Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 00:21   #16
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Finding a good ICE dealer in Chandi and that too without knowing what you really want. Hmmm, that's like being a bait for a lion.

SK does have great stuff but not the time to explain them to you. The budget that you have, probably wont' even give you a second glance. However, if you stand there and pester him all day, he'll show you what you want and at the end of the day,when you're getting stuff installed, will hit a chat with you and suggest you things.

My suggestion, either take someone with you to SK who knows the ICE terminology or come down to Delhi and get it done. For your budget, you'll definately get a better deal here in Delhi in comparasion from Chandi.

Let us know what you go for
Cheers!
M2S

PS: Aren't those shops in sector 17 any good, right next to Tommy Gear.
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 19:00   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Thanks Navin, Low_bass_makker and manikjeet for responding to the thread. I assumed I would not be getting any responses on this thread so never really came back to check in. Moreover I have subscribed to the thread but never received alerts. Just received alert a
for a post of supremebaleno and saw some responses here.

Back to topic, I did went to sec 28 to check few head units but none showed me HU discussed on TBHP.
You may visit Car Life - Sector 27 C, probably the most genuine guys out in Chandigarh.

Would recommend
HU - Pioneer 5050
Front Comps - JBL GT5 652
Rear Ovals - JBL GT5 693
Total Cost 15000/ - approx.

You may add amplifier (JBL GT5 604A) later - 7000/-

Regards,

Ishlesh
Ishlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 20:08   #18
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishlesh View Post
You may visit Car Life - Sector 27 C, probably the most genuine guys out in Chandigarh.
I wouldn't necessarily agree. The guy has good stuff but SK has better and so do other shops in sector 17. Car life is the cheapest (VFM)to get it done from in comparasion with it's counterparts. Having said that, the installation is not that great. I got my ICE done from him on my city, my dad happens to know him since his father was at the helm of affairs and he didn't do a good deal. Left the Amp and the cross-overs, just lying around in the boot and after having spent 35K for the system, I still am not satisfied with the output. Mind you this is 3 years old.
So, if you want to just pick up the stuff, you could do that, otherwise, would suggest, scout around.

Cheers!
M2S
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 23:22   #19
BHPian
 
reveal_da_zeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 82
Thanked: Once
Lightbulb Get Intouch

Better if you want to get a system from Chandigarh and need quality then try to get right stuff but beware that after sales help is not so good at SK and if talk about Car Life then installation suffers so Conclusion is that there is no Single Full fledged package here in Chandigarh so you better try out taking help from guys Like Manikjeet and others who keep track of such things in city...
All the best for the install.
Remember Hurry Hurry spoils the curry...
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 23:48   #20
BHPian
 
reveal_da_zeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 82
Thanked: Once
Default

Dear Mr. Low_Bass_Makker greetings, i think the makker is misspelled, well jokes apart, you said that at Autocenter we can find lot of stuff but can you plz suggest some place to get it installed too and also if the same guys can "INSTALL" so that a basic need for music is Satisfied?
Expect to hear from you soon...
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 08:58   #21
BHPian
 
navdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 885
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

@married2speed : thats some scary or cautious comment. I really need to be sure of installation
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 09:03   #22
BHPian
 
navdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 885
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveal_da_zeal View Post
Better if you want to get a system from Chandigarh and need quality then try to get right stuff but beware that after sales help is not so good at SK and if talk about Car Life then installation suffers so Conclusion is that there is no Single Full fledged package here in Chandigarh so you better try out taking help from guys Like Manikjeet and others who keep track of such things in city...
All the best for the install.
Remember Hurry Hurry spoils the curry...
In that case Car life is out.
I am absolutely in no hurry. I have seen in general, installation is the least concerned area here in sec28 for these shops. I have dropped a PM to Manikjeet. I will get in touch with him.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 09:59   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

[quote=married2speed;891334]
Quote:


I wouldn't necessarily agree. The guy has good stuff but SK has better and so do other shops in sector 17. Car life is the cheapest (VFM)to get it done from in comparasion with it's counterparts. Having said that, the installation is not that great. I got my ICE done from him on my city, my dad happens to know him since his father was at the helm of affairs and he didn't do a good deal. Left the Amp and the cross-overs, just lying around in the boot and after having spent 35K for the system, I still am not satisfied with the output. Mind you this is 3 years old.
So, if you want to just pick up the stuff, you could do that, otherwise, would suggest, scout around.

Cheers!
M2S
Agree - but there is one installer in Car Life's Team who does a fairly decent Job - and the guy's name is Sameer, but ensure that he does the entire job single-handedly (without his assistants trying to mess with some work).
Also there are two shops of Car Life - and I insist you go to sector 27 one.

Regards,

Ishlesh
Ishlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 13:58   #24
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Agree - but there is one installer in Car Life's Team who does a fairly decent Job - and the guy's name is Sameer, but ensure that he does the entire job single-handedly (without his assistants trying to mess with some work).
Also there are two shops of Car Life - and I insist you go to sector 27 one.
Both shops are owned by both the brothers. The one in sector 27 is "Lalli", as we know him in the family. Well, should you wish to go get the ICE installed from him, do so at your own peril

Au Revior
M2S
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 16:03   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

i will be glad to help you out and i have replied to your pm

SK motor i visit his shop once and it was the last time. he doesn't know how to talk to customer. and about the rates they are the on the upper side

as for the car life he is a decent guy who would talk to you nicely and give you a good deal, as for the installation their is a guy name chaman he is good

as for the stuff i would suggest

1) HU pio or a kenwood(don't remember the number both have aux and usb) 4700-5000
2) FRONT jbl 607c
3) back jbl 937
4) amp kenwood amp 8401 or a sony amp

it would be around RS16000-RS17000 with amp and with without amp 12000
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 22:33   #26
BHPian
 
navdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 885
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I agree with Manik about SK Motors. I just happen to be in the city so decided to spend couple of hours in sec 28.

Car Life guy "sounded" reasonable and also his prices. Cannot comment on installation work.

@Manik : I will get in touch with you as soon as I am here again.

Thank you guys for your inputs.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 02:26   #27
BHPian
 
ScarySkulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Halifax, N.S.
Posts: 623
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

The Car Life guy is normally the one with the cheapest rates.
However, keep a watchful eye on the installation quality. Be it anywhere.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chandigarh - Mumbai - Chandigarh : Route Queries ankit_chd Route / Travel Queries 32 16th November 2017 01:27
Chandigarh-Dehradun-Chandigarh YC.BALENO.CHD Travelogues 2 25th May 2009 02:32
URGENT!! help regarding basic system for parents..price doubt ronk In-Car Entertainment 26 11th July 2007 10:51
Skoda Ahoj! As basic a concept can get!! ashutoshb The Indian Car Scene 7 1st December 2006 14:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks