Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 16:07   #76
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Amps Mounted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
...

@xeta, is you parcel shelf made of MDF or wood-framed thin ply? There are some rather thick patties visible below. If so, you should at least put some damping material below the sheet.
@DerAlte : I think it is MDF. I'm not very sure. Anyway, I would definitely take a look at the material. I think I will have some damping material in excess after damping the front two doors. I will apply that below the sheet. Thanks for the info.

@Greenhorn : I did change the front speakers, but that was a month back. I took those photographs later. But definitely an suggestion/input for the front speakers is absolutely welcome. So please let me know if there is anything I need to do to improve more on the SQ.

Phew!! It took me 4 hours to mount the amps today. Man, now I understand how tough it is for the mechanics who work through the day. The ground wires were short in length. Bought some Finolex wires to substitute. Used corrugated pipes to pass the power, ground and rem cables ( for some temporary neatness). Will take care of the rest of the cables, when I fit stinger cables on.
Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00600.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00601.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00602.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00603.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00604.jpg  

XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 23:33   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

I'd outlined what needs to be done in one of my previous post. I'd also added links to the pics
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 00:49   #78
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Count me in the list too please.I will be so much grateful to you guys.
@Ultimatechamp : I have already procured the damping material. However, if you need I can provide you the contacts to get fot yourself.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 17:44   #79
BHPian
 
ultimatechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 92 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
@Ultimatechamp : I have already procured the damping material. However, if you need I can provide you the contacts to get fot yourself.
Thats ok pal, just give me all the details like which one(Noisekill/Dynamat/Fonomat) did you get? what size ? and obviously the cost? where are you getting this fitted from,or is it all 'DIY'? You can pm me also if you want to.
Thanks
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 23:21   #80
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Thats ok pal, just give me all the details like which one(Noisekill/Dynamat/Fonomat) did you get? what size ? and obviously the cost? where are you getting this fitted from,or is it all 'DIY'? You can pm me also if you want to.
Thanks
@UltimateChamp : I opted for Noise Kill. Got it from Bass&Trouble. For my Indica front doors, 25 Sq. Ft. is supposed to be more than enough for the two door layers. The cost of Noise Kill is Rs. 150 /Sq.Ft.
I am planning to DIY the damping part. There were quite a number of posts explaining how to take off the Door pads in an Indica. Hopefully I will not mess it up .

Have PM-ed you my cell number.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 11:17   #81
BHPian
 
ultimatechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 92 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
@UltimateChamp : I opted for Noise Kill. Got it from Bass&Trouble. For my Indica front doors, 25 Sq. Ft. is supposed to be more than enough for the two door layers. The cost of Noise Kill is Rs. 150 /Sq.Ft.
I am planning to DIY the damping part. There were quite a number of posts explaining how to take off the Door pads in an Indica. Hopefully I will not mess it up .

Have PM-ed you my cell number.
Thats neat mate.
Havent yet got your pm though.
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 19:14   #82
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Thumbs up Alpine/Stinger/Ichibahn

Hoorray!!
Alpine CDA9886 has arrived along withe the STinger wiring kit. Had to buy 2 Ichibahn RCA interconnects and a Ichibahn Fuse holder also.

Planning to do the installation on coming Sunday.
I'll make sure I take a lot of photographs.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 22:56   #83
BHPian
 
ultimatechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 92 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
Hoorray!!
Alpine CDA9886 has arrived along withe the STinger wiring kit. Had to buy 2 Ichibahn RCA interconnects and a Ichibahn Fuse holder also.

Planning to do the installation on coming Sunday.
I'll make sure I take a lot of photographs.
Thats great Xeta bhai
Still waiting to audition your complete set-up when its done.
By the way,where did you source the Ichibahn RCA interconnects and Ichibahn Fuse holder from? Did the Stinger wiring kit also arrive from US of A?
Cant wait to lay my eyes on your wonderful set-up,or lay my hands on them!!
You making me jealous dada !
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:50   #84
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Thats great Xeta bhai
Still waiting to audition your complete set-up when its done.
By the way,where did you source the Ichibahn RCA interconnects and Ichibahn Fuse holder from? Did the Stinger wiring kit also arrive from US of A?
Cant wait to lay my eyes on your wonderful set-up,or lay my hands on them!!
You making me jealous dada !
Patience is virtue, Daktar Babu.
Will definitely have audition sessions.
The Ichibahn Interconnects and fuse have been sourced from Bass&Trouble. The Stinger kit is indeed sourced from the US.

So have you decided on the components as of yet? When is your upgrade starting?
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 17:28   #85
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Thumbs up The Squad has arrived

Guys, here are the pics of the Alpine 9886 HU, Stinger kit and the Ichibahn Interconnects and fuses.
Can't wait till Sunday for the installs to be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-slide1.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-slide2.jpg  

XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 17:55   #86
BHPian
 
redfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago, The Windy City
Posts: 444
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Wow, drool maal HU and nice accessories you got. Waiting for a detailed listening report with Alpine in place. And ofcourse install pics too.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 18:13   #87
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Looking forward to a great install buddy.
Give us reports and pics as you proceed. The problem is once we get to enjoy the ICE, we forget to take finished pictures.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 18:18   #88
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Looking forward to a great install buddy.
Give us reports and pics as you proceed. The problem is once we get to enjoy the ICE, we forget to take finished pictures.
No worries! I will be busy taking the photos when the installation will be on.
Photos will definitely come along.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 23:08   #89
BHPian
 
ultimatechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 92 Times
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
So have you decided on the components as of yet? When is your upgrade starting?
Excellent things you got there boss.Wish I got the same HU at the same price you got.
I think it will be Illusions ultimately for me,for the front compos but maybe JBL 937s for rear.Got to pm Bass n Trouble.


Had one mishap at home,so laying low for a while.
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 00:28   #90
BHPian
 
XetaGLGRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 33 Times
Thumbs up Everythings on board!!!! Upgrade done

Guys! ICE upgrade complete ( So it seems).

Nura had given me the contact of this installer. This guy does factory installations for Alpine, JVC etc.
I had called him and set the appointment for Sunday(today) morning 10 AM.
He called me and asked me to go down to Moto Mania in Ballygunge. I reached there sharp at 10AM. Installer sahab arrived at 10.30 AM with 2 associates.

The job went on till 6.30 in the evening.
I must say the guy did a very good job. No loose ends at all.
At the end of the day, it was a pleasure to hear the setup on my way back home.

The only bad thing is that I discovered that the earlier installer had thrown away the grommet on the firewall through which the power cables were laid.
Will have to have something there to block the hole.

Here are photographs of the install. I am very tired to write anything more today.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-slide1.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-slide2.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-slide3.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-slide4.jpg  

XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica e-xeta petrol with 17.1 kmpl and e-xeta LPG sidindica The Indian Car Scene 7 9th July 2011 12:39
Indica Xeta - First Experience-How Xeta won the race nirmalkumar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 20th April 2008 16:41
Indica Xeta LPG or Indica Turbo Diesel?? nobreaks Hatchbacks 12 1st September 2006 23:29
Indica Turbo or Indica Xeta BNB Hatchbacks 6 23rd April 2006 11:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks