Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th June 2008, 14:38   #1

Default Connecting Ipod with JVC AVX800

Hello Friends!

I have a JVC AVX800 system for my car (INNOVA). Now, I need it to work with my Ipod to attain the following goals:

1. Have the Ipod interface on the headunit
2. Play Audio files from the Ipod
3. Play Video files from the Ipod

There are two accessories (KS-PD100 & PXPJVC1) from JVC which might help.

I know that PXPJVC1 definitely facilitates Audio & Video files playback without Ipod interface on the HU but I am uncertain if KS-PD100 facilitates Audio & Video files playback when it facilitates Ipod interface on the HU.

All this information is purely from my search at JVC Mobile 2008

If someone could help me out of my confusion, it will be of great help

My dealer says that these parts are not available in India (hard to believe!) so I will have to get them sourced either from UAE or Singapore. If there is anybody in this forum from these countries, an indicative pricing of these would definitely help!

Thanks in advance!
nomadictraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 15:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

"JVC Mobile’s iPodŽ Direct car stereos and the KS-PD100 Interface adapter for iPodŽ have made listening to your favorite songs in the car more convenient and easier than ever before....
Connect your iPodŽ or iPodŽ Nano to JVC iPodŽ Ready Head Units using the KS-PD100. Not only does it charge your iPodŽ, but it will control your songs and (on most units) display information in the same layers and categories"

From the site link given

Last edited by navin : 7th June 2008 at 15:10.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 15:26   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
"JVC Mobile’s iPodŽ Direct car stereos and the KS-PD100 Interface adapter for iPodŽ have made listening to your favorite songs in the car more convenient and easier than ever before....
Connect your iPodŽ or iPodŽ Nano to JVC iPodŽ Ready Head Units using the KS-PD100. Not only does it charge your iPodŽ, but it will control your songs and (on most units) display information in the same layers and categories"
From the site link given
Thanks Navin. I know this.

Let me re-frame my query ::

Will KS-PD100 allow Audio & Video files playback alongwith Ipod interface? If yes, then what is the use of PXPJVC1?

In short, will it be safe to presume that the only difference between KS-PD100 & PXPJVC1 is that the former allows Ipod-like interface & the latter one does not?
nomadictraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 19:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

The PXPJVC1 allows you to send analog audio and video output from the iPod to the HU. The iPod is charged via the J-Bus connector (essentially the CD Changer control port). What is unclear - even though there is a J-Bus connection - is whether it allows control of the iPod through the HU. This is not mentioned on the site, nor does it have an instruction manual unlike the KS-PD100.

The KS-PD100, on the other hand, is the traditional iPod interface similar to the one given by Pio, Blaupunkt etc. This is also a J-Bus port (CD Changer control port), so a connected iPod will charge when connected. The most glaring difference with this unit is that it STREAMS audio over the J-Bus port. It is doubtful if it streams video.

Last edited by DerAlte : 7th June 2008 at 19:35.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote