Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 22:42   #31
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

@speedzak

Overall, considering all factors - SQ, Space utilisation etc, I think this is the best WagonR install :-)

You may always want a 12" sub in the boot or rear components etc etc etc but we will have compromise on the space and it just becomes a setup like 'any other' car. Not a unique setup like this!

Tell me if there is any other WagonR which has such a setup (saving almost 100% of the boot space)?
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 22:47   #32
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post

IMHO replace the 6x9's with the stock size coaxial's or HPF the rear (if not already done) and reduce the gain, sit on the rear seat and adjust accordingly and keep experimenting !!
Why would this be necessary? Satya has already done the magic with the tuning, and I know several other cars which have a similar setup, including Satya's Zen. I am sure it doesnt produce a lot of unwanted bass or high frequencies.

Those of you who have these doubts in your mind should audition the setup and then get convinced.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 23:36   #33
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post



You may always want a 12" sub in the boot or rear components etc etc etc but we will have compromise on the space and it just becomes a setup like 'any other' car. Not a unique setup like this!
Nobody wants to add anything here!
What is so unique about this setup? 10" sub? The Clarion HU? The rear 6X9s? The CRUNCH under the (cleaner's) seat?
Other than the sub under driver's seat, there's nothing much different from any other average install.

I am impressed with the front soundstage config in this car. That's the way a car should be ICEd. Full soundstage in the front. Wow! And the only thing responsible for this is the 10" sub under the driver's seat.
But the rear 6X9s and it's position takes all the beauty away from this install. It takes the whole thing to the last decade.

I'm very much known to increase people's budget always when it comes to ICE. So, here's it guys!
Please get Illusion coaxials of the same series as the components in the front. It will rock man! And get that round coaxials fitted in the rear doors. Tell Blueraven to sell it to somebody else and discount that amount from the install.


Note from Support - Smilie usage is restricted to 2 per post

Last edited by normally_crazy : 14th July 2008 at 11:09. Reason: Excessive Smilies
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 23:50   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

I'm very much known to increase people's budget always when it comes to ICE. So, here's it guys!
Please get Illusion coaxials of the same series as the components in the front. It will rock man! And get that round coaxials fitted in the rear doors. Tell Blueraven to sell it to somebody else and discount that amount from the install.
Relax guys, it's just an audio setup.
The truth about this setup is that the Speakers and Head unit were bought from the US by Javed (Wagon R owner) and I had no say as he really like the Idea of the Alpine speaker.
I don't tend to tell people to give away their newly bought stuff from other places brought to me for install as that makes me look like I am only there to sell more and more stuff. Not everyone is my core client to understand my intentions.
My motto in my showroom is to give Good Sound, and try my best to acheive it trying to stay within the customers mental limits and requirements, finances can be stretched most of the time.

Now, I don't know what I have sold that I could have sold to someone else.

Bottom line, all of us know a thing or two about Audio, but things are not always numbers and conventions, there is always some way of doing things a little out of the box, and that makes all the difference in any install. All things are not Black or White, Somethings can be grey too.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 23:51   #35
JPL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: XXXXX
Posts: 241
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Why would this be necessary? Satya has already done the magic with the tuning, and I know several other cars which have a similar setup, including Satya's Zen. I am sure it doesnt produce a lot of unwanted bass or high frequencies.

Those of you who have these doubts in your mind should audition the setup and then get convinced.
Lol bro, if you see my post "clearly" you may notice that I was replying to PatienceWins. I never said that it is necessary or it produces unwanted bass or high frequencies also !!

Edit: I never commented on your setup !!

Last edited by JPL : 13th July 2008 at 23:53.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 00:10   #36
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
What is so unique about this setup? 10" sub? The Clarion HU? The rear 6X9s? The CRUNCH under the (cleaner's) seat?
Other than the sub under driver's seat, there's nothing much different from any other average install.

The overall package is unique
which has all the above mentioned things without sacrificing boot space or SQ.

Yes, the 6x9s are connected directly to the HU and tuned in a way that it doesnt affect the rear passengers' ears. I feel it wont make much difference by removing them and installing compos on the door (because they are connected directly to the HU). Advice given which is valid, makes sense and gets apprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But the rear 6X9s and it's position takes all the beauty away from this install. It takes the whole thing to the last decade.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder! You havent listened to this install yet, so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I'm very much known to increase people's budget always when it comes to ICE.
WOW thats awesome, how much will you contribute towards this?

When the owner of the car & the professional installer know what they are doing, I dont understand why you would ask him to install compos and sell off the old speakers and remove the quarter glass install ... without even auditioning it... sounds funny to me, dude.

If Javed is satisfied with the install, I dont see any point in making him remove the quarter glass installa and go in for compos on the door, which will be a waste of time and effort (& money), unless he amps them.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 00:12   #37
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Bottom line, all of us know a thing or two about Audio, but things are not always numbers and conventions, there is always some way of doing things a little out of the box, and that makes all the difference in any install. All things are not Black or White, Somethings can be grey too.
I totally agree. One mans sweetness can be another man's poison!!! And there is a budget which has to be stretched too :-)

Last edited by gopz : 14th July 2008 at 00:16.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 08:16   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Acoustics is everything in a audio system, in a high end audio system, it can make or break the sound despite of good install quality.
Loss of SQ is when speakers are mounted in any position where the sound is cut off from the people in the vehicle, which is not the case here, with some tweaks on the HU settings these speakers IMO sound better than being on a parcel tray, due to being in a almost sealed and carpet and foam damped inside the speaker does not sound that loud and harsh, mids and lows along with irritating highs can become very disturbing for the rear passenger, hence we dont prefer install very bright sounding speakers on this mounting.
Thats a good info, thanks.

Would be glad to understand what tweaks were done in the HU? If its possible to put it down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
I had no say as he really like the Idea of the Alpine speaker.
I don't tend to tell people to give away their newly bought stuff from other places brought to me for install as that makes me look like I am only there to sell more and more stuff.

Bottom line, all of us know a thing or two about Audio, but things are not always numbers and conventions, there is always some way of doing things a little out of the box, and that makes all the difference in any install. All things are not Black or White, Somethings can be grey too.
I could agree with you there!

I'm no installer, but my 2 cents here. Most of the times, people tend to buy what they know, but the installer knows better regarding SQ and the setup tuning etc.

Please let the installer decide on the setup - HU speakers etc.. Just tell him the kind of music you listen to, volume levels and whether you want it real loud for your neighbour to hear etc..and finally your budget. They are the best guys to decide.

Also, no two similar setups sound the same in two different cars.

We buying the stuff and going to an installer for the install, IMO is not fair. We should accept the responsibility if the turnout is not effective.

And brands alone dont contribute to good setup or SQ!

Sorry for being critical, no offense to anyone.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:11   #39
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 249
Thanked: Once
Default

This is so amazing man, does Driven in Delhi does this kind of space saving? I went there last week, no one recommended this setup:(.

The quarter glass setup is so amazing, just a question woofer under driver's seat, does it give good bass and doesn't it shakes your *** too much?

Where in delhi can the same setup be done, i will go for this upgrade in next 6 months, will add a woofer and change the HU.

Current setup:

Illusion 4 inchers compos
Blaus gtx rears
Kenwood amp
Sony Xplod HU

Help help help!
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:29   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
This is so amazing man, does Driven in Delhi does this kind of space saving? I went there last week, no one recommended this setup:(.
Driven's done under seat subs since 2005. Not an issue. Re the quarter glass 6x9s.... they can, but they won't. If they do, they will be spanked. lol.

Some reasons why I would never do this:
- The safety issue. One may think the rear quarter glass is unnecessary but its not.
- 6x9s score over 6.5" or 5.25" speakers in the bass area. In a small sealed enclosure like the one used here, the 6x9 is not gonna have any edge over a smaller speaker.
- The rear passengers will almost always have one speaker within couple of inches of one ear and the other about 30" away.
- The relatively heavy 6x9 plus enclosure is not glued to the location. It has to be mounted (screw holes ?). Plus imagine it flying towards the front in an accident.

Last edited by gunbir : 14th July 2008 at 10:45.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:38   #41
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
The truth about this setup is that the Speakers and Head unit were bought from the US by Javed (Wagon R owner) and I had no say as he really like the Idea of the Alpine speaker.
I don't tend to tell people to give away their newly bought stuff from other places brought to me for install as that makes me look like I am only there to sell more and more stuff. Not everyone is my core client to understand my intentions.
I absolutely agree. You had no say and not everyone may understand your intentions when it comes to a good install.
Thanks Blueraven. These words put out the truth and reality of this install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post


Bottom line, all of us know a thing or two about Audio, but things are not always numbers and conventions, there is always some way of doing things a little out of the box, and that makes all the difference in any install. All things are not Black or White, Somethings can be grey too.
Hey! That's exactly the way any install would be. Grey! As long as it doesn't end up green and yellow.
A good installer will always stay in the boundaries and achieve the best sound suited for the car/person. I know you well and I'm sure you can achieve that with any good customer who is open to accept your ideas.

As headers said, buying our own stuff and then going to an expert is plane jane stupidity. There're many reasons to it but the major concern being that the installer's capability will be wasted to a good extent.
And it's very sad that this install is something similar.

@Gopz. Buddy, it's not always about listening/auditioning a setup. The equipment used in the install by itself gives one a fair idea of what it is going to be. After listening to many cars which had Blueraven's help in it's install, I kinda understand what it's like. I maybe wrong but this unique and can anybody beat this is a bit too much of boasting taken in the very wrong direction.
Yes! :
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:50   #42
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 249
Thanked: Once
Default

Appreciate the clarification Gunbir sir, i just got excited when i saw this as you know i was looking at ways to save space and the get rid of rattling tray. I will be coming to Driven again in sometime to get the woofer done under the seat, if you recommend that is a good way of doing it.

Also, will get my Esteem front speakers replaced, this time by good co-axials only

Many thanks again for your help that day, your coffee is due on me

Note from Support - Smilie usage is restricted to 2 per post.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 14th July 2008 at 11:08. Reason: Excessive smilies
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 11:01   #43
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

As headers said, buying our own stuff and then going to an expert is plane jane stupidity. There're many reasons to it but the major concern being that the installer's capability will be wasted to a good extent.
And it's very sad that this install is something similar.
Let me clarify something here, we did consult the installer before purchasing the HU from the US and in fact it was through Satya that we got an additional discount as well. Satya was suggesting eFX 6x9s but Javed chose Alpine.

The other things were supplied by the installer, except Illusion audio which we got from B&T.

Now..tell me, what is 'plane jane stupidity' in this install? And, what exactly (in this install) has wasted the installers capability? Have you auditioned this car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@Gopz. Buddy, it's not always about listening/auditioning a setup. The equipment used in the install by itself gives one a fair idea of what it is going to be. After listening to many cars which had Blueraven's help in it's install, I kinda understand what it's like. I maybe wrong but this unique and can anybody beat this is a bit too much of boasting taken in the very wrong direction.
Yes! :
Get a life, dude! Just by looking at a few pics, and sitting miles away, You can get to know about a quarter glass install with speakers connected directly to a Clarion HU which I am sure you not even have seen/heard before (and dont know how its tuned by the installer)...You must be a genius in terms of car audio...!!!

I am sure you've heard of the old saying "Assumption is the mother of all screw ups". Dude, listen to a quarter glass install and then come back to this thread and comment :-) Remember...all the magic lies in the tuning & the installer's skills.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 11:01   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
As headers said, buying our own stuff and then going to an expert is plane jane stupidity. There're many reasons to it but the major concern being that the installer's capability will be wasted to a good extent.
I really believe this: A good installer is like a doctor. Give him your symptoms, let him suggest the cure. It is then his responsibility to ensure you are satisfied. But people tend to use them like chemists sometimes. In which case, you just get what you wanted and if it sounds awful, it isn't his responsibility.

That said I dig all of Satya's work. It always has great finish and the customer always seems satisfied.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 11:34   #45
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

One dumb question, how much space did this install really save by removing the tray and getting the speakers in the 1/4glass? All it does is gives the install a fancy look.

IMO,Its really not possible to safely stuff up the boot with luggage over the height of the rear seats? how often this car is stuffed to that extent? even in such a scenario detachable parcel tray could be used.

Yet again were 6x9's really needed? when you had the compo's,the same amount could have been saved and used for damping. As of now its mentioned they are being run by the HU hence the compo's will over power the coax
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Space Saver Spare Tyre for the BMW X1 dinu2506 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 14 10th June 2015 14:09
Sparko Hi-Tech Petrol Saver Sidman Motorbikes 24 14th November 2014 03:53
Simple Space Saver Install for a WagonR blueraven316 In-Car Entertainment 26 8th September 2007 13:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks