Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th August 2008, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Default Double Din DVD in my honda Accord v6 AT

Dear all,

I am a newbie to this forum,but its quite encouraging to see an Indian site with such great features.I wish all the best to you guys and will try my best and contribute to make it a sucess.
After a lot of search on the internet and car audio shops I have finally managed to install Sony xav-W1 double din touchsreen DVD player in my Honda Accord v6 AT.I tried to hook up the factory palyer with itrip to ipod..but there was a lot of disturbance in it.So i decided to install the sony xav-w1 which can paly dvds and also has an aux out to which i ve hooked my Ipod.I had to get the casing fabricated especially for the accord.I got rid of the factory chubby box and installed the casing with a similar wooden finish.This is the link for the final picture Picasa Web Albums - Kedar Walke - Honda Accord ...
(coz i dont know how do i upload the pic in this thread)

Dont you guys think it looks like the sony palyer is company fitted?

Now next job is to modd the headlights....will post very soon

Cheers.

Note From Team-Bhp: Please refer this thread How to Upload Pictures directly to Team-Bhp
Attached Thumbnails
Double Din DVD in my honda Accord v6 AT-09082008218.jpg  

Double Din DVD in my honda Accord v6 AT-10082008219.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th August 2008 at 18:58. Reason: See note in post
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 15:09   #2
BHPian

Looks neat. Any reason for selecting a Sony?
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 15:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think Accord Dual Din consoles are available,you just need to remove the current Head unit and fix the console with Dual din player.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 15:18   #4
BHPian

Sony coz its loaded with features,I have connected two 15" Double voice coil JBL Subwoofers & a mono 901 GTO JBL amplifier and a sony xplod 2 channel amp.And the output is awesome.Also VAlue for money came to across 30K and it comes with a 2 year warranty.Pioneer was close to 50 K and alpine around 60 K.......

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th August 2008 at 15:32.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Sony coz its loaded with features,I have connected two 15" Double voice coil JBL Subwoofers & a mono 901 GTO JBL amplifier and a sony xplod 2 channel amp.And the output is awesome.Also VAlue for money came to across 30K and it comes with a 2 year warranty.Pioneer was close to 50 K and alpine around 60 K.......
The JVC AVX series is probably better VFM this side if 30K. The AVX800 has Time Alignment and stuff that is really good. All said and done, if you are happy wth the output and pleases your ears, thats what is most important. Happy listening.

Good you did not seek advice before you went for the Sony. There is no way the Gurus would have let you pick that up.
Old 13th August 2008, 20:12   #6
BHPian

Assume you lose that CD storage place? or does it flip up?
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 08:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Assume you lose that CD storage place? or does it flip up?
No, its a 2 din fixed screen with Tilt feature.
Old 16th August 2008, 12:26   #8
evo
BHPian

Hi Kedarwalke,

The fixing is damn neat.

But what about the stock one? Is that also connected?
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 11:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
The JVC AVX series is probably better VFM this side if 30K. The AVX800 has Time Alignment and stuff that is really good. All said and done, if you are happy wth the output and pleases your ears, thats what is most important. Happy listening.

Good you did not seek advice before you went for the Sony. There is no way the Gurus would have let you pick that up.
i would say that sony is better since for the same amount of money u get the unit with 2 year piece of mind(warranty) minus some audio features plus a brilliant display better than a jvc.just my personal opinion
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 12:33   #10
BHPian

Yeh the stock unit is very much functional.....and yes the display of Sony is very crisp!!!!
Old 18th August 2008, 18:45   #11
BHPian

Default steering controls

where can i find an adapter with which i can use the steering wheel controls?steering wheel control interface allows you to retain the use of your steering wheel when replacing the factory head unit!!Where do i get one in Mumbai....its there for around 2.5K on net but some1 in Mumbai quoted 7.5K for it...please help
Old 18th August 2008, 22:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
where can i find an adapter with which i can use the steering wheel controls?steering wheel control interface allows you to retain the use of your steering wheel when replacing the factory head unit!!Where do i get one in Mumbai....its there for around 2.5K on net but some1 in Mumbai quoted 7.5K for it...please help
You can get the PAC SWI-X module for like 5.5k in mumbai which will retain your steering mounted audio controls even with an after market HU. Its available at FM Drive near Khar Subway in Mumbai

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 18:45   #13
BHPian

are your speakers stock? you've mentioned only the two woofers and the amp.
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 23:49   #14
BHPian

i dnt rem the odel but its ?Jbl and front comps are also Jbl...paid around 6K for the rear speakers and 4.5K for the amps...Gurus plz help me if it is advisable to go in for just one 15" DVC?coz m loosing on the space and also m nt getting the desired effect!!!
Old 21st August 2008, 10:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

@kedarwalke, please pay attention to your typing style - it is making your post difficult to read.

What is it that you want from the subs? SPL level loudness? Execution machine for rear seat passengers (a la LBM's steed)? Replacement for the engine? "Wake up the neighborhood" bass? Whoomf-whoomf head turning bass or bass like the dhol player is standing on the dash?

Unless you decide on what you really want, it will be difficult for anyone to suggest anything. Most people are usually happy with a 12" sub.

Those that have 15"ers, use only one (e.g. Flying_bong). Those that want ***POWER***, use powerful amps and 1 industrial-grade sub, e.g. like our own desi champ - Bhai LBM Singhji Freedabadwale.

The DVC part is for connection convenience - you may be ignoring other properties of the sub and box, which are leaving you dissatisfied.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote