Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th April 2008, 23:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Ofcourse yes. IIRC the warrenty is for one year.
All Blaupunkt products come with B&W. There is no grey market for them. Thats why they are priced higher than other brands

Quote:
If I remember correctly, it was 5.6K. I must say it is a good budget sub and satisfies my taste. I never wanted a booming tube kinda sub.
Redfire, which all subs did you compare before finalizing on Blaupunkt?

Which amp are you using to drive the sub?

I am yet to finalize between GZ and JBL CS1204 subs. Now your sub has
excited me and I want to include it in the comparison.

How would you rate the bass on the following parameters:
- Does the bass blend well with front compos? Or does it sound as if the sub is playing independently in the rear?

- Is it tight and fast? Or boomy and slow?

- Is it too over powering? I mean are you able to listen to music with the bass complementing it? Or is it vice versa?

Hope Iwas able to get my point across!
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 10:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Redfire, which all subs did you compare before finalizing on Blaupunkt?
Actually not much. Mainly I compared tubes versus Boxes. I listened JBL bass tubes, some DIY subs and Blaupunk Gz prior to my install, some with my friends and some with dealer. I liked this one. Haven't heard any big ones as I just planned for a budget sub.

Quote:
Which amp are you using to drive the sub?
Currently I am using a Prosound amp which is not a well known brand, which I got in a deal. Though the amp is good, planning to go for a bit more powerful one. Planning to get Blau 275 from JK.

Quote:
How would you rate the bass on the following parameters:
- Does the bass blend well with front compos? Or does it sound as if the sub is playing independently in the rear?
It does blend well! As an audio lover I will never allow a sub to play independent.

Quote:
- Is it tight and fast? Or boomy and slow?
It is tight and fast, which is my taste. I never liked boomy bass and thats why avoided tubes and ported boxes. This one matches my taste.

Quote:
- Is it too over powering? I mean are you able to listen to music with the bass complementing it? Or is it vice versa?
Never felt it overpowering. They blend well and are well balanced

Quote:
Hope Iwas able to get my point across!
Ofc yes. Whenever I hear a system, I used to compare it with my home audio which includes Rotel, Harmon/Kardon, Klipsch, Technics, Yamaha, Monster components. I know it is not good to compare a car audio with a home audio, but having heard many budget installations which concentrates on bass and improper balance, I am happy to say my car is not that bad . I would recommend this as a budget sub to those who like mild, tight well blended bass along with music. Next step is some damping which is essential. Planning DIY as I dont think there's some one here who do it well. Need to know the materials used and would like to see some install pics.

Last edited by redfire : 29th April 2008 at 10:57.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks redfire for the extremely detailed and lucid response.

"I would recommend this as a budget sub to those who like mild, tight well blended bass along with music."

I think I will go to Blaupunkt shop and get a demo. How much did the sub+enclosure cost you?

Actually, I am thinking of a setup with Front components + subwoofer at the rear. So also wanted to know from you the importance or the role of the rear speakers in your sound stage and bass reproduction

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 29th April 2008 at 11:11.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:15   #19
BHPian

Wink

Hey Nishant,

If you have some spare time over the weekend, you could also audition the sub + front comps on my set-up ( which incidently is all - Blau though )

Thought, this might help as well.

Cheers,cheers:
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 11:21   #20
BHPian

The Blau GTb 1200 comes assembled in the enclosure with Blaupunkt label on it. See the pic. I paid 5.6 for it. I recommend rear co-axials as fillers. As the name indicates, they fill the gap and help to blend the Sub and front compos well.
Attached Images

Old 29th April 2008, 11:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hey Nishant,

If you have some spare time over the weekend, you could also audition the sub + front comps on my set-up ( which incidently is all - Blau though )

Cheers,cheers:
Thanks for the proposal SRShrikanth! Much appreciated! I will surely meet you. Is Thursday an off for you? (Should be, I guess). I have your no. Will call you to coordinate.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Blau GTb 1200 comes assembled in the enclosure with Blaupunkt label on it. See the pic. I paid 5.6 for it. I recommend rear co-axials as fillers. As the name indicates, they fill the gap and help to blend the Sub and front compos well.
From the pic, it looks like it is detachable?

IMO, JBL CS1204B also is a similar product?
Old 29th April 2008, 11:45   #23
BHPian

It can be detached, but why? Being a factory sealed one I dont recommend. Yes the JBL CS1204B is also a similar product with almost similar spec. Try auditioning both and decide.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It can be detached, but why? Being a factory sealed one I dont recommend. Yes the JBL CS1204B is also a similar product with almost similar spec. Try auditioning both and decide.
By detached I mean, the entire enclosure can be removed from the boot whenever you need the boot space. Boot space is somewhat important for me as there are frequent trips. Thats why I need to have an enclosure which I can remove/re-position to accommodate luggage in the boot
Old 29th April 2008, 11:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hey Nishant,

Cheers,cheers:
@SRShrikanth - Nice talking to you mate. Forgot to ask one more thing - which amp are you using?
Old 29th April 2008, 11:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Next step is some damping which is essential. Planning DIY as I dont think there's some one here who do it well. Need to know the materials used and would like to see some install pics.
mate you can use Noise kill for dampening..its not very expensive and moreover every easy to install. I DIY for the front doors of my swift.Although being no expert in the auditioning... i could still figure out huge difference between the sound from a dampened door and a undampened door.
nickoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 12:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
By detached I mean, the entire enclosure can be removed from the boot whenever you need the boot space. Boot space is somewhat important for me as there are frequent trips. Thats why I need to have an enclosure which I can remove/re-position to accommodate luggage in the boot
Sorry, I took it in a different sense. Yes can be detached, just 5 seconds job! But you will never want to . Till now I have managed without detaching it.
Old 29th April 2008, 12:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I took it in a different sense. Yes can be detached, just 5 seconds job! But you will never want to . Till now I have managed without detaching it.
Now that I like Detachable sub makes a lot of sense. I can understand why you wouldn't want to do so though! But nonetheless, I still have an option to do so e.g. mom-in-law visits town->remove sub->create space for suitcase->make wife happy
Old 29th April 2008, 12:24   #29
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hey Nishant,

Two amps in play in the set-up...

Blau - Tha 275 - 2 ch - driving front comps

Alpine - F550 - 4 ch - driving Rear co-axial, rear tweeters & GTw1200 sub

Hope this helps buddy....pleasure talkin to you as well.

Cheers

Quote:
@SRShrikanth - Nice talking to you mate. Forgot to ask one more thing - which amp are you using?
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 18:20   #30
BHPian

Default Changes again!

Changed the HU to Pioneer DEH-P4050UB. Now I can connect my N95! The amp used to drive the Blau 12" sub is changed to Blau PA275 (thanks JK for finding time to search this one from your lot). Got a JBL GTO-A402 2ch amp and using it to power my front JBL comps. The setups is sounding fine with new additions of amps. The clarity, depth and detail are increased a lot even at lower output levels. Car has changed to an 'ICE' box . Old devices are moved to didi's M800. The whole setup given below

HU - Pioneer DEH-P4050UB (with USB/Aux in, 3 line out)

Front doors - JBL GTO607C Components with crossover, tweeters mounted at A pillars. 70W RMS at 2 Ohms.

Amp for comps - JBL GT5-A402 2 ch amp, 40W RMS at 4 Ohms, 60W RMS at 2 Ohms.

Rear doors - JBL GT5-652 co-axials, 45W RMS at 4 Ohms, driven by HU

Sub - Blaupunkt GTb1200 12" sub in sealed box. 250W RMS at 4 Ohms

Amp for sub - Blaupunkt PA275 2 ch amp, 75W RMS x 2, 200W RMS x 1 at 4 Ohms.
Attached Images