Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th September 2008, 07:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

in my opinion,and judging from the brands I've heard, blau comes a distant third for SQ, after alpine and kenwood. Blau supposedly sounds more neutral, but ends up sounding a bit bland. It may appeal to purists, but even the slightly coloured pioneer sounds more interesting than the blau's

Blaupunkt Comes OE because they have a good dealer network, and a lot of the other components in a car are made by Bosch, so I suppose they have better access to the manufacturers
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 10:19   #32
BHPian

point to note 'ripped' disc subtity and writing format along with the drive written on make a whole big difference. i ran a test with some friends using the same data same comp and different writers and media. as it turned out local disks wore out the fastest and needed more replacement and were more prone to flaking. as compared to say a sony or samsung cdr. i have multiple stores and expect the same audio to play at them. thats one bone of convention.
the other point about being neutral is absolutely true. it is. and also the punch is great kind of better than the loudness function of the pio's. woods i believe today are marketed by nippon and are not really my piece of cake. i wouldn't even consider them. i haven't seen a nice head from them in a long time. tho pio and alpine yes. blau can be better but its well worth the money on a heavy ice system where you want the system to give you the sound not the head.
valhallen.282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 10:22   #33
BHPian

DerAlte,

By no means I am trying to take credit. The credit goes to "Johny". Please do some research, ask people, study the situation before posting non-scene about harmless people. He was not "thrown out" of the work. Previously it was a Blaupunkt office, but now it is a shop, who are the authorized service authorities. He used to work for Blaupunkt at that time. When the office became a shop, he left and joined the Pio service center. Being a Team-BHP support staff or moderator does not mean you can tell anybody, anything in a public forum.

Last edited by neel12345 : 30th September 2008 at 10:23.
neel12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 14:25   #34
BHPian

Default Got it serviced

Well I finally got it serviced. Actually, I should say "replaced" as the entire unit was changed. Blaupunkt (Bosch) guys also confirmed that there is indeed a problem with *some* of the MAUI HU's.
One week after replacement, I got the "CD Error" problem a couple of times, but switching off the HU and re-inserting the CD fixed the problem.
Anyways, it's much better now, and at least I can listen to CDs!!
I have found a new-found passion for in-car music, after being CD-deprived for quite a while. Visited planet-M and picked up all sorts of new CD's, ranging from Bon Jovi to Kishore oldies!
I doubt if the HU will last for a long time... I'm guessing in another 6 months or so, I'll get the same not-reading-CD's problem. But then I'd just trash it, and get a new one... possibly one which has Bluetooth.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 22:47   #35
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Well I finally got it serviced. Actually, I should say "replaced" as the entire unit was changed. Blaupunkt (Bosch) guys also confirmed that there is indeed a problem with *some* of the MAUI HU's.

I have found a new-found passion for in-car music, after being CD-deprived for quite a while. Visited planet-M and picked up all sorts of new CD's, ranging from Bon Jovi to Kishore oldies!
@floyd glad to see that you are finally happy i hope that the music plays on.
valhallen
valhallen.282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 11:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
... By no means I am trying to take credit. The credit goes to "Johny". Please do some research, ask people, study the situation before posting non-scene about harmless people. ... Being a Team-BHP support staff or moderator does not mean you can tell anybody, anything in a public forum.
As a TBHP member (forget the support / mod role) I am much more careful than most as to what I write! On the other hand, you seem to have challenges with simple English expression. If you read carefully once again what I wrote, you will realize I wrote that your 'patient' (not you) was not right in trying to take personal credit for doing something that was not kosher to start with. Harmless, innocent? You are condoning the disrepute he brought to the hand that fed him!!!

As far as "do some research, ask people, study the situation before posting non-scene about harmless people", I work for an extremely quality conscious and customer-oriented company (no I don't work for Bosch, which is acknowledged worldwide to be the same). I am very familiar with the limitations / problems in attitudes of individuals in non-company-owned Service locations. This is usually called the "not invented here" syndrome, and the image of all companies suffer due to the bad work by the Service outlets.

Peace, dear Neel, and a happy Vijayadashami / Shubho Bijoya to you and your loved ones.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 17:59   #37
BHPian

First of all, let me wish Shubho Bijaya to DerAlte and everyone on Team-Bhp . DerAlte, yes, I could not understand from your post that you refered to my 'patient' for taking credit. That may be my fault(i admit) or if others had the same idea after reading your sentence, then there 'might' have been a contruction error in your sentence/post/para.

A clear description of the Blaupunkt techie(and my 'pateint') :

A humble man, a bachealor, not very rich but not that poor, parents have expired , no one in his family gives him financial support and he is very honest. I can't write the whole thing why I know that he is honest in a public forum. He took 0% credit for his work, he only said that he did it only because he respects me as his doctor.Instead, I was giving him credit for his work.

DerAlte, if you don't mind can you tell me your title ? I'll tell you why I want to know afer you tell me. I don't want your name, but would be nice if you give me.
neel12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 01:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Even I'm using Blaupunkt for last 4 years. Yes I do sometimes get the problem with some old MP3 CD's that I've written. But one thing I noticed that all these CD's which have problems are Moser Baer ones. Similar old CD's of Sony are not giving that much of problem. And with Audio CD's I've not found any issue at all.
Anyway even with the problem I'm not willing to shift to some other HU as the Sound Quality of the Blau is just too good to beat. Probably only thing that can beat will be a Alpine in that price range(wish I'll have some more money and Alpine comes with a steering remote). Heard many Pioneers and trust me if you've used Blaupunkt then you'll never the like the SQ of the Pioneer. I'm not saying that Pio's are not good, they are good but no way as good as Blaupunkt in comparision with sound quality. That's just my opinion and others are entitled for their's.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 21:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... he only said that he did it only because he respects me as his doctor. Instead, I was giving him credit for his work. ...
A good service person does it anyhow since each instance of a solution is worth taking pride in. One does not need to relate to the client in any manner - once one resorts to that, the focus shifts from "a good job done" to "I did it for you!". I have seen both kinds, just that the second kind does not inspire confidence in professional abilities. Demanding and exhibiting good work ethics goes beyond both the client's and service person's situation in life.

Quote:
... DerAlte, if you don't mind can you tell me your title ? ...
Bhai, "jaat na poochho sadhu ki" - more so since I am at the negative end of that scale.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 23:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

yup, the one which ran fine on my alpine and didnt on my friend's blau was also a moserbaer.
Doesn't matter now , I've switched to verbatim, among the best media you can get in india!
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 02:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
yup, the one which ran fine on my alpine and didnt on my friend's blau was also a moserbaer.
Doesn't matter now , I've switched to verbatim, among the best media you can get in india!
Yup, I'm writing the songs in Sony CD's now and hope that they'll last longer (at least older Sony one's are still playing). If this works then I can save some money by not buying a new player
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 10:51   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

The blau listeners here seem to have a really strong brand loyalty.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote