Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 2nd June 2008, 17:12   #76
BANNED

Exclamation Lots a questions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Blau 4050 is only a bacha.
Yay!!! You understood that. And you had the guttts to reveal it here. Wait for bricks and bats now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
Coming to the original topic of the thread, I am yet to see a good ice installer in TVM. It is been a yr of me in TVM yet to see somebody do a quality work, forget ICE getting bubble free film installation in TVM is next to impossible. IF anybody has seen a bubble free film installtion tell me.
Soon, TVM will have one if the little birdy's chirpings are true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
planning to go to Emperor.
my doubts are:
1. will the system installation(is with me now) and buying sub,amp & speakers and fixing them will be completed in 1 day @ emperor?? cos i have got only 1 day for fixing all this & coming back to tvm!
2. what combination of amp,sub & speakers would go with JVC
3. how much does it cost in emperor,fixing all these!!
waiting for ur replies
  1. Yes, it can be done in one day if you don't waste time deciding on what to buy and what not. Also, you have to speak to Emperor and find out if they are fully booked with lots of cars on that certain day.
  2. It's not the brand which counts but the features of the HU. Could you please inform us which model you have??? If your HU has 3 pre-outs, then a 2 amps setup would be optimal. If your budget doesn't allow that, then you can settle for a single amp setup. Could you please reveal your budget limit??
  3. Depends on what all you are getting and where you are buying from. If you buy stuff from Emperor, then they may do the install for a very less price or even free.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Soon, TVM will have one if the little birdy's chirpings are true!
That IS good news! In that case I'll be getting a sub earlier than i expected
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:47   #78
BHPian

thanks for ur reply!!
what is the website for emperor? do we have to book before coming there??
i am having jvc avx810, not going for very high end speakers like Hertz and all.. just want a simple but neat set of amp, sub and speakers so that i can enjoy every moment i ride my car!!
@speedzak: i have been in Ahmed's car!! it was so amazing!! was wonderstuck when i listened to the music in it!!he is my best friends friend!! my budget is not much like that!!
joe angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

joe, you needn't have to put in expensive hertz stuff. the dieci's are quite affordable - see this whole thread. I was able to put together a not so bad sounding setup with hertz all around
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:54   #80
BANNED

Quote:
thanks for ur reply!!
what is the website for emperor? do we have to book before coming there??
i am having jvc avx810, not going for very high end speakers like Hertz and all.. just want a simple but neat set of amp, sub and speakers so that i can enjoy every moment i ride my car!!
There's no website as far as I know. You don't have to book but as you are coming from so far, don't want you to be disappointed if they have handfull of cars alredy there.

I believe AVX810 is this dual din HU I found on the net.
Name:  KWAVX810_Detachable_1_JPEG14 Small.jpg
Views: 4051
Size:  26.2 KB
It's got almost every good features it seems.

To be very frank, it deserves a good amplifier + speakers setup. Atleast Hertz Dieci range of components for the front and coaxials for the rear. If it coud be powered with a separate amp, then better.
Otherwise, you can look for Illusion audio components which is very VFM. contact B&T (Bass&Trouble) in our forum to know more about those.

You'll have to reveal your budget to chalk out a good setup in your range. 5k?? 10k?? 15k?? 50k?? 1L??? 2L??
Quote:
@speedzak: i have been in Ahmed's car!! it was so amazing!! was wonderstuck when i listened to the music in it!!he is my best friends friend!! my budget is not much like that!!
Nice to know that you liked that sound system. It is a combination of Alpine HU and amps, Hertz speakers and Image Dynamics subwoofer.
Again, the question is how much can you go for????
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:46   #81
BHPian

Quote:
To be very frank, it deserves a good amplifier + speakers setup. Atleast Hertz Dieci range of components for the front and coaxials for the rear. If it coud be powered with a separate amp, then better.
Otherwise, you can look for Illusion audio components which is very VFM. contact B&T (Bass&Trouble) in our forum to know more about those.

You'll have to reveal your budget to chalk out a good setup in your range. 5k?? 10k?? 15k?? 50k?? 1L??? 2L??

Nice to know that you liked that sound system. It is a combination of Alpine HU and amps, Hertz speakers and Image Dynamics subwoofer.
Again, the question is how much can you go for????
ya thats the HU with me now!!! planning a budget range between 20k & 30k!! dont know if extra is possible cos parents think that its useless to spend that much!! but i wanna get a neat and good set of ice for me!!!!
whats ur opinion if i do this HU installation here in TVM mainly car palace??? confused what to do now
Old 4th June 2008, 00:39   #82
BANNED

Anything between 20k - 30k is a good budget to start with.
Let me try and split it up.

9k = Compos (Hertz Energy, Infinity, Illusion audio, Bull audio, Rainbow, Alpine)
7k = 4channel amp (Pioneer, Blaupunkt, JVC, Kenwood, JBL)
4k = Sub (JBL, Bull Audio, GZ)
1k = Sealed box
1k = Cables + connectors
2k = Damping material
2k = Installation (This may vary).
---
26k Total

You may add a separate mono amp for your sub if another 8k is added to the budget.
Boy!!! That's a rocking setup you've got.
Old 4th June 2008, 06:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whats ur opinion if i do this HU installation here in TVM mainly car palace??? confused what to do now
DONT! having seen the way these folks install ( i had to hang around to keep an eye so that they didn't screw up) , emperor is highly recommended if you can go there!
Old 4th June 2008, 10:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Anything between 20k - 30k is a good budget to start with.
Let me try and split it up.

9k = Compos (Hertz Energy, Infinity, Illusion audio, Bull audio, Rainbow, Alpine)
7k = 4channel amp (Pioneer, Blaupunkt, JVC, Kenwood, JBL)
4k = Sub (JBL, Bull Audio, GZ)
1k = Sealed box
1k = Cables + connectors
2k = Damping material
2k = Installation (This may vary).
---
26k Total

You may add a separate mono amp for your sub if another 8k is added to the budget.
Boy!!! That's a rocking setup you've got.
thanks alot.. waiting for my parents to handover the right amount of money to me!! next moment i will be in ekm!!!
Old 4th June 2008, 10:06   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
DONT! having seen the way these folks install ( i had to hang around to keep an eye so that they didn't screw up) , emperor is highly recommended if you can go there!
will try my maximum so that i could take my baby swift to emperor!!
Old 5th July 2008, 22:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine recently acquired a Spark LS. After my travails , decided to switch installers. Got the number of redfire's accomplice(Santhosh, of sharleo fame ) in his DIY adventures ( thanks redfire cheers

He directed me to a shop in killipalam ( dont remember the name), so I asked my friend to check out the place. In the meanwhile after giving a lot of thought , decided to sacrifice the plan for components in front. first thought about getting JBL GT5's , but then saw the reviews for Bull. But sadly, that was not to be. The bull 4" coax's were in short supply, since apparently demand had overtaken supply. Then , remembered that gunbir had some Hertz stuff for sale. But sadly he's reduced the discount from 25 to 20%. Either way my friend agreed to put up the extra cash since he was impressed by my setup !We got a Hertz Dieci 4" coax and 6x9" coax for 6560 from gunbir. Delivery took 2 weeks though. And I had no idea we needed to show form 16 for packages > 5K !

Fast forward to today, My friend Had an LS, and at the showroom, when we asked , we were told that the rear bracket + parcel tray was sold as a whole and for 4k! The installer suggested that we check with the service center for the rear bracket once more , and sure enough , the thing is available, and for 500 bucks! At that point I had to go back to work
The tray was ready by the end of the day ( it cost 950 though, but my friend says its really stiff, and he's very satisfied). The rest of the stuff went in at the shop at killipalam, and I insisted that he use a wiring harness ( cost 400- and i thought 350 for mine was too much) Either way, my friend is happy with the setup. I'll be checking it out tomorrow and posting pics

Cost :
Hertz DCX 100 + DCX 690 = 6560( after 20% discount)
HU Pioneer 3050 = 5700
Rear bracket = 500
Custom rear parcel tray = 950
Wiring harness = 400
Installation charge = 200

Total = 14,310

My friend is happy, and happier since he managed to save an entire 3.5k on the parcel tray from the dealer, and was able to invest it in ICE(his original budget was 10k- I volunteered to finance the rest , but he ended up paying anyway because of his savings on the tray!). And so another soul saved from mediocre ICE and fleecing by the dealer thanks to help of some kindly Team Bhp-ians

Last edited by greenhorn : 5th July 2008 at 22:26.
Old 5th July 2008, 22:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

The best person to get sub enclosures, speakers box's, rear parcel trays n all made is a person called Santhosh from Enchakkal.. He's the one who distributes all these stuff to 80% of the car shops in TVM

Installers wise, Hakim @ Motor Plaza does a good job esp. with the tuning. The others at that place ain't that professional.

There is this other guy Sunil who can come to your place and do the install. Does pretty neat work. He used to work at Indus so knows the electricals pretty well..
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:23   #88
Senior - BHPian

yup, Santhosh is the guy I was talking about

EDIT : updated in the above post for clarity
Old 6th July 2008, 22:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Finally got to listen to it first hand. At the start, it sounded horrible. after turning off the loudness, turning down the bass boost , and turning off the ASR, it started to sound better. After playing around with the EQ ( still not sure what the Q options (2N, 1N, 1W, 2W meant) . I assumed that 2W was the widest , and chose that. kept Bass boost at 2 (well we needed some bass) ,and the LF part of the eq at +3. It sounds like a bass heavy setup, but it isnt .

I was pleasantly suprised by how loud the front 4" coax's sounded. at fader 0, the balance was still towards the front. only after R3 did the bias start shifting towards the rear.

Without much further ado, here are the pics.
First the car
The old ..... and the new . the spark has a moment with its predecessor
Name:  DSC02802.jpg
Views: 7647
Size:  77.7 KB

The rear parcel tray in place. it was stiff and heavy. so heavy in fact that it broke the mounting bracket slightly.
Name:  DSC02803.jpg
Views: 3138
Size:  75.4 KB
the plastic of the bracket is actually quite flimsy. check out the stock mounting location in the side. they look diminutive compared to the 6x9's . The 6x9's seem to play louder than in my setup. must be the smaller cabin of the spark.
Name:  DSC02804.jpg
Views: 2899
Size:  77.4 KB

The front 4" coax. I'm not that happy with this since the mounting is a bit awkward. however , my friend says that both he and the installer tried to place it , but still couldnt get it right. maybe we'll have to try the spacer made of foam/rubber trick on this one too wonder why the 4" comps dont come with any stock grille...
Name:  DSC02806.jpg
Views: 3120
Size:  71.5 KB
And Finally the HU. after hearing redfire ( and another friend of mine's pioneer + JBL setup), i was worried about the pioneer's signature sound. Turned out it sounded quite nice. only the last ounce of HF resolution was missing. The sparkle in the the eric clapton unplugged CD's intro, signe , was missing , but otherwise SQ was quite good. I'm still not sure if this is due to the HU or the fronts being coax instead of comps.
The player was comfortable , and I realized how much i missed a rotary controller. I felt that the smaller joystick like controller had better feel than the bigger knobs of the 4050/5050 which look good , but feel cumbersome to move. and the touch pad style buttons make it easier to clean as well
Attached Images

Old 7th July 2008, 11:18   #90
Team-BHP Support

why are only 2 of the 4 screws for the 4" used? I would also seal the gap around the 4" it will help in the bass.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote