 6.5" speakers but clarity was there but the Rainbows I heard were in a different league altogether. And so was the cost!

I am on a budget install (by some people's standard here), so will try to find the best deal I can find within my budget.
What is your budget? What kind of music do you listen to?

Cheers
MK
MontyKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 11:23   #108
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 528
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

I have a JBL woofer in a box from my old car, which I plan to use, besides that the budget is about 30K (all inclusive including wiring & installation costs)

The music I listen to?: Hmmm... it varies from old hindi songs to Jumaa-cchumma numbers to Trance, Not into Hip hop.

Thinking of getting the Kenwood 6539U or the Pioneer 6050 (w/o bill).

Also, in the kenwood headunit, is thee any way to turn off the variable key illumination?

Getting a Kenwood amp KAC-845 @ bout 7K (no bill.)

Still not decided on the front components. Going for an install today only as then I don't have time. Lets see what I get .



Also I do need some rear fill speakers, should I go in for rear co-axials (6.5'') in the rear doors or 6x9 on the rear tray?

I need the rear fills as I do need to use the boot some times & may need to remove the sub.

Quick Suggestions would be much appreciated.cheers:

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 11th January 2009 at 11:25.
car_crazy1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 11:49   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Getting a Kenwood amp KAC-845 @ bout 7K (no bill.)
I think the KAC - 845 is for 7k with bill.

Go for the following setup as you are on a 30k budget.

Pio 6050 ( should be around 6-7k without bill)
KAC 845 7k ( Though wont do good justice to the sub in comparison to blaupunkt and JBL)

JBL 608c - 4k
JBL 938 - 4k

Retain old sub
4k ( Damping, wiring , installation etc)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 17:06   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 477
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I auditioned the Bull Audio speakers in a couple of cars , here at Driven today & found them too flat for my liking. Maybe they didn't do what I was expecting out of them, but I also auditioned a JBL GTO 608c (IIRC) & found them to be better than the Bulls but the GTO's were too bright for my liking though where as the Bulls were quiet clear at legible volume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
What all speakers are you comparing them to interms of pricing with B/W?
Hi car_crazy - Yes..the bulls were clear and nice, but not sharp enuff or a bit dull maybe.

Hi noida boy - well not comparing them to anyone as such...but for the money (My gf got a pair of bull comps for abt 5.1k) i found them nothiing "special". They were neither exceptionally versatile nor very specialised.

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 20:58   #111
BHPian
 
MontyKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Hi car_crazy -
Hi noida boy - well not comparing them to anyone as such...but for the money (My gf got a pair of bull comps for abt 5.1k) i found them nothiing "special". They were neither exceptionally versatile nor very specialised.

Elito
Do you mean they are overpriced?

Cheers
MK
MontyKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 21:07   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,316 Times
Default

if that really is the price they sell for, its reasonable. different people have different tastes. If you like your music loud and in your face, then these might not be the best speakers to have. If you like it neutral or laid back, these are okay.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 00:08   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 477
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
if that really is the price they sell for, its reasonable. different people have different tastes. If you like your music loud and in your face, then these might not be the best speakers to have. If you like it neutral or laid back, these are okay.

To each his own. I found them way overpriced for what they offer and would prefer my hertz to these anyday.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 12th January 2009 at 00:09.
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 01:16   #114
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
To each his own. I found them way overpriced for what they offer and would prefer my hertz to these anyday.

Elito
Exactly the point.A lot of people dont like hertz,including me because they are too bright.Bull audio is preferred by those who prefer a neutral balance.
So its all about a persons listening tastes.
Some like bull,some like hertz and then some like JBL's.
Have heard setups where the person got his hertz energy components replaced by bull components,and there was a marked improvement in sound quality in terms of clarity and midbass.
To sum it up,everyone has different tastes,so audition before buying.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 02:00   #115
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
To each his own. I found them way overpriced for what they offer and would prefer my hertz to these anyday.

Elito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Hi car_crazy - Yes..the bulls were clear and nice, but not sharp enuff or a bit dull maybe.

Hi noida boy - well not comparing them to anyone as such...but for the money (My gf got a pair of bull comps for abt 5.1k) i found them nothiing "special". They were neither exceptionally versatile nor very specialised.

Elito
Dude!! They are the probably the cheapest pair of 6.5" compos with B/W what do expect them to do?? What kind of versatility and specialization were you wanting? The treble can be adjusted it has 2 modes of settings,The speakers performance cannot be judged on one single parameter as its dependent on other factors.

Yes they are not as bright as hertz.They are laid back for sure,they are certainly not for ts-20 fans.They play nice and clean,thats what you can expect from an entry level speaker.

Anyways every one has their own choice and taste's.
cheers:
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 02:21   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Have heard setups where the person got his hertz energy components replaced by bull components,and there was a marked improvement in sound quality in terms of clarity and midbass.


May i know who this person is ? So i can get my hands of his/her High Energy (if he/she is selling)

Last edited by abhibh : 12th January 2009 at 02:22.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 05:44   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Dude!! They are the probably the cheapest pair of 6.5" compos with B/W what do expect them to do??
There are quite a few out there at 5.5k...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 10:48   #118
BHPian
 
MontyKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
There are quite a few out there at 5.5k...
LBM bhai, what are those choices?

Cheers
MK
MontyKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 11:00   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,316 Times
Default

the JBL GT5 comps @ 5k for starters, but their sound signature is a bit different

I know they sound laid back, the the thing was , unlike the hertz, there was no warmth to them. they just sounded dry. The good news however is that because its a poly cone , you dont have to worry about water. I'm scared to death about getting my paper cones wet.

@ abhibh, I'm next in line !

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th January 2009 at 11:04.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:38   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyKING View Post
LBM bhai, what are those choices?

Cheers
MK
Sorry bro I cannot promote the products I sell.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Red Bull Racing Cans: Chance to visit the Red Bull Racing HQ in Milton Keynes varun_patra Indian Motorsport 0 22nd July 2011 15:51
Wife's Corolla gets BULL Audio - Install & Opinions autopsyche In-Car Entertainment 45 6th March 2009 10:34
review - bull audio cs650.75 6.5" component speakers amangujral06 In-Car Entertainment 98 15th July 2008 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks