Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2008, 13:06   #46
Jay
BHPian
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 819
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Hey nice work there... 180W RMS to Components ? Whats the peak rating ?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 13:25   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
180W RMS to components?
What were u HPF'ing them at?
Yes 180W RMS to compenents
HPF is set at 80HZ. Though they play good if u turn off the HPF but as tested the best is 63 hz as tested. But my HU doesnt support below 80hz. So cutting them at 80hz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Hey nice work there... 180W RMS to Components ? Whats the peak rating ?
Peak is 150W.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 00:40   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
HPF is set at 80HZ. Though they play good if u turn off the HPF but as tested the best is 63 hz as tested. But my HU doesnt support below 80hz. So cutting them at 80hz.
Aren't you worried that you're heavily straining the mid bass driver?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 17:33   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Normally only very limited wattage will go through the mid-bass. 180W is the amp rating (not sure whether it is normally at 4 ohms or max at 2 or 4 ohms) - this is an extreme possibility, definitely not what flows through the drivers under normal circumstances.

The danger is only during peak loads. One long sustained loud music passage at anything more than 80% volume and ... watch out for that burning varnish smell, @abhibh!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 19:38   #50
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

ther are some more pics to be poseted about how did you fixed the wooden rings in the front door and how much dampening improved your sound quality.
and please let me know when you visint ludhiana, i want to see your install and hear it personally.
thnaks.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 22:21   #51
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
... watch out for that burning varnish smell, @abhibh!
long before he smells varnsih he will hear distortion. if you do turn it down.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 00:42   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Aren't you worried that you're heavily straining the mid bass driver?
hehe i don't play them loud 99% of the time. So they are all working fine. Though they are back to 60 W RMS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Normally only very limited wattage will go through the mid-bass. 180W is the amp rating (not sure whether it is normally at 4 ohms or max at 2 or 4 ohms) - this is an extreme possibility, definitely not what flows through the drivers under normal circumstances.

The danger is only during peak loads. One long sustained loud music passage at anything more than 80% volume and ... watch out for that burning varnish smell, @abhibh!
Thanks for the info Sirji. They are back to 60W now. But now that you have given ideas to my EVIL mind why don't i just burn them and add some $$$ and get new ID's XS

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
ther are some more pics to be poseted about how did you fixed the wooden rings in the front door and how much dampening improved your sound quality.
and please let me know when you visint ludhiana, i want to see your install and hear it personally.
thnaks.
Wooden Rings are fixed with the help of screws. Damping helped in reducing the rattles and yes its kinda acting like a sealed enclosure for the midbass so its a must IMHO.

Next time i am there i will sure let you know. But if you ever visit CHD just PM me.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 14:35   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
... But now that you have given ideas to my EVIL mind why don't i just burn them and add some $$$ and get new ID's XS ...
You don't have to burn them - just put them in the Classifieds or the Gifting thread and someone will relieve you of the stress! Neki aur poochh poochh?

You don't need an excuse to buy the XS, do you?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 15:43   #54
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Next time i am there i will sure let you know. But if you ever visit CHD just PM me.
sure i will Pm you before i get to CHD someday.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Can you comment about SAX265.20 vs ID CTX 65CS.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:59   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Can you comment about SAX265.20 vs ID CTX 65CS.
CTX lacks a bit in midbass compared to SAX but then vocal reproduction is better in CTX.

I would have gone for the CTX but mounting depth of the CTX was a problem
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:04   #57
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
CTX lacks a bit in midbass compared to SAX but then vocal reproduction is better in CTX.

I would have gone for the CTX but mounting depth of the CTX was a problem
Thats one issue people talk about.

Another I read about is quality of things used in the cross over.

Its got awesome built quality (as I see from pix) which Rainbow doesnt seem to have.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:19   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats one issue people talk about.

Another I read about is quality of things used in the cross over.

Its got awesome built quality (as I see from pix) which Rainbow doesnt seem to have.
I don't think there should any problem in mounting ID in Safari. In alto yes mounting any set of speaker is a problem

I can not elaborate much on the build quality but IMHO they both are on equal terms.

Though under 20K i think the following 2 sets are great:
1. ID CTX 65 CS
2. Hertz High Energy 2 Way

Disclaimer:
The above is just my opinion. I have not heard quiet a lot of sets under 20K but the ones i have heard includes Hertz, ID, Rainbow, Morel, Focal, Illusion, MTX, Pio, Kenny.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:36   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I don't think there should any problem in mounting ID in Safari. In alto yes mounting any set of speaker is a problem

I can not elaborate much on the build quality but IMHO they both are on equal terms.
No one can confuse me
Its either ID or Rainbow when I upgrade. Locked!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:42   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
No one can confuse me
Its either ID or Rainbow when I upgrade. Locked!
now thats a good bhai

the only question left is when - any hints ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd February 2009 at 13:43.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Finally Finally!!! sudeep.bansal Introduce yourself 7 26th June 2013 23:04
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
Finally, finally , finally..after 2applications. I am here!! Fordmanchau Introduce yourself 4 22nd July 2009 15:20
To All Alto Owners / Experts: Need suggestion about Alto ICE Installation. nitin.dangayach In-Car Entertainment 12 19th August 2008 11:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks