Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 23:57   #1
BHPian
 
reveal_da_zeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 82
Thanked: Once
Question Suggest add on for M-800

Need Components and an amp, already have JBL ovals in rear. suggest which ones can fulfill my need for a pleasing sound as most of the time i am out driving, no show off just pure music. You can term it the corporate way. Budget : around 9-14k at max 20k..
also kindly suggest if there is need for any extra stuff like damping and others. Don't want to miss any part.
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 01:39   #2
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Budget please. And whatever it may be, The ICE gurus will blow it way
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 10:19   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...p-my-m800.html

check out this thread should give you a good idea, about what to get for the car, well wouldnt recommend the sony amp like in the set up above you can instead get a better one, as you have the budget and in that budget you can go for damping too!

say the split is 4-6K for the components!, say around 7-10K for the amp, 2K for rcas ans wiring ans 2K for damping! there goes the 20K!


EDIT: say if you manage to buy the components for like 4.5K, the amp for around 7K, a good rca set will cost like not less than 3K, and the rest can be used for damping and labor! happy icing!

Last edited by rider60 : 5th July 2008 at 10:24.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 14:37   #4
BHPian
 
reveal_da_zeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 82
Thanked: Once
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...p-my-m800.html

check out this thread should give you a good idea, about what to get for the car, well wouldnt recommend the sony amp like in the set up above you can instead get a better one, as you have the budget and in that budget you can go for damping too!

say the split is 4-6K for the components!, say around 7-10K for the amp, 2K for rcas ans wiring ans 2K for damping! there goes the 20K!


EDIT: say if you manage to buy the components for like 4.5K, the amp for around 7K, a good rca set will cost like not less than 3K, and the rest can be used for damping and labor! happy icing!
Thanks for the concern Rider. I also am actually seeking for an install that do not include Sony in any form..
1. So according to you I should go for Damping too, done.
2. Then for the components please shortlist some names i think infinity and Bull fit in best and as per reviews should i go for Bull?
3. Then comes amp. Is Kenwood fine with 2 JBL Gto936e and the specified Bull Components?

Thanks that you take time out to Help.
Disclosure: this would be a DIY.
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 14:40   #5
BHPian
 
reveal_da_zeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 82
Thanked: Once
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Budget please. And whatever it may be, The ICE gurus will blow it way
sorry for if the post was a bit messy. budget there in third line looks like :-
Budget : around 9-14k at max 20k.
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 16:16   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

i would suggest bull comp. 4.5k kenwood amp. 8401 5.5k-6k
it totals to 10k and rest 3k for wiring and another 3k for the damping

its 16k and 1k up or down

ps spacer rings will cost 1-2k i think
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:08   #7
BHPian
 
reveal_da_zeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 82
Thanked: Once
Lightbulb Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i would suggest bull comp. 4.5k kenwood amp. 8401 5.5k-6k
it totals to 10k and rest 3k for wiring and another 3k for the damping

its 16k and 1k up or down

ps spacer rings will cost 1-2k i think
Thanks, suggestion taken... anywhere i can get the install???
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:08   #8
BHPian
 
mnhegde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B E N G A L U R U
Posts: 473
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@reveal : Check out some 3 to 4 types of components , and see which you are comfortable with. Comps like JBL, AD, Polk , Bull , Infinity are good.
@Manikjeet : spacers cost less than 1k.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 00:12   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveal_da_zeal View Post
Thanks for the concern Rider. I also am actually seeking for an install that do not include Sony in any form..
1. So according to you I should go for Damping too, done.
2. Then for the components please shortlist some names i think infinity and Bull fit in best and as per reviews should i go for Bull?
3. Then comes amp. Is Kenwood fine with 2 JBL Gto936e and the specified Bull Components?

Thanks that you take time out to Help.
Disclosure: this would be a DIY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i would suggest bull comp. 4.5k kenwood amp. 8401 5.5k-6k
it totals to 10k and rest 3k for wiring and another 3k for the damping

its 16k and 1k up or down

ps spacer rings will cost 1-2k i think
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@reveal : Check out some 3 to 4 types of components , and see which you are comfortable with. Comps like JBL, AD, Polk , Bull , Infinity are good.
@Manikjeet : spacers cost less than 1k.

well the amp is fine, for components you can check out the ones suggested, i liked the jbl a lot so went with them in my swift and accent!, for amp you can also try out the jbl GT5 series, or the kenwood ones and may be a few others, gurus a little help about the brands in this price range?


and by the way each spacer ring made of mdf cost me approx 150 bucks so i am expecting this install to need around 4-6 spacers, its that price for mdf the ply wood ones are cheaper say around 50 -100 bucks a piece!


and all the best with the DIY, i suggest you have some one with experience by your side, just in case you are new to ICE installs!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 08:53   #10
BHPian
 
nickoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida\Patiala
Posts: 175
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

bro, check out the compos for yourself a particular set may suit my taste but wont suit yours. There are various brands like JBL, polk, boston, bull, rainbow, mtx, blau to name a few. Go to a decent installer and request him to let you audition a few that fall in your budget and Kenwood 8401 is a decent amp!!
nickoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 22:36   #11
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i would suggest bull comp. 4.5k kenwood amp. 8401 5.5k-6k
it totals to 10k and rest 3k for wiring and another 3k for the damping

its 16k and 1k up or down

ps spacer rings will cost 1-2k i think
I second this advice its 100% vfm, i have the same setup in my 800 and im really happy with it, you might even want to save on damping as 800's door hardly rattles
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti 800 STD & 800 DX..pros & cons ? shapath Technical Stuff 6 21st August 2015 11:32
can i add a 1.6 corsa dash to my 1.4? spdemon Modifications & Accessories 3 7th September 2005 11:25
Help me out on the add-ons for Petra shyamsk Modifications & Accessories 15 17th August 2005 10:48
Baleno add-on blues- problems of a nomadic existence Puffdamgcdragon Modifications & Accessories 10 30th July 2005 02:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks