Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th May 2008, 23:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxx View Post
i am also having the same problem with my jbl gto 75.4, having problem with the fornt components actually the problem is with the amp it suddenly stops working after a trip sound but the rear works fine, after sometime i switch it back again it works fine and also whenever i tried to adjust the gain on the amp a tripping sound comes and the amp front channel stop working after sometime it working fine. please help.
Please check all connections (esp speaker and power).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 07:33   #17
BHPian

thanks navin ji i will check them and get back to you.
Raxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 11:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Thermal protection acting - the amp must be overheating. When you switch off and then on immediately, it works for 2 seconds - but switches off again since it has not cooled down enough.

1. Check if any of the speaker terminals / wires are shorting (with each other or ground; check with multimeter, with amp off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Like Deralte Phaji suggested check the speaker wires. They would be the major culprit in this tripping.
You guys were absolutely right. It was a case of speaker wires shorting with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thanks everyone for your inputs. My car seems to have some electrical problem somewhere. My PWs suddenly cease to work & come back after a while, same is the case with the low beam. So i have removed the face plate of my HU & kept it at home until I find time to resolve these issues. Will get an update as soon as I fix them.
cheers
And the reason for the same is RATS. I had parked my car for a couple of days in my office forgetting the rat menace in that area. In fact, now we are spending 80k a year to keep those rodents at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Even if all connections etc are okay, it sometimes happens to Sony amps, they just give up, so try getting the amp checked by some good technician if everything seems all right in the vehicle.
Nope, my SONY is fine, thanks.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 12:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Even i had the same issue with my 75.4 for front right channel but sorted out with my installer as one soldering was not perfect and it keep on loosing the contact after heating up after 10-15 minutes usages, he took 2 hours to trace down the location and again done a soldering job and it started working fine.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 12:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the reason for the same is RATS. I had parked my car for a couple of days in my office forgetting the rat menace in that area. In fact, now we are spending 80k a year to keep those rodents at bay.
May I suggest this new anti-rodent technology I came across...

lol
Attached Images

gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 15:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
May I suggest this new anti-rodent technology I came across...

lol
gunbir, this technology is not new, but obsolete since all cats have become obese what with their owners pampering them purina etc, the rats have started chasing cats for such foods.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 16:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gunbir, this technology is not new, but obsolete since all cats have become obese what with their owners pampering them purina etc, the rats have started chasing cats for such foods.
Yikes, seems then the cat nap in the hammock pic is appropriate. May I now suggest a BB gun...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote