Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 13:06   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile Remote for Music Console of i10 Sportz

hi all. please help me out. Just got an i10 sportz which comes with a company fitted music console. Now the problem is that no remote is provided and this really bugs my wife since she sits in the back seat with the driver in front.
So the question - Can a get a remote for the console? If yes, what kind? and where can i find it in Mumbai?
Please help guys... wifey is waiting!!!!
passioncool74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 13:14   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

OEM HUs rare have remote controls. you'll have to change the HU.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 19:08   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Some OE HUs have a provision for a wired remote, but never provide one. One has to look at the HU manual that came with the car to figure that out.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:48   #4
zma
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: kottayam
Posts: 25
Thanked: 0 Times
Default dont mess with oe hu

i have an oe hu in my hand now.as i have changed the oe hu..dont see any wired remote option..
plus the ic and the components inside are pretty much china made with no brand..so dont mess with it.enjoy what u r now getting.
i had made a 4 chanel preout from the ic..but ultimately had to replace the hu for making the other componets instaled to be worthy.
zma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:40   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Ummm.
How about checking 1stly which HU is it.

And try the remote which is provided with similar HUs.
I guess most bhpians would be ready to help you.
Or else you can try for a universal remote.
Though it is meant for the steering, what's the harm in using it off the steering.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 00:49   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Ummm.
How about checking 1stly which HU is it.

And try the remote which is provided with similar HUs.
I guess most bhpians would be ready to help you.
Or else you can try for a universal remote.
Though it is meant for the steering, what's the harm in using it off the steering.
In order to use an aftermarket remote, the hu should have an ir reciever in it right? Does the current one have it? I think a better option would be to replace it with an aftermarket unit.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 18:42   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 187
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zma View Post
i have an oe hu in my hand now.as i have changed the oe hu..dont see any wired remote option..
plus the ic and the components inside are pretty much china made with no brand..so dont mess with it.enjoy what u r now getting.
i had made a 4 chanel preout from the ic..but ultimately had to replace the hu for making the other componets instaled to be worthy.
so you changed the OE HU in i10 Sportz with a new one? cool, I'm told it can't be done since the OE HU comes integrated with the central dash console?

Can you post some pics and share the details on the new setup, with costs please.

Thanks in advance

Shanky
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 19:04   #8
BHPian
 
Su-47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 624
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
OEM HUs rare have remote controls. you'll have to change the HU.
OT: the OEM HU in Ritz comes with a Remote.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 10:33   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
OT: the OEM HU in Ritz comes with a Remote.
I think that is a JVC system provided by Maruti. By OEM we are tlaking about systems like the one in the Honda City V.
http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com/pdfs...I-Ritz-Low.pdf
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 21:40   #10
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I think that is a JVC system provided by Maruti. By OEM we are tlaking about systems like the one in the Honda City V.
http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com/pdfs...I-Ritz-Low.pdf
The JVC double-din HU is offered as an optional add-on in the additional accessories list for the Ritz by MSIL. It does not come stock with the car for sure. IIRC, the Ritz Vxi/Vdi and Zxi come with dash-integrated Nippon HU as OE fitment just like in the Swift/DZire and the SX4. And yes it does come bundled with a remote

cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 13th November 2009 at 21:44.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help-Fitting remote control to the OE Innova music system VEA In-Car Entertainment 11 15th October 2014 10:01
DIY: Adding a Remote level control/ Bass remote to your Amplifier HimuraKenshin In-Car Entertainment 8 11th April 2012 16:59
i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa) Vs i10 Sportz (1.2 Kappa) MutantX Hatchbacks 52 12th September 2010 00:55
Need Help-Fitting Remote Control to OE Innova music system VEA In-Car Entertainment 1 29th January 2008 19:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks