Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th September 2008, 12:04   #1

Default Shoe string ICE for Zen

Hi guys

ive been chatting over PMs with rider60 about suggestion for my ice setup and hes been of great help so far

Am starting a thread about the same so that more people can put their feedback in

I have an Autocop central locking and front two power windows in my car and am having some issues with it

The remote for the lock isint working and the rear guns for the locks are not working anymore so i need somewhere to get this looked at/serviced, anywhere in hyderabad can i get this done?

Also the power windows have a mind of their own, they work whenever they want to and not when i want them to

sometimes they work, sometimes they refuse to so am guessing its some lose connection or something, so i need this to be looked at as well, i guess the same place i can get that autocop looked at can have a look in this as well?

please suggest someplace for the same

As for the warranty on the autocop, i have no idea if it does have warranty or not as i had purchased the car second hand last year and am not sure when the system was installed in it, its a 2002 zen Di btw, so i guess the warranty might have expired by now? is there some way i can check the warranty status other than having a copy of bill?

As for the ICE, am at the moment looking for a very basic setup, in the sense a headunit and rear 6x9s

I already have a JVC VCD player in my car but am not one bit satisfied with it, so looking for a trade in with something that has 3 RCA outs, an aux in. USB is optional as budget is an issue here but if i can squeeze it in, that'll be excellent. I have no issues with getting it without B&W and mostly will get it that way coz of the very limited budget.

any dealer that you know of, would he do the trade in and give me a new HU?

Also have Sony Xplod 6x9s in the rear , which as again no need to mention are rubbish, one speaker is fine and the tweter cone on the other is torn

You think these can be traded in as well or are as good as trash?

My requirement as of now is to have a headunit and good rear 6x9s, if trade in is possible then that will be even better as i also need to have some good quality headlamps installed as my current ones are like candles in a jam jar, i was thinking of the Philips Osaram? 130/90 ones, shud be under 1k with the cut out right? or you know of any better alternative?

also need to get sun film installed on four windows and maybe the rear glass panel but this can wait if i cant get it in my budget coz i want something decent, lumix was it?

The idea is to get the HU and rears installed and leave provision for the 5.25" in the door in which something decent can be installed along with some dampening maybe next month or so, am fine with coax and not keen on getting components only.

Total cash i have for all this as of now is 6k.

Oh and i also have a Xplod 222 Amp with me, that i can use to power the rears if the amp is good enough or is it best suited to power some cheap sub?

thanks for all the help

Regards.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th September 2008 at 18:52. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules before proceeding
Rave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 16:05   #2

oh and i forgot to mention, am open to offers for any old 6x9s or HUs that anyone here has up for sale, so PM me if any of you is looking to sell their old stuff
Old 17th September 2008, 18:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Talk to yash, he can show you where you can get good deals in exchange. only problem could be getting time from him, now that he is a VIP here in hyderabad regarding ICE.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 20:38   #4

oh and btw, is the Xplod 222 amp any good to drive any rear 6x9s? SQ is very important though so id rather not use it if i lose out on SQ, its just that i have on lying here unused, so wud be good to use it..

and noone selling their old ice to upgrade? :P
Old 17th September 2008, 20:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Talk to yash, he can show you where you can get good deals in exchange. only problem could be getting time from him, now that he is a VIP here in hyderabad regarding ICE.

thanks for the compliments raj, i wouldnt call myself VIP there are more gurus here they just dont showup and have very less time to spare so its like that.

well lets see what we can do rave.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 12:59   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave View Post
Total cash i have for all this as of now is 6k..
for 6K just upgrade the 6x9s to better ones. once your budget improves you can upgrade the HU, add front speakers, amps etc...
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 20:58   #7
BHPian

Yash, Raj & all other BHPians from Hyderabad,
Can you suggest some good ICE installer in Minister Road or Basheerbagh? I'm currently looking for one.
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote