Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th July 2008, 12:35   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

As pointed out my Gopz, check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-img_0078.jpg .

The Blau unit has two 8inch. Steeroid uses one in his Safari. Will suggest a 10inch in sealed if it can go under the seat. Good subs that take less cu can be costly.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 16:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Can be a tight fit under some seats, but one can get avg. 0.6-0.7 cft boxes (internal volume) under the front seat, if there are no other obstructions.

Of the available 10"ers, only the ID 10" seems to fit the bill, as recommended in their data sheet. There may be others - do a box design with the T-S parameters.

@mohang_j, your box is shaping up real good.

Last edited by DerAlte : 13th July 2008 at 16:31.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 22:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@mohang_j, your box is shaping up real good.
Thank you DerAlte.It was possible with the guidance of you Navinji and other members of the forum.Will post all pics once i complete the box.
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 12:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Try contacting btirthankar, who would hovering around the travelogues section. I think, the sub in his Innova produces similar bass which you are looking for. The sub is from Kenwood, but I dont have any info on the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
7K is going to be tight - you will have to search a lot and select the right stuff. Be patient. You have to account for the cost of the box and cables also. Worst case: you may have to do it yourself if cost is a severe constraint. You can take inspiration to many who have done it themselves (check the "Sound off and Show off" and the DIY sections).
welcome to ICE section!!!
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 16:08   #20
BHPian

Default Compact Subwoofer for SX4 ZXi - Updated - Audible Dynamics Active subwoofer

pleased to inform you all that my search has ended.

I found Audible Dynamics powered subwoofer (C-PPD10). It has 2 10" drivers and is reasonably compact. I am not exactly sure of its wattage but it is more than adequate for me.

The bass is very good, just the amount I was looking for. Adds a rich texture to my car OEM car stereo.

The installation was done in 15 minutes. (The dealer even gave me a demo first).

The total cost = Rs. 8500. A bit over my initial budget but I think its certainly worth it

Attached are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Compact Subwoofer for SX4 ZXi-img_8453.jpg  

Compact Subwoofer for SX4 ZXi-img_8454.jpg  

Compact Subwoofer for SX4 ZXi-img_8455.jpg  

Compact Subwoofer for SX4 ZXi-img_8456.jpg  

Locomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 18:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ Loco - I notice you have the bass turned up all the way. This is bass boost and it must be pushing up 45 Hz by atleast 12dB in that position. For a little more balance in the bass, might want to consider turning that down a bit if not all the way. Even the crossover frequency is very high.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 19:00   #22
BHPian

Actually I have not set the bass at a very high level in the car stereo (level 2 out of 6). This gives me some flexibility to get more bass when required. I think this setting gives a very nice overall sound inside the cabin.

But I will surely try out your suggestion. Thanks

Can anyone throw some light on the 'gain' knob. At higher volumes the base does not sound good (almost distorted if i may add)?
Old 20th September 2008, 23:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
Actually I have not set the bass at a very high level in the car stereo (level 2 out of 6). This gives me some flexibility to get more bass when required. I think this setting gives a very nice overall sound inside the cabin.

But I will surely try out your suggestion. Thanks

Can anyone throw some light on the 'gain' knob. At higher volumes the base does not sound good (almost distorted if i may add)?
Loco
the bass is bound to distort
As Bass and trouble said - you have bass boost setting at max, hence if you also increase the gain you are probably asking too much of the poor built in amp- hence distortion.

try reducing the bass boost and then increasing the gain(not above 3/4 th though)

Set the crossover freq to about a 100 instead of the current 250
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 08:49   #24
BHPian

Heyy awesome thread. I too have a Sx4 Zxi. I have recently installed Jbl cs2165c component speakers in the front door. Next i wanna buy another set of component speakers which will be more powerfull, and fit them in the front door and shift the front speakers to the back.
After that i want to add an amp to the set up, so i was deciding between the Jbl Gto 504 and the Jbl Gto 1004 which is almost twice as powerfull as the Gto 504.
For the front speakers( the new set) i was thinking of buying JL Audio but the low end models are around 9k.. so do ur'll think it would be better to buy a low end model of JL Audio or buy another set of JBL say Gto 637 ??

Thanks...
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 13:55   #25

Default Bass Tube

Hey loco you can go for JBL CS1205T 12'' Bass Tube that can produce 1100 Watts at Peak and accompany it with an AMP. This would cost you somewhere around 10 to 12K.
Funk Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 16:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard View Post
Hey loco you can go for JBL CS1205T 12'' Bass Tube that can produce 1100 Watts at Peak and accompany it with an AMP. This would cost you somewhere around 10 to 12K.

Thanks. I just bought the audible dynamic powered subwoofer. I have uploaded pictures of it in this thread
Old 21st September 2008, 19:14   #27
BHPian

so...u don't require a sub for this ???

Total cost wud b Rs 8500 ???
shiva_cool87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_cool87 View Post
so...u don't require a sub for this ???

Total cost wud b Rs 8500 ???

Sorry I did not quite understand. I had started this tread as I did not know which sub to go for. Then I found the audible dynamics one (in the pics) and bought it for 8500. It is quite a good one. So I updated this thread.

Cheers
Old 1st October 2008, 12:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Who is the dealer you went to for Audible Dynamics?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 15:45   #30
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yupp even I would be interested in that.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote