Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 10:26   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
. it has 4 channels, all four channels can be used to power one speaker each
No all 4 channels cannot be used to power one speaker. You can bridge 4 channels into 2 and power 2 speakers but I dont think you cannot bridge all 4 channels into 1 channel. can you Sam?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 11:51   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

All @rider60 wanted to say was "it has 4 channels, each of the four channels can be used to power one speaker each"
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 15:49   #18
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Okay, now if I want to power four speakers and one subwoofer, how many channel amplifier I require?
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 16:07   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hi ravi,

If you want to power 4 speakers + sub, you have two options..

1. 1 4ch Amp + 1 mono (or) 1 2ch amp bridged
2. 1 5ch Amp.. check the link below..

Blaupunkt - Amplifier - THA-Series - THA 555 PnP
Ford_madhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 16:17   #20
BHPian
 
thirst4torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mysore,BLR
Posts: 93
Thanked: Once
Default

5 channels.But 5 channel amplifiers are very expensive. So the ideal setup is a 4 channel amp to power the 4 speakers and a mono block/2channel amp to drive the sub.
thirst4torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 16:18   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
No all 4 channels cannot be used to power one speaker. You can bridge 4 channels into 2 and power 2 speakers but I dont think you cannot bridge all 4 channels into 1 channel. can you Sam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
All @rider60 wanted to say was "it has 4 channels, each of the four channels can be used to power one speaker each"

thanks deralte thats what i meant!


@Ravi, like i said, you either go with the kind of setup i suggested or like the one in the rocksterraghu's M800, they are the cost effective way buddy.

if you want to power all the speakers using an amplifier and get a sub too, then you agree to forgo the budget.

now coming to the ICE Part, this is how people usually do,

they get a 4-Channel amplifier to power the front two and the rear two speakers

Either a MONO amp is used for the sub or A Powerful 2-Channel amp is used whose channels are bridged to get the max out put for the SUB.

on the hign ends systems its different, there are also 5-Channel power amplifiers that power all four speakers and a sub in the car.


NOW For you car just like in my swift i have suggested you to get a very GOOD 4-CHANNEL AMP and you have either 4-speakers powered it, or power the front two speakers and a sub at the rear with it!

that's all mate take care.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 17:12   #22
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Thanks so much guys. Now,I understood well about these 'channels' setup.

I am not going to do the set-up immediately. What my plan now is, spend 10k for some upgrades and then later upgrade again after six-12 months without replacing any setup I do now. Am trying to get max information regarding the options for now.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 27th June 2008 at 17:13.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 17:52   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,235
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Ravi, since you are planning to upgrade in 6 months, I would suggest:

Buy a good 4 channel Amplifier and power all the speakers. Dont buy the sub for now, instead invest that money in dampening material. Save some money say for 6 months and then install a Mono Block and a Sub-woofer.

or

Buy a good 4-channel amplifier and a sub-woofer, bridge(join) two of the channels to power the sub-woofer and with the other two channels power either front speakers or rear speakers. Try both the combinations and 'listen' then decide.

PS: ravi, do read this thread.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 27th June 2008 at 17:54.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 19:54   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Buy a good 4-channel amplifier and a sub-woofer, bridge(join) two of the channels to power the sub-woofer and with the other two channels power either front speakers or rear speakers.
This is exactly what I have done. I got JBL 60.4 and connected my 12 inch sub bridging 2 channels and the other 2 channels for rear speakers. I love my car audio better than my 5.1 DTS home system (4000 watts). Just a comparison: I like Robbie Williams' song "She's the one". I heard this song a 1000 times on my home system but realized it has a deep bass rhythm the day I installed my JBL amp and Sub in the car. Not to mention numerous other songs !

Right now I feel front stage lacks power (natural with a direct HU connection), probably I would go for component speakers on the front door for a better musical experience !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 20:41   #25
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
This is exactly what I have done. I got JBL 60.4 and connected my 12 inch sub bridging 2 channels and the other 2 channels for rear speakers. I love my car audio better than my 5.1 DTS home system (4000 watts). Just a comparison: I like Robbie Williams' song "She's the one". I heard this song a 1000 times on my home system but realized it has a deep bass rhythm the day I installed my JBL amp and Sub in the car. Not to mention numerous other songs !

Right now I feel front stage lacks power (natural with a direct HU connection), probably I would go for component speakers on the front door for a better musical experience !
Hi Shajufx
Thanx a lot for the information. I need more information as to what you have installed (with model nos.) and of course with price.

BTW, I remember your wagon-R running on Yokos (think 175). How are they donig. Did you get any specific problem or complaints?

Thanks in advance
Ravi
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 21:02   #26
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Ravi, I would suggest you to buy a very good 4channel amp now. And power your speakers with them for now. Later, you can get front components and a sub.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 21:19   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Hi Ravi,
You can find some details from my Garage here. Tires are Bridgestone 165 not Yoko. Its doing great, so far no complaints. Pricing part is below, all these items are without B&W. Hope there is no problem posting it here.

Pioneer P 6950 IB (HU) Rs.7900
Rear Pioneer TS A 6982 S Rs.3500
Front speakers JBL CS 2104 Rs.2500
Rear boxes, antenna & fitting Rs.800
JBL CS 60.4 Rs.6500
Xplod RC kit & fitting Rs.1000
Pioneer Sub TS-W307D2 (12") Rs.3500
Box & fitting Rs.1650

Total of Rs.27350/-

If you want to add damping with dynamat as seen in my garage, shell out another 11k with a smile !!

Last edited by shajufx : 27th June 2008 at 21:23.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 21:49   #28
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hi Ravi,
You can find some details from my Garage here. Tires are Bridgestone 165 not Yoko. Its doing great, so far no complaints. Pricing part is below, all these items are without B&W. Hope there is no problem posting it here.

Pioneer P 6950 IB (HU) Rs.7900
Rear Pioneer TS A 6982 S Rs.3500
Front speakers JBL CS 2104 Rs.2500
Rear boxes, antenna & fitting Rs.800
JBL CS 60.4 Rs.6500
Xplod RC kit & fitting Rs.1000
Pioneer Sub TS-W307D2 (12") Rs.3500
Box & fitting Rs.1650

Total of Rs.27350/-

If you want to add damping with dynamat as seen in my garage, shell out another 11k with a smile !!
Oops! Yes! now I remember, the bridgestones 165. There is one more person who bought Yokos 175 for wagon-R. I got confused.

The setup is quite a promising. Thanks so much for the details. It would help me a lot. One more question, where did you fix the rear speakers?
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 22:13   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
where did you fix the rear speakers?
2 detachable boxes in the boot ! Means I can empty the boot space in case of drop/pick up on airport/railway station duty. Just check my garage photos, you will get lot of answers easily. cheers:
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 22:39   #30
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Thank you so much! The car looks really hot with those alloys and tires. So you have done dampening spending 11K? What is its exact use? Could you please enlighten my soul?
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help deciding on a JVC Subwoofer and Amplifier ghpk In-Car Entertainment 31 25th April 2012 03:51
Which Subwoofer and Amplifier ramie2400 In-Car Entertainment 86 14th April 2009 12:06
SubWoofer and Amplifier Query EDIT: now need only Amp under 8k nitin.dangayach In-Car Entertainment 122 12th February 2009 20:56
Need help selecting a 4ch amplifier jCube In-Car Entertainment 72 26th February 2007 13:02
Blaupunkt Subwoofer and Kenwood Amplifier for sale general_neo Shifting gears 7 25th December 2005 13:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks