Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 07:48   #16
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Complit kits include
18 feet of main BLUE power cable
2 feet of SILVER ground cable
glass style fuseholder
17 foot stereo RCA interconnect
32 feet of 16 gauge clear speaker cable
ring terminals
terminal spades
glass fuse and assorted hardware
This is what it has;
The punch line I have high lighted.
I am sure it is self explanatory...
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 21:05   #17
BHPian
 
blue2ki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: city of ghosts
Posts: 185
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
Complit kits include
18 feet of main BLUE power cable
2 feet of SILVER ground cable
glass style fuseholder
17 foot stereo RCA interconnect
32 feet of 16 gauge clear speaker cable
ring terminals
terminal spades
glass fuse and assorted hardware
This is what it has;
The punch line I have high lighted.
I am sure it is self explanatory...
i know how to read. and that was not the question. 17 feet is the cable length.
my question was, does the wiring kit, include two 2channel RCA interconnects? ill be running a 4channel amplifier.
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 21:17   #18
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Lightbulb I am sure your english is more than perfect !!!

Respected Sir,

I am sure your ability to comprehend written english is brilliant.

I was never hinting otherwise.

The answer to your question has been quoted by me in 'bold'

'17 foot stereo RCA interconnect'

The word of significance is not 17 foot, but 'stereo'
Stereo means 2.

This amplifier kit will have 1 RCA interconnect. This is a stereo pair. You will need to have 2 like this for a 4 channel power amplifier.

I do hope this clears out things for you.

The answer to your question was in your question itself;

BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 22:22   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

The senstivty thing sucks. MB Quart is not that "high end" thing, IMHO. Why dont you try POLK ?
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 22:22   #20
BHPian
 
blue2ki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: city of ghosts
Posts: 185
Thanked: Once
Default

no issues. i don't know much about this ice stuff, so the question. anyhow my doubts are clear now. i need a pair of RCA's. cool.
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 22:46   #21
BHPian
 
blue2ki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: city of ghosts
Posts: 185
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
The senstivty thing sucks. MB Quart is not that "high end" thing, IMHO. Why dont you try POLK ?
i have dropped the MBQ's from my list. polk is out of my budget.
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 01:15   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
i have dropped the MBQ's from my list. polk is out of my budget.
So whats next thing you are lookin for ?
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 04:50   #23
BHPian
 
blue2ki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: city of ghosts
Posts: 185
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
So whats next thing you are lookin for ?
have dropped the idea of buying components from the US, cause i was on an extremely tight budget with the $$. lotta stuff to buy. will buy hertz or jbl components when i get back home. i have 6.5K for the components. as for the rest of the stuff, i had planned on buying, have already placed an order couple of days back, and am waiting for the package to be delivered. the stuff ive ordered is:
1. Soundstream PCX4.360 Amp: Multi-channel
2. Soundstream RCA6.0 Multimedia Accessories - two of these
3. Dynamat 10435 Sound Damping
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 07:15   #24
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
have dropped the idea of buying components from the US, cause i was on an extremely tight budget with the $$. lotta stuff to buy. will buy hertz or jbl components when i get back home. i have 6.5K for the components. as for the rest of the stuff, i had planned on buying, have already placed an order couple of days back, and am waiting for the package to be delivered. the stuff ive ordered is:
1. Soundstream PCX4.360 Amp: Multi-channel
2. Soundstream RCA6.0 Multimedia Accessories - two of these
3. Dynamat 10435 Sound Damping
How much did you pay for dynamat (I also bought one from Amazon) ? Buddy If you are in US, try sonic-electronix or try ebay, if you have a US account. Things are pretty cheap there.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 08:18   #25
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Wink MB Quart is not high end ???

Is MB Quart not high end ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
The senstivty thing sucks. MB Quart is not that "high end" thing, IMHO.
I use the MB Quart - Q Line - 216 in my car.
I was under the impression that it was 'high end'
I guess I was mistaken;
Sorry !!

p.s. I just installed it in my Swift - Diesel - White. ICE is still in progress.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 21:41   #26
BHPian
 
blue2ki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: city of ghosts
Posts: 185
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
How much did you pay for dynamat (I also bought one from Amazon) ? Buddy If you are in US, try sonic-electronix or try ebay, if you have a US account. Things are pretty cheap there.
sonic has better deals, but they charge shipping by weight so if youre ordering a couple of things, costs go up considerably. onlinecarstereo has free shipping for orders above 99$. i paid 55$ for dynamat extreme. i think at amazon you can get it even cheaper like 34$, but i don't trust amazon/ebay, lots of guys here i know who ordered stuff from ebay like amps., speakers and theyre DEAD ON ARRIVAL, i.e. they didnt play or work.
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 21:43   #27
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Not 34, It was 44. And I bought it with free shipping (Prime Member). Not a bad deal buddy.

I am worried now. I have ordered few speakers from Ebay. I am not sure how to check them now.

Dont scare me yaar :P
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 07:00   #28
BHPian
 
blue2ki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: city of ghosts
Posts: 185
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Not 34, It was 44. And I bought it with free shipping (Prime Member). Not a bad deal buddy.

I am worried now. I have ordered few speakers from Ebay. I am not sure how to check them now.

Dont scare me yaar :P
shipping over 25$ at amazon is free.
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 08:50   #29
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

You guys will carry Dynamat back to India ?
Or will you pay for shipping to India ?

Interesting.....
I could never afford the frieght cost on the Dynamat.
All the Best !!!
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 09:07   #30
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I could never afford the frieght cost on the Dynamat.
Ajeeb sa lagta hai sunane mein, You ! can't afford it ? :O


We bought it in the US and will bring it home, as a part of luggage :P

We do not require 150 sq ft of it so carrying it is pretty easy.

I bought a 12sq ft door kit, just to get a feel of it.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon]. BHAGWAN In-Car Entertainment 171 20th May 2009 17:08
ICE from The MB Quart Skoda blueraven316 In-Car Entertainment 21 21st September 2008 06:50
4-channel Soundstream Amp For Sale & MB Quart Q-Line 6.5" Component System QSD216 Bass&Trouble Shifting gears 7 19th March 2008 09:27
Hifonics vs MB Quart vs Alphasonik Xmax In-Car Entertainment 5 7th February 2008 14:38
Kicker AMP with MB Quart Comp and Audiobahn madbullram In-Car Entertainment 15 20th August 2007 01:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks