Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 12:35   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
i would like to add my opinion regading the idq.panky as gunbir said idq v3 is your kinda woofer.you are a bass lover and want your set up to be loud and low.idq v2 will NEVER sound the way that you want.they are absolute sq subs.
i hope you still remember my offer to LBM regarding those subs.it was my bad luck that he had only one .if he had two of them i would have bought them that very moment.
to be honest i dont like the new v3.i would any day pick up a v2 against a v3(i being more of an sq guy).i am yet to hear a sub which blends and dissapear the way v2 does(in that price range).FANTASTIC sub!!!!!
it all depends on once need.just my opinion.
I'm sorry to say you are fully confused.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:41   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Rainbow : Looked very rich.. but the sound was so "laid back" that even after the treble was set to MAX, hardly any highs were audible in a rock #. I actually wondered if the tweeters were attached to the crossover or if there was a broken wire, but sadly that was not the case..tweets were attached :(

5. Ground Zero (Radioactive series 12") : One word - P.E.R.F.E.C.T ; Excellent blend of SQ and SPL - S.Q.L. to be precise.

6. Image Dynamics (IDQ) : Going by the reputation, I was inclined on having them as my second priority.. build quality was good.. I powered this sub in a sealed box, through 2 channels bridged off my JBL 75.4 (284 W RMS to a 300 W RMS sub)..the output was very low when compared to the other subs.. It was playing ok nothing much great. There was absolutely no kick just a good low end. When played with the front stage, the over all experience was very bad in the songs which had fast paced music. But was good with songs with long and continuous bass.
Disaapointed.. Rejected.
First of all Panky congrats on your SPL setup. Very sexy looking enclosure that is specially the ports.

Regarding rainbow being laid back can you please tell me which series did you auditioned ? The SAX 265.20 are not at all laid back i can assure that.

Secondly when your were looking for SPL i think you should not have even considered iDQ that too in a sealed box in a SEDAN. Its not a SPL sub.

Some questions:
- Price of JBL mono ?
- In the below pic is that the grounding point ?
- Under the port i can see white PIPE is that the sewerage pipe that is commonly used or something else ?
Attached Images
 
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:01   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
First of all Panky congrats on your SPL setup. Very sexy looking enclosure that is specially the ports.

Regarding rainbow being laid back can you please tell me which series did you auditioned ? The SAX 265.20 are not at all laid back i can assure that.

Secondly when your were looking for SPL i think you should not have even considered iDQ that too in a sealed box in a SEDAN. Its not a SPL sub.

Some questions:
- Price of JBL mono ?
- In the below pic is that the grounding point ?
- Under the port i can see white PIPE is that the sewerage pipe that is commonly used or something else ?
Firstly it is a SQL setup not a SPL one. So the choices taken by Panky are total justified.

We are not taliking about SAX 265.20 here I think it is the SLC 265.65 NG. So dont jump on your conclusion on your own.

ID clearly mentions....

The IDQ V.2 continues the very sucessful competition record of the original IDQ subwoofers. They feature increased SPL output and significantly smaller enclosure requirements. The all dual voice coil IDQ V.2 series have increased excursion, larger motor structures and higher power handling allowing them to play louder and lower with reduced distortion.

The V.2 series of ultra-low frequency transducers satisfy both the hard-core entusiast and the audio expert with uncolored bass reproduction, impressive dynamics, proper tonal quality and bone crushing SPL.

Maybe we are looking it in a different way.

Some Answers
  • I do not know the price
  • Yes it the grounding point and amp is running very nicely no tripping extra is observed even when played at high volumes.
  • Yes it is the sewer pipe put to a very good use. (I do not understand why people cant take things in a constructive way than a destructive way)
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:05   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The IDQ V.2 continues the very sucessful competition record of the original IDQ subwoofers. They feature increased SPL output and significantly smaller enclosure requirements. The all dual voice coil IDQ V.2 series have increased excursion, larger motor structures and higher power handling allowing them to play louder and lower with reduced distortion.

The V.2 series of ultra-low frequency transducers satisfy both the hard-core entusiast and the audio expert with uncolored bass reproduction, impressive dynamics, proper tonal quality and bone crushing SPL.
For sure that text is very old. Whats the source?
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:27   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
- Under the port i can see white PIPE is that the sewerage pipe that is commonly used or something else ?
Extruded PVC Drain Pipe. Sandaas Pipe. Whatever you may call it, its correct. We unfortunately cannot afford branded ports which do the same thing (actually lesser things, because if you decide to can the enclosure, you cant use those ports to do your 'sewerage'), and cost a lot more.

And its not under the port. It is the port. The Aluminium top part is just a flared mouth.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:28   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
For sure that text is very old. Whats the source?

The Image Dynamics Store

NOTE :- I have no intention or am no way defaming a product, so please keep the discussion that way. Please it is a request.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 19th September 2008 at 16:32.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:35   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Congrats Panky!! Insane SPL stuff.
Post more pics, i know u have more.

How much decibel is this setup? I'm sure LBM must have checked.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:43   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congrats Panky!! Insane SPL stuff.
Post more pics, i know u have more.

How much decibel is this setup? I'm sure LBM must have checked.
Hmm KP it got better when the boot rattling stop. But like Panky mentioned it has stared again. Will be looking in this matter.

Which photo`s you are saying about..

Na yaar did not check but sure will do.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:53   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

This might sound stupid, but i am a noob at this, how do you wire a monoblock to 2 sub's? I am really confused.
and can you let me know what are the dimension of the ported box and the dia/length of the pipe?
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 17:06   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
This might sound stupid, but i am a noob at this, how do you wire a monoblock to 2 sub's? I am really confused.
and can you let me know what are the dimension of the ported box and the dia/length of the pipe?
Sir the subs are wired in parallel each has a 4 ohms impedance so wiring them in parllel will give 2 ohms, At which the amp give approx 1100 watts.

The dimensions of the ported box will majorly depends on the sub. Which sub do you have ?
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:47   #71
BHPian
 
zucchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: faridabad/rourkela
Posts: 250
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

b&t may be i am confused but the one thing i am very sure about is that IDQ V2 is a FANTASTIC sub.

cheers
zucchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 22:03   #72
BHPian
 
Magma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 2 Times
Unhappy

[quote=Magma;980205]LBM sir
can you please post the following information which can help us get an idea of how to tune and build a ported box
Box volume ( vb) ?
Port dia chosen ?
Tuning freq ?

also why was the above frequency selected?

also is there a way to decide port placement?
the link that you posted that was highlighted by navinji mentions that the port can be on any face as long as the 1/4 th wavelenght rule is satisfied.
it doesnt say anything about the placement on any face of the box.
Can we place it anywhere on any face?

what yaar raghuji
thoda info do na about the above.(especially the info in bold)
how will i learn if you get angry.
i didnt do anything
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 22:39   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,158
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

The setup looks great. Congrats!!

I am using IDQv2d2 in a 0.7 cuft sealed enclosure powered by an Eclipse mono. The sub gives great SQ, exactly what I wanted. To be precise, I hate boom boom.
I think it is just a matter of ones preference. Anwar, Auto Fusion is also in love with the sub after listening to it.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 22:53   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

[quote=Magma;984280]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
LBM sir
can you please post the following information which can help us get an idea of how to tune and build a ported box
Box volume ( vb) ?
Port dia chosen ?
Tuning freq ?

also why was the above frequency selected?

also is there a way to decide port placement?
the link that you posted that was highlighted by navinji mentions that the port can be on any face as long as the 1/4 th wavelenght rule is satisfied.
it doesnt say anything about the placement on any face of the box.
Can we place it anywhere on any face?

what yaar raghuji
thoda info do na about the above.(especially the info in bold)
how will i learn if you get angry.
i didnt do anything
Sorry bro If I sounded rude. My apologizes first.

Now about the Panky install I used the dimensions which came along the manual of the sub. Rest if you want to make something different I would suggest to try WINisd for the same. It is a FREEWARE and easy to use. But beware the results are not 100 % correct as they are purely theoretically calculations.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 23:07   #75
BHPian
 
smokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: delhi/gurgaon
Posts: 280
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

congratz panky !! sorry i dont know why my last post on this thread wasn't approved !!

Hows your neighborhood afte rthe installation , i am damn sure you must have got complaints regarding the bass
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Major ICE Upgrade in my Palio (EDIT: Car upgraded.) hydrashok In-Car Entertainment 352 13th April 2008 22:47
Upgraded Maruti Baleno up for review among roster agencies askicode The Indian Car Scene 29 3rd March 2007 08:37
upgraded version version of unicorn or pulsar150 dtsi sujit007 Motorbikes 6 5th January 2007 09:34
Vernacular - 2043 Vernas in five days, upgraded to 5000/month now adarsh76 The Indian Car Scene 113 14th November 2006 00:02
Inquiry about Baleno Upgraded Tyre pressure Puffdamgcdragon Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 14 16th January 2006 19:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks