Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 12:42   #46
BHPian
 
Knight Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

I had my ICE done from JC road and it was around two years ago that I met anwar. He did a complete reinstall,The effect was amazing, I mean I didnt change anything and it sounded completely different from before .

So end of the day you can get your Install done from anyone, However dont expect that setup to sound nice just because you picked up stuff which are expensive

And as others pointed out, Quality comes at a premium. End of the day negotiations cannot be made over the phone, If you would have visited him then he would have shown you why he charges that money for the instalation, Because as far as I see it, Its PERFECT.
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 12:55   #47
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,500
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thouqeer View Post
hai listen buddy this price which incude 4 doors..no body can do for that price if u get good price its good for u
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Auto Fusion is the best installer I have experienced in Bangalore.
Thouqeer, you should fill out your details in the "Declarations" thread.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 13:17   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Thouqueer bhai, please post in the Declarations thread about what you and Autofusion do in the ICE world.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 02:20   #49
BHPian
 
Sheshagiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 80
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

In Bangalore I like getting my installs done at Pit Stop. You may want to check their prices. Reasonable and neat installation.
Sheshagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 10:48   #50
BHPian
 
mnhegde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B E N G A L U R U
Posts: 473
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

In Bangalore you definitely have some good options as there are many good installers. Calculate your budget and find some good person to do the installation job for you.

Last edited by mnhegde : 13th July 2008 at 10:50.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 10:58   #51
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri View Post
In Bangalore I like getting my installs done at Pit Stop. You may want to check their prices. Reasonable and neat installation.

Pit Stop did such a lousy job on my friends Lancer that we had it completely redone by Anwar.

If this is the same Anwar who was at St Marks Rd and now near Koramangala Club, then I can also confirm that he is fantastic. I have had more than 4-5 installations done there and he has ALWAYS done a great job, been very nice and the experience was pleasant.

Is it the same Anwar?
deepakvrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 11:12   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,092 Times
Default

Yes Deepak, he's the one.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 23:10   #53
BHPian
 
Sheshagiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 80
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

[quote=deepakvrao;901609]Pit Stop did such a lousy job on my friends Lancer that we had it completely redone by Anwar.
quote]
What happened at Pit Stop Deepak? I know the guys very well and can share feedback with them.
Sheshagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 02:06   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

pitstop is sunny right? He has good stuff but never got anythin installed at his place only got some wirin connected long back in my zen. That time i had the digital amplifiers by alpine and even the alpine dealer was not aware of how to tune it. So i dont blame sunny's guy for not doin it. Finally tuned them myself and then anwar tweaked them for me.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 02:44   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 380 Times
Default

Hi,

(1) I enqired abot ICE setp for safari at Ato fsion ( sorry my keyboard is stck so cant type letter yoo) adviced for components in both front and rear , I am not in mood to pt an amplifier to begin with and may decide to add Amp and Sbwoofer later .So the sggested ICE is

Alpine 9884 E : 13500
JBL GT5 650 C ( 2 pair) : 10000

And installation 2000 Rs extra

Is this setp worth going for ? Also as ther is no wiring to be done are installation charges jstified ?

(2) The other offer is from Sachins Ato shop near to Sai Baba temple Koramangla
Alpine 9884E : 13000
or
Pioneer 6050 :14300 ( 8200 Grey)

Front JBL GTO 608C : 5500 ( 6 Inch fits in teh OEM fitting)
Rear JBL GTO 637 : 3400
200 Rs for harness.

No Instalation charges involved , I may as well decide to go with all 4 components that is 608C for above setp

Do yo sggest it is worth going to Ato fsion with Above setp
specially when GT0 608C is 2008 Model and higher end then GT5 series.

Down the line I plan to add 4 ch amplifier and 8 inch bass tbe to the setp.
This is not de to money bt I am not really convinced if I really need an amplifier and sbwoofer at all.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 08:04   #56
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri View Post
What happened at Pit Stop Deepak? I know the guys very well and can share feedback with them.
This was long ago but my friend had a complete install with a sub [in the hat rack] and the sub was badly fitted - led to a lot of vibrations etc. Anwar redid the entire thing.
deepakvrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 09:11   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,173 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi,

(1) I enqired abot ICE setp for safari at Ato fsion ( sorry my keyboard is stck so cant type letter yoo) adviced for components in both front and rear , I am not in mood to pt an amplifier to begin with and may decide to add Amp and Sbwoofer later .So the sggested ICE is

Alpine 9884 E : 13500
JBL GT5 650 C ( 2 pair) : 10000

And installation 2000 Rs extra

Is this setp worth going for ? Also as ther is no wiring to be done are installation charges jstified ?

(2) The other offer is from Sachins Ato shop near to Sai Baba temple Koramangla
Alpine 9884E : 13000
or
Pioneer 6050 :14300 ( 8200 Grey)

Front JBL GTO 608C : 5500 ( 6 Inch fits in teh OEM fitting)
Rear JBL GTO 637 : 3400
200 Rs for harness.

No Instalation charges involved , I may as well decide to go with all 4 components that is 608C for above setp

Do yo sggest it is worth going to Ato fsion with Above setp
specially when GT0 608C is 2008 Model and higher end then GT5 series.

Down the line I plan to add 4 ch amplifier and 8 inch bass tbe to the setp.
This is not de to money bt I am not really convinced if I really need an amplifier and sbwoofer at all.

Buddy, I can say that the 'quality' of install at autoshop (Sachin's) is not all good. I got my S10's ICE done by him and till today the ICE doesn't sound good.

I would NOT suggest autoshop for the ICE install. Very nice and well mannered brothers though that run the show there.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 14:51   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 380 Times
Default

I am planning to get this done today itself.

The first question was if idea of heaving components in both front and rear is a good advice ?

About quality of installs.

All that is being offered is an HU ( alpine / pioner) and component Speakers ( GT5 - 650C from Auto Fusion and GTO 608 C from Auto shop)
to be installed in the door of Safari with the OEM wiring so how much of
difference install is going to make ?

There is no amplifier to tune and no custom boxes / MDF plank to be done and no RCA kit involved, Auto Fusion guy did not mention any sound dampning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Buddy, I can say that the 'quality' of install at autoshop (Sachin's) is not all good. I got my S10's ICE done by him and till today the ICE doesn't sound good.

I would NOT suggest autoshop for the ICE install. Very nice and well mannered brothers though that run the show there.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 15:47   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 380 Times
Default

Ok I called up Auto Fusion and got clarification that he will do damping by thermocol sheet and spacers, I guess for accomoating GT5 - 650C as it is 6 1/2 inch as against GTO 608C which is 6 inch speaker so need no modification from Stock housing of Safari.
So with this update please advice is it worth giving 2K for installing to insert a thermocol sheet behind the speakers instead of buying a right sized speaker itself ? My search on this forum shows GT0 series is better choice in JBL

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I am planning to get this done today itself.

The first question was if idea of heaving components in both front and rear is a good advice ?

About quality of installs.

All that is being offered is an HU ( alpine / pioner) and component Speakers ( GT5 - 650C from Auto Fusion and GTO 608 C from Auto shop)
to be installed in the door of Safari with the OEM wiring so how much of
difference install is going to make ?

There is no amplifier to tune and no custom boxes / MDF plank to be done and no RCA kit involved, Auto Fusion guy did not mention any sound dampning.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 16:33   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Amit, do you have an LX without ICE, or an EX with ICE that you want to replace?

In either case, you should first put some serious damping (with damping sheets) to the inside of the doorpad at least. Thermocol is not sufficient to stop the loud buzzess that this big momma of a doorpad makes at moderate to high volumes, even with a half-decent HU.

608 is 6"? Please check before committing yourself, the stock mounting location is for 5.25" - perhaps some minor scraping may be needed. Also, no point in putting components both front and rear - put the corresponding 2-way coax of the same make / family. (Rear doors don't have provision for mounting tweeters, so you will have to drill a hole to mount it)

You are right, for your current case any decent installer would be able to mount the HU and speakers with the existing Safari harness. Make sure that they use the right vehicle specific adapter to wire the HU to the harness, instead of cutting and splicing wires.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq) Glass Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 87 9th July 2013 19:50
Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced ajnagpur The Indian Car Scene 40 3rd June 2008 10:41
K&N , Exhaust and other mods through Perf. Auto. Pricing and tthe Should I factor zaphod Modifications & Accessories 24 26th August 2007 14:59
My new car Fusion or SRV EDIT: Now booked Fusion FancyPlayer Hatchbacks 77 30th January 2007 17:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks