Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 22:25   #1
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Help in selecting Amplifier and Subwoofer for my Wagon-R

Hi,
I am planning to spruce up my Wagon-R's ICE, by adding amplifier and subwoofer. I am right now having, front and back speakers (Ultimate) and of course a pioneer headunit.

Please suggest me a good Amplifier and Subwoofer setup. My budget is stricktly 10k. Not more than that.

Thanks in advance.
Ravi
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 22:33   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Here's the break up. Grey prices:
JBL CS300.1 mono amp= ~Rs.5500
JBL GTO1204D sub= ~3500k
Sealed Enclosure =~ 1k
Wiring and Install= 1500(minimum)
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 22:48   #3
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Thank you nitrous.
What would be the original prices (with warranty and bill) of these components?
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 23:18   #4
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Here's the break up. Grey prices:
JBL CS300.1 mono amp= ~Rs.5500
\
Can i get the spec's for this amp?
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 23:49   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

JBL CS300.1

Power Output 300 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms and ≤ 1% THD + N
S/N Ratio 100dBA (reference 1 watts into 4 ohms)
Dynamic Power 400 watts at 2 ohms
Effective Damping Factor 6.39 at 4 ohms
Frequency Response 10Hz - 300Hz (-3dB)
Maximum Input Signal 7.5V
Maximum Sensitivity 100mV
Dimensions 2.2" x 13" x 10.3"
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 01:04   #6
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

JBLCS300.1, is this good enough for reasonable quality of audio in my WagonR?

Are the above best in 10k range? Any other options can I look for? thanks in advance.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 02:38   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

ravi if you dont have an amp currently for your speakers then getting a mono and a sub will not better the music in the car.

for the same reason might i suggest a 4-Channel amp, then bridge two of its channels of the sub and use two for the front sound stage?
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 03:19   #8
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Okay, let me tell what I have currently in my Wagon-R

Pioneer headset (base model)
Front Pioneer speakers.
Rear Ultimate 240 w oval speakers

Now as per my understanding, a monoamp can only power a subwoofer (correct me if I am wrong). Then, to connect the rear speakers do I need another type amplifier??
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 04:04   #9
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
ravi if you dont have an amp currently for your speakers then getting a mono and a sub will not better the music in the car.

for the same reason might i suggest a 4-Channel amp, then bridge two of its channels of the sub and use two for the front sound stage?
How much output can the amp give? If we assume 300W per channel and if we use 2channels for the sub, how can it power it if the sub is 1000W? The output would be 600W na? Am i wrong? Explain.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 04:09   #10
BHPian
 
madbullram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai & Appleton, WI
Posts: 513
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Okay, let me tell what I have currently in my Wagon-R

Pioneer headset (base model)
Front Pioneer speakers.
Rear Ultimate 240 w oval speakers

Now as per my understanding, a monoamp can only power a subwoofer (correct me if I am wrong). Then, to connect the rear speakers do I need another type amplifier??
Yes, Mono can power a Sub. Best would be to get a 4-channel amp, bridge 2-channel to your sub and the remaining 2 channel to your speakers. I would also advise you to read:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...rminology.html

This will be a great learning for you.
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 04:17   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
How much output can the amp give? If we assume 300W per channel and if we use 2channels for the sub, how can it power it if the sub is 1000W? The output would be 600W na? Am i wrong? Explain.

the calculation is not that way buddy, a 4-channel amp say JBL GTO4060 that i was about to suggest ravi, it has 4 channels, all four channels can be used to power one speaker each or
they can be bridged two channels into a total 2 or
bridge only 2 channels to make it one for the sub and use the other two for the speakers.

the last kind of configuration was the thing i suggested Ravi, you see the amp says 75W rms @ 2Ohms and 150W rms X 2 @ 4Ohms.

so you can bridge two channels and use a 4Ohm stable sub on it and use the other two to power the front sound stage.

JBL Car & Marine Audio
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 04:21   #12
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
the calculation is not that way buddy, a 4-channel amp say JBL GTO4060 that i was about to suggest ravi, it has 4 channels, all four channels can be used to power one speaker each or
they can be bridged two channels into a total 2 or
bridge only 2 channels to make it one for the sub and use the other two for the speakers.

the last kind of configuration was the thing i suggested Ravi, you see the amp says 75W rms @ 2Ohms and 150W rms X 2 @ 4Ohms.

so you can bridge two channels and use a 4Ohm stable sub on it and use the other two to power the front sound stage.

JBL Car & Marine Audio
Okie, and what would be the inpit required for the sub? Suppose, the JBL1204. The output the amp can provide from the 2channels will be 300W rms right? Now isnt the required input for the sub 1000W?

EDIT : Now I got it! I was confused between rms power and peak power, sorry! Confusion cleared

Last edited by furioussphinx : 27th June 2008 at 04:28.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 04:53   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Okay, let me tell what I have currently in my Wagon-R

Pioneer headset (base model)
Front Pioneer speakers.
Rear Ultimate 240 w oval speakers

Now as per my understanding, a monoamp can only power a subwoofer (correct me if I am wrong). Then, to connect the rear speakers do I need another type amplifier??


well its a wagonR so the front speakers are 4" speakers and the rear ones are ovals so if you really want the bass might i suggest a setup similar to rocksterraghu's M800 install.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...p-my-m800.html


well have this kind of setup but with a better amp and you will not want a sub and will be content with this i can assure you that!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 05:09   #14
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Yes, Mono can power a Sub. Best would be to get a 4-channel amp, bridge 2-channel to your sub and the remaining 2 channel to your speakers. I would also advise you to read:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...rminology.html

This will be a great learning for you.
Thank you so much madbullram. I will go through the thread.

@Yash
I have checked the raghu's thread. It was really nice. One more option for the front speakers is, Illusion Electra 4.1 as used by Technocrat. The review was great by him. What do you say?

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 27th June 2008 at 05:11.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 07:51   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Thank you so much madbullram. I will go through the thread.

@Yash
I have checked the raghu's thread. It was really nice. One more option for the front speakers is, Illusion Electra 4.1 as used by Technocrat. The review was great by him. What do you say?
you want to stick to the 10grand budget dont you? you go with the electra 4.1 rest assured you will surely lose the bass and a lot more of do$$$!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help deciding on a JVC Subwoofer and Amplifier ghpk In-Car Entertainment 31 25th April 2012 03:51
Which Subwoofer and Amplifier ramie2400 In-Car Entertainment 86 14th April 2009 12:06
SubWoofer and Amplifier Query EDIT: now need only Amp under 8k nitin.dangayach In-Car Entertainment 122 12th February 2009 20:56
Need help selecting a 4ch amplifier jCube In-Car Entertainment 72 26th February 2007 13:02
Blaupunkt Subwoofer and Kenwood Amplifier for sale general_neo Shifting gears 7 25th December 2005 13:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks