Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th August 2008, 19:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thank you DerAlte, The vehical is new Lx about the tweeter for rear door he told that it will be installed comcealed in Door Trim.

Can any one provide a rough idea on how much of damping material would be required in Safari and what may be the approximate cost involved.
Do I need to go for some brand like 'Noisekill' or there are any locally available matrials as well.

Also while installation where exactly in door panel damping matrial should be placed and how much , asking because I may point out in case some thing is missing.

Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Amit, do you have an LX without ICE, or an EX with ICE that you want to replace?

In either case, you should first put some serious damping (with damping sheets) to the inside of the doorpad at least. Thermocol is not sufficient to stop the loud buzzess that this big momma of a doorpad makes at moderate to high volumes, even with a half-decent HU.

608 is 6"? Please check before committing yourself, the stock mounting location is for 5.25" - perhaps some minor scraping may be needed. Also, no point in putting components both front and rear - put the corresponding 2-way coax of the same make / family. (Rear doors don't have provision for mounting tweeters, so you will have to drill a hole to mount it)

You are right, for your current case any decent installer would be able to mount the HU and speakers with the existing Safari harness. Make sure that they use the right vehicle specific adapter to wire the HU to the harness, instead of cutting and splicing wires.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 15:25   #62

Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

( sorry my keyboard is stck so cant type letter yoo) adviced for
. Sorry man that was funny, sad may be but ...

By any chance is it Microsoft's . Most of my wireless keyboard keys got stuck, I had to open and lube it coconut oil .
GreenmachinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 19:21   #63

i had a complete overhaul of my ICE done 3 months back, (new comps, amp, sub etc.) from Autoshop on Koramangla. I can vouch for AUtoshop since my earlier setup was also done by them. I was happy with my old setup and even happier with the way they are now performing.
clean setup, great sound, reasonable prices, good equipment
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 11:39   #64

What happened at Pit Stop Deepak? I know the guys very well and can share feedback with them.
I did not have good experience with this 'seller' either.

Pit Stop - Sunny sold me a 4 channel amp telling it is a SoundStream amp. (It was written soundXtreme on it though). I was new to all these and and trusted the seller. (Also I was not on this forum so much at that time).

When I searched for the model in the website of Soundstream, no where it was mentioned. googled and found nothing of such thing i was sold. I asked him about this after 2-3 days and he said, "since this is a new model, it is not updated in websites. It is an amp from US company. It is 'powerfull than pioneer amps".
I am not sure, if the Kicker coaxial he sold me was also fake one.
His installer boys are not good either. they did not connect the proper ground of my HU at that time !

Sorry if the post is OT.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:22   #65
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Auto Fusion Pricing - Fair?

Originally Posted by thouqeer View Post
hai listen buddy this price which incude 4 doors damping......
Hi Thouqeer, Sanjay has given me your contact, I need to have a conical performance filter installed in my car which is a Swift 1.2k series non VVT petrol. I have contacted some dealers, some modifiers, but somehow price doesn't look to be justified and that truest factor is always there.. I don't know if you are still active here, if you are, please respond.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:22   #66
Default Re: Auto Fusion Pricing - Fair?

Just came in here to say that I recently (~2 weeks) got an Alpine HU installed at Auto Fusion (good workmanship) but had to settle for a non-OEM panel/fascia for the HU which costed ~1.2k rs.

I later ordered the OEM fascia (~235 rs.) via 99rpm (got the right finish/colour!) and headed over to Kumar's Auto (who's the importer of the Connects2 interface which wasn't in stock with Auto Fusion at the time) to swap it in and install the Connects2 interface.

I then called up @thouqeer right away and told him about my OEM panel and asked him whether I could exchange it for something else at his shop. He said yes and I headed to Auto Fusion right after. I couldn't find what I wanted at his shop (JOPASU mini-duster or a steel-footrest (over the 3M nomad mat) that fits my car) so I was refunded the amount in full.

I had also got my Focal Polyglass speakers installed here back in October '12. Good workmanship back then too. Would recommend / go again.
nareshov is offline   Reply With Quote