Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:41   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Awesoms pics @ The One Hertz Fiat500 with 18inch x 3 Subs
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:50   #32
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hertz Fiat500 with 18inch x 3 Subs
No ramie, they are 15" subs. Hertz Mille ML 3800. Hertz does not manufacture 18" subs.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:01   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
No ramie, they are 15" subs. Hertz Mille ML 3800. Hertz does not manufacture 18" subs.
Ohh it looks soo huge i thought it might be 18's is it an SPL how much WRMS are they?
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:15   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default

Excellent Pics TheOne.

Although I dont understand the ICE setup's here (stock ICE in my car ) i am loving every pic for the mod's (superb looking paintjob's and alloy wheels) and the chicks.

Nevertheless, i wonder how practical the ICE setup's are... meaning doesnt one (not TheOne) go deaf with monsterous sub's and countless speakers? I mean is this only an exhibition affair or do some people actually trick their rides like this for daily use? Sorry for a dumb Q.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:21   #35
BHPian
 
TheOne®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Guys please ya, don't encourage her. She thinks that if you shake the battery, it gets some power back. How embarrassing.
I've heard that if you warm up the pencil cell in your hands, you can take a picture or 2. But shaking? I'm shaking my head.

P.S. Jenny where are the other JBL girlie pictures? lol
I totally missed your post first.
You are unbelievable Mr. Kapasi - it WORKED! As you can see. I actually sometimes only shook my little camera because I was too lazy to get the batteries out all the time. It would last for one or two pictures and then I had to repeat. And I have a witness for that.

Other JBL girlie pictures? I don't know what you are talking about
TheOne® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:29   #36
BHPian
 
TheOne®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nevertheless, i wonder how practical the ICE setup's are... meaning doesnt one (not TheOne) go deaf with monsterous sub's and countless speakers? I mean is this only an exhibition affair or do some people actually trick their rides like this for daily use? Sorry for a dumb Q.
I was wondering about the same and had a talk with some colleagues from car audio brand management. There are actually people who drive around like that, believe it or not. I could only shake my head when I heard that and then quickly nodded in excitement as one of those crazy guys (belonging to the JBL club) stood right next to me when I was told and of course I had no clue who he was hahaha.
TheOne® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:30   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Ahhhhhh! Some truly droolworthy pics after a long time. Manna from heaven!

Danke, TheOne(R)!

Do keep posting more pics of the four-wheeled and of the (long) two-legged type!
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:49   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Awsome pictures and inspiring ideas on sound and body mods.

Just a doubt TheOne®; I understand this is a marketing & promotional event of different brands under one roof. When a potential customer takes a visit at all stalls, will he ever be able to decide on a product, when the whole area is like a mixture of different sounds and noise ? I am sure this place will be a mad-sounding area with all brands trying to overpower each other. So, apart from the display of new products, will there be any real sales happening ? Please ignore this question if its a dumb one. I have never attended an audio exhibition till today.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Other JBL girlie pictures? I don't know what you are talking about
Oh really? lol
OK, I have some that you showed me.

Car + Sound Sinsheim, Germany-cimglr0392_thumb.jpg

Car + Sound Sinsheim, Germany-lr_thumb.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So, apart from the display of new products, will there be any real sales happening ? Please ignore this question if its a dumb one. I have never attended an audio exhibition till today.
No baba, it's not about sales. It's more about branding and showing off great cars and installs and chicks. That's what the Sinsheim show has always been about.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd April 2008 at 19:57.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:13   #40
BHPian
 
TheOne®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Oh really? lol
OK, I have some that you showed me.
HEY - those were not supposed to come yet! Unfair, really unfair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Just a doubt TheOne®; I understand this is a marketing & promotional event of different brands under one roof. When a potential customer takes a visit at all stalls, will he ever be able to decide on a product, when the whole area is like a mixture of different sounds and noise ? I am sure this place will be a mad-sounding area with all brands trying to overpower each other. So, apart from the display of new products, will there be any real sales happening ? Please ignore this question if its a dumb one. I have never attended an audio exhibition till today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No baba, it's not about sales. It's more about branding and showing off great cars and installs and chicks. That's what the Sinsheim show has always been about.
It is not a stupid question - every exhibition is different and serves different purposes - and Sam's answer is true to a certain extent but not the final truth in the case of the Car + Sound. I will explain:

The Car + Sound is a 4-day-show and only the last two days are open for public as well. While it is about promotion and branding etc. to the end consumer (but the end consumer cannot buy the products at the show) it is also and mainly a trade fair. That means, manufacturers show off their new innovations to their customers, dealers and distributors and do business with them deciding on sales and product ranges for the next upcoming months (that is what happens behind the scenes at every booth lol - there are actually little so-called "dealer-centers" for that purpose).
TheOne® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:39   #41
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Hot Cars, Hotter Instals and Hottest Chicks....Man I envy you


I wonder when we will get to see pure music exhibitions in India?
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:35   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nevertheless, i wonder how practical the ICE setup's are... meaning doesnt one (not TheOne) go deaf with monsterous sub's and countless speakers? I mean is this only an exhibition affair or do some people actually trick their rides like this for daily use? Sorry for a dumb Q.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
I was wondering about the same and had a talk with some colleagues from car audio brand management. There are actually people who drive around like that, believe it or not. I could only shake my head when I heard that and then quickly nodded in excitement as one of those crazy guys (belonging to the JBL club) stood right next to me when I was told and of course I had no clue who he was hahaha.
Of course people drive around in cars with setups like these. What a stupid question! Adi, don't you remember those 4 mad buggers who drove down from Delhi to Mumbai & then from Mumbai to Bangalore in the JBL Evil Twins??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:47   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Any openings in JBL???

Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:53   #44
BHPian
 
Driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 106
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Sure... if you look like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Any openings in JBL???

Goddy
Attached Thumbnails
Car + Sound Sinsheim, Germany-lr_thumb.jpg  

Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 02:06   #45
BHPian
 
amangujral06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 92
Thanked: Once
Default

never thought sound and show off section is this amazing
amazing pics!

"that is what happens behind the scenes at every booth" - hey jenny , are you hiding something else too?
amangujral06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First car-sharing project of Volkswagen: Hannover, Germany Suess The International Automotive Scene 0 16th May 2011 10:35
Audi's Sound Concept cabin defines auditory excess: 62 speaker surround-sound ! dar3dev|l In-Car Entertainment 10 22nd June 2010 15:23
Upgrade your old car in Germany and get paid for it. EDIT : Now UK & USA too! GTO The International Automotive Scene 54 16th October 2009 22:43
Sound from Engine Bay of Swift VDI (DDIS) - what would be the cause of this sound? DieselFan Technical Stuff 4 25th January 2008 18:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks