Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 31st July 2008, 13:54   #1
BHPian

Default Audison or Monster

Hi Guru's

Please suggest me which one should be a better one:
I am planning to go for GTO 1004 and GTO 3501. Then I would like to use Monster Interconnect for the Audio from my P80 HU. I would like to use from the higher/middle level of Monster either 200 or 400 (pro) series.

What would be the cost of Monster Interconnect RCA (200 and Pro Series)?

Sprocket Hyderabad quoted me a price of 1200 for Monster it seems they would be from 100 Series (4 channel).

But for the Amp powers I would like to use Audison 4AWG kit and distribution box. But I couldn't find any distributors in India. Can you please help me where Can I get them in Hyderabad or India.

Please planning to go for installation next week.
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 08:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Raju, I am not sure about the prices quoted, but rest assured Monster and Audison are very reputed for their wiring - just have to be original.

I have checked out the stuff at Sprocket and they are alright, you can go ahead and buy the Monsters.

I understand that you are not able to find Audison in Hyderabad - if you are particular about it, you can always PM Gunbir who is the distributor for it.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 09:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
What would be the cost of Monster Interconnect RCA (200 and Pro Series)?
But for the Amp powers I would like to use Audison 4AWG kit and distribution box. But I couldn't find any distributors in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I have checked out the stuff at Sprocket and they are alright, you can go ahead and buy the Monsters.
I understand that you are not able to find Audison in Hyderabad - if you are particular about it, you can always PM Gunbir who is the distributor for it.
Monster is better distributed than Audison. But between the 2 for interconnects I believe the Audison offer better VFM. For power cable if you cant find the Audison kit, another option is the Ground Zero kit and if you want to DIY a bit you can simple use a good ISI stamped power cable from Polycab, Finolex etc..
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Monster is a reputed brand but from past experience, I'd say buy the Audison wires, their wire and install accessory quality is very good. Need be get it shipped from Gunbir, it might take about 3 days but is well worth it.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Monster is a reputed brand but from past experience, I'd say buy the Audison wires, their wire and install accessory quality is very good. Need be get it shipped from Gunbir, it might take about 3 days but is well worth it.
Thanks Satya, I have already PM gunbir for the same. I am waiting for the response. So once I get the details, I will try to procure them from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Monster is better distributed than Audison. But between the 2 for interconnects I believe the Audison offer better VFM. For power cable if you cant find the Audison kit, another option is the Ground Zero kit and if you want to DIY a bit you can simple use a good ISI stamped power cable from Polycab, Finolex etc..
Thanks Naveenji, it's a professional installation (going for Damping as well) so I would like to use the Audison power kit instead of using Finolex cables (I have lot of them with me, since I recently completed my house and they are lying everywhere)
Old 1st August 2008, 11:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

For RCA you can use Sommer, Neutrik plugs nothing can beat that. and will not cost a bomb.

For power use Finolex, Havells...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 11:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But for the Amp powers I would like to use Audison 4AWG kit and distribution box. But I couldn't find any distributors in India. Can you please help me where Can I get them in Hyderabad or India.

Please planning to go for installation next week.
I am using Audison 4AWG amp wiring kit. It is very good as per the feedback I have got from Anwar (Autofusion), Gunbir etc. Gunbir would be able to help you.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 12:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
For RCA you can use Sommer, Neutrik plugs nothing can beat that. and will not cost a bomb.
LBM, You have already suggested them, If I am not wrong then you suggested me Supra Cables and Neutrik plugs. I checked the price of Neutrik Gold platted RCA plugs when I was in Sweden. They quoted me the price of 159 SEK (1400 Rupees for one Pair) and 259 SEK (1820 Rupees for two pairs) and I needed about 6 pairs in total so the total cost 1820 * 3 = 5460 Rupees plus the cost of the cable. So when I calculated last it came out 10K for just interconnect cables.

For me it was a bomb then.....Yeah the bombs are not costly anymore as you can find them in every nook and corner of the city :-)
Old 1st August 2008, 16:26   #9
BHPian

I'd recently purchased neutrik terminals for my friend's Pro Audio system, a pair of gold plated male RCA terminals costed roughly Rs. 150/-
I'm sure there's a variety of models available tho, I guess these were the entry level gold plated ones..

Last edited by shrivz : 1st August 2008 at 16:29.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:17   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Go for Audison. Monster is simply an overkill.

Audison / Acoustic Research / RCA are all same brands from Audiovox. I have seen their quality is at par with the Monster cables and the prices are way lesser.

I myself have used Acoustic Research PRO II.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, You have already suggested them, If I am not wrong then you suggested me Supra Cables and Neutrik plugs. I checked the price of Neutrik Gold platted RCA plugs when I was in Sweden. They quoted me the price of 159 SEK (1400 Rupees for one Pair) and 259 SEK (1820 Rupees for two pairs) and I needed about 6 pairs in total so the total cost 1820 * 3 = 5460 Rupees plus the cost of the cable. So when I calculated last it came out 10K for just interconnect cables.

For me it was a bomb then.....Yeah the bombs are not costly anymore as you can find them in every nook and corner of the city :-)
Oh ho..nahi nahi..check out this post you will understand what I am saying..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/466465-post741.html
Old 1st August 2008, 18:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Oh ho..nahi nahi..check out this post you will understand what I am saying..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/466465-post741.html
Thats great LBM, but how soon can I get this stuff and whom should I contact. I see neutrik are being distributed by Pro-media India and how about the sommer cables.
Old 1st August 2008, 22:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats great LBM, but how soon can I get this stuff and whom should I contact. I see neutrik are being distributed by Pro-media India and how about the sommer cables.
I got the stuff from Ajay Bhai (Bass&Trouble) `s friend. I would advice to PM him for the same.
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:06   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Go for Audison. Monster is simply an overkill.

Audison / Acoustic Research / RCA are all same brands from Audiovox. I have seen their quality is at par with the Monster cables and the prices are way lesser.

I myself have used Acoustic Research PRO II.
AR and RCA may be together, Connection Audison is not. At least not as far as I know.

I have used some Audison stuff myself. It is not as good as monster, it is simply better.
Lastly it is NOT necessarily cheaper than Monster. Sure Acoustic research and RCA are, Audison is as expensive, if not more tham monster.
If my choices were Audison and Monster, Audison would win. Easy.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:13   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
AR and RCA may be together, Connection Audison is not. At least not as far as I know.
Audiovox Electronics Corporation has the follwoing brands
Audiovox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Audivox added RCA-Thomson to it's stable last year.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote