Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th July 2008, 18:15   #1
BHPian

Default Good rear speakers for the Fabia

Folks,

I need some recommendations on a good set of rear speakers for the Fabia. What brand, specifications should I be looking at? I just want the 2 rear speakers and nothing more as I am not a big audiophile.

Also, can I get these fitted at any car accessory shop or should I go to the dealer; does it have any side affects on the warranty? Does the car come pre-wired for the rear speakers or does it need new wires running from the deck? Should I choose any specific cables?

I am also travelling to the US next week, so I can pick up any ones which might be cheaper or easily available there.

Thanks in advance
saraf_suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 20:41   #2
BHPian

Minor clarification - It is the 'Classic' trim.
Old 25th July 2008, 20:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

do you know what the stock locations are ? or are ( and can ) you replace the rear parcel tray with an MDF one and put in 6x9's ?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 20:51   #4
BHPian

From what I can see, the rear doors have space for tweeters and the space in the boot, above the wheel arches has space for rear speakers. I think the biggest that can fit in is 4" (10cms) ones.

I would avoid replacing the parcel tray with a MDF one
Old 25th July 2008, 22:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

i think your door can take 5 1/2 inchers. if your car came with speakers for the front, I'd recommend you put the stock ones in the back and new ones in the front ( if you want to music to sound better in front) . if whoever wants to listen to the music is going to be in hte back seat ,then the new ones go in the rear.
which option do you prefer ?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 16:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

I got my fabia Morel speakers. Have Morel dotech comps in front with 5" morel pulse coax for rear doors. Both front and rear needed half inch spacers. Driven by alpine v-power amp, must say the sound is awesome for the price. Nice, clean, punchy, with amazing off axis response which is great for imaging. In short the sound u get is more like surround sound with feeling of live music right in front of you. Listen to them as well.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:43   #7
BHPian

Was the car pre-wired for the rear speakers or did you need to run a wire from the head unit?