Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd July 2008, 23:00   #1
BHPian

Smile Help For ICE'ing The Fiesta

Hi All,
I'm one of the noobie's in the ICE section of Team-BHP.I have read through loads of posts on setups,optimizations,better pump and juice.
Troubled nitrous,praveen_v,blueraven enough to help them with my setup.
To be frank this is the first custom ice setup.Till present it's been my dad and uncle doing the setup in all the cars or else it was the company fitted setup.This time with firm determination and lots of thinking i want to create a setup that "rocks the body":-)
This setup is for my new found love,The Newly launched the Ford Fiesta.
Have written my Initial Ownership Review.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...fida-i-am.html (Go Fida ! I am...:-))

Now Coming to the ICE.
I would like to clearly explain what i want the car to have in terms of equipment and also the various setups i have thought of and what i expect of the ICE.I don't mind Grey stuff as long as they're genuine products.The total budget is about 20k.I'm sure i'll shoot past it,still fixing my stand.

Head Unit
I was initally looking for a complete fill in the dash,that is a Dual Din HU,
but later have started looking for a single din player as i thought i could use the second tray to place an auxillary unit like the USB player or Ipod.
I want usb compatibility and bluetooth if possible.
My Budget is about 8-10k for the HU.I'm looking at Pioneer,Alpine or Clarion.Don't mind spending a little more on the Head Unit.

As of now i have thought of Premium Pioneer Head Units
The models i have seen are P5050ub,Pioneer Deh 6950,Deh p6050ub,deh 7050bt and dual din fh-p6050ub
Speakers

I want the Speakers to deliver good output even on maxing out the volume.no disturbance or screeching and don't want it to turn noisy at high volumes.The Fiesta takes in 5 inchers in the front and 6x9 at the rear.
I Have Thought Of Jbl,Infinity,Boston,Polk.
The front being components and rears co-ax.
The Budget I have in mind is about 5-6k for the speakers.
Things i Have in mind are:
JBL GTO 937,GTO-507
Polk db6501,momo mmc690.

Amplifier
I Have an old Pioneer 4 Channel Amp which has always proved its worth by giving good output in my old honda city.
I plan to retain it in the current setup.
After reading through the forums i'm thinking if i should get a 2 Channel AMP and bridge it with this current amp and connect the Sub to this unit.
I have no idea on how these AMP's are priced.
Things i Have in mind are
JBL GT5-604
JBL cs60.2-channel amp
or JBL cs300.1
Sub-Woofer
I have seen some of the Kicker and JBL sub's and tubes.Have also visited there site for India. JBL - harman/kardon - Infinity - Denon ProDJ | FX Audio | Dealers in India...
I'm still confused whether to buy one with an enclosure or make an enclosure.Don't want to spend too much on the sub as i'm going to make max use of it only during the weekends.
JBL loaded enclosure GTO 1204BR
JBL box cs1204b
Jbl gt 4 10
or any others
Tweeters
I Have two pioneer tweeters and two small pioneer speakers that were previously fixed near the sun visors.I dunno if they're good enough to be retained at the same time dont mind changing them.

Wires and Cables
I plan to install good branded wiring from monster,ground zero or any premium wiring.

Ground zero 8 gauge kit which comes with a 10mm square power wire

Installation
As of now i plan to get all the things and take it to Technokrat for the install.My friend happens to know an installer named Bala and i have also read about him in TB

Now the ball is everyone's court and want you'll to advice.
I owe it to this site for my ear for ICE.
Looking forward to all your advice and a great setup.I'm planning to get the install done in the first week of august.
manjith_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 08:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

I'd stay away from those pioneer tweeters, especially if they are TS 20's !

Have the speaker locations changed ? they used to be 5x7 both front and rear!
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 13:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Pio 5050UB =Rs. 6600
JBL 507C + JBL 937=Rs. 6500+
JBL GT5-12 sub+sealed enclosure+grille =Rs. 4000
Please don't bring those pioneer tweeters/small speakers anywhere close to this install.
Ground Zero wiring kit =Rs.3000
Technokrat install = just labour is Rs.2000 . Speaker spacer rings,amp board,speaker wires, RCA ,etc would be extra at a premium price.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 21:40   #4
BHPian

I have not much idea about the stock locations.Will Check and let you'll know.thank you nitrous for the detailed setup.pls suggest good tweeters.will check out about the install anyway.
Old 24th July 2008, 22:46   #5
BHPian

Yeah, the stock locations are 5x7 at front and back. The front can take a 5 1/4" with spacer. same for the rear.

Manjith, what nitrous suggested will be the best bang for the buck!!

Dont go for standalone tweeters. Get component speakers for the front (the Jbl 507c). They come with woofer+tweeter+crossover.
The cross-over will separate out the high-frequency and give it to the tweeters and the mid's to the woofer giving you a much better clarity than a normal co-axial speaker+standalone tweeter combo.

What's the model of your Pioneer amp?? what are it's specifications??
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 11:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
I have not much idea about the stock locations.Will Check and let you'll know.thank you nitrous for the detailed setup.pls suggest good tweeters.will check out about the install anyway.
I've pm'ed you manjith!
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 18:31   #7
BANNED

Default 6X9 not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Pio 5050UB =Rs. 6600
JBL 507C + JBL 937=Rs. 6500+
JBL GT5-12 sub+sealed enclosure+grille =Rs. 4000
Please don't bring those pioneer tweeters/small speakers anywhere close to this install.
Ground Zero wiring kit =Rs.3000
Technokrat install = just labour is Rs.2000 . Speaker spacer rings,amp board,speaker wires, RCA ,etc would be extra at a premium price.
This is a good config Mr. Nitrous has posted. I'd suggest you follow it except that bold part.
Don't spend on a 6X9 as you've a sub in your setup. Buy a Gt5 coaxial for half it's price and spend the balance on some thing else.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 20:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Instead of the 507 in the front, check out the new Gto8 series from jbl. And pls try to get 6/6.5" comps in the front, i feel it'll be much better.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 21:52   #9
BHPian

Thank you all for the response.really nice to know that so many people are thinking for my setup.i'll go with nitrous said.I want to go for the 6050ub instead and speedzak dint understand your suggestion of gt5 coax.jayd pls also tell me whats the main difference between the previous series and the new series.
Old 26th July 2008, 22:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
speedzak dint understand your suggestion of gt5 coax

What he meant is that, since you are goung in for a sub, a 6X9 is not eeded at the rear, a normal Round Coaxial speaker would be sufficient, use the money saved to get better comps in the front.

Quote:
jayd pls also tell me whats the main difference between the previous series and the new series.
Pls check out this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-8-series.html
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 22:40   #11
BHPian

Thank you JayD.Really nice of you for the instant reply.Planning to get the system fit next weekend.Still confused.i like the setup nitrous has suggested but the thing is should i go in for a 2 channel sub to drive the sub.
Old 27th July 2008, 06:42   #12
BANNED

Don't buy a 2channel SUB to drive the sub! LOL!
Instead buy a 4channel amp for 6-7k. Power the front components with 2channels and use the other 2channels in bridged mode for the sub.
Rear speakers (avoid 6X9s and buy a better amp with that money) can be powered directly from the HU.
Well done! You've got an amazing setup!
When shall we get to see it?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 12:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey! Instead of the 507 in the front, check out the new Gto8 series from jbl. And pls try to get 6/6.5" comps in the front, i feel it'll be much better.
It will not be easy to fix a 6.5" in the front since the fiesta's stock location is mid-way up the door and not at the bottom. It might come in the way of windows and might involve some metal cutting to get the 6.5" driver into the 5x7 location. One can add two spacers, but this will cause the speaker to project into the cabin and the stock doorpad grill have to be removed, which again is not circular but an awkward shape.

Better to stick with 5 1/4" speakers. I am not sure about 6" but fitting 6 1/2 inch will require some expertise, which chennai installers clearly lack.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 20:09   #14
BHPian

i think i'll go with 507 in the front as i'd like to stick to the stock location,937 at the back(hopefully no cutting),gt-5 12 sub,my existing amp and also a jbl 2 channel amp.i'm still thinking of the hu.moreover should i get the sub and the amp later.
will first source the equipment and later tell you about the install.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
i think i'll go with 507 in the front as i'd like to stick to the stock location,937 at the back(hopefully no cutting),gt-5 12 sub,my existing amp and also a jbl 2 channel amp.i'm still thinking of the hu.moreover should i get the sub and the amp later.
will first source the equipment and later tell you about the install.
Got your message manjith. Like you said where you goin to source the equipment and where you going to install it. Let us know so that we can also have some idea about the price and installer.

cheers
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote