Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 19:17   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default vRs ICEING - Badly Need Help

Guys

I will start buying my stuff in the 1st week of october.

MONO BLOCK AMP FOR THE SUB
> JBL 1201.1

787W RMS x 1 channel at
4 ohms and 1% THD + N
Signal-to-noise ratio: 70dBA
(reference 1W into 4 ohms)
1114W RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms
14.4V supply and 1% THD + N
Dynamic power: 1339W at 2 ohms


> JBL GTO14001

1200 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms
1500 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms & 14.4V supply
Max Power: 1500 watts at 4 ohms
DBO (Dynamic Bass Optimization)
Low Pass Filter Frequency control
12dB Octave Low pass filter variable 32Hz-320Hz
Maximum Input Signal: 4.7V
Maximum Sensitivity: 220mV
Output Regulation: .098 dB at 4 ohms
Signal-to-Noise (dBA) 104dBA (reference rated power into 4 ohms)
THD 0.04% (rated power at 4 ohms)
Frequency Response 20Hz - 330Hz (-3dB)
Wired Bass controller included
Dimensions L x W x H) 18-9/16" x 10-3/8" x 2-1/8"


4 Channel AMP for the components / speakers

* JBL 75.4

104 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohms
284 watts RMS x 2 channel at 4 ohms
3 channel mode: 2 x 104W RMS + 284W RMS for sub
Ratings at 14.4V supply
Variable cross-over. Variable Bass Boost.
Speaker Level Input
Overload protection
Illusion Components
Ground zero sub(s)



* JBL GTO-1004e

100 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohms
150 watts RMS x 4 channel at 2 ohms
225 watts RMS x 2 channel at 4 ohms
3 channel mode: 2 x 100W RMS + 200W RMS for sub
Ratings at 14.4V supply
Variable HIGH & LOW Pass cross-overs
Variable Bass Boost.
Rear Bass Boost control
Rear Crossover Filter selector
Rear Crossover Frequency control
Speaker Level Input
Overload protection
RCA Aux output to connect to another amp
Signal-to-Noise (dBA) 104dBA (reference rated power into 4 ohms)
THD 0.02% (rated power at 4 ohms)
Frequency Response 10Hz - 100kHz (-3dB)
Dimensions (L x W x H) 18-9/16" x 10-3/8" x 2-1/8"





Problems now

1. What is the best subwoofer to be used with the 1201.1 or the GTO14001

2. The sound from the front of the car is good but from the rear is pretty bad.
Should i go for components on both or some other configuration like speakers

Also which components to go for and where.

(P.S. I would be driving the car most of the times)


3. If sometimes i am not in the car , my dad does not like all the bass and stuff - Is it possible to switch it off with a button or regulator or something?

4. Can someone help me with the prices of
  • JBL 1201.1
  • JBL GTO14001
  • JBL 75.4
  • JBL GTO-1004e

P.S. Mods i know i started another thread earlier but then this is a completely different setup . - If you find this inappropriate , please shift it to the earlier thread
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 19:38   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Hi abhinav, I was under the same confusion..

see:

1. Go for 1201.1 and GZ radioactive subs, I'd done extensive research on this and can assure you that they are one of the best subs to compliment that beast! I've done it myself. You can see my thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-upgraded.html


2. Front Comps and 6X9 for the rears.. no need to have comps at the rear, unless there is substantial rear - occupancy! If you like bright sound, go for JBL 608C or if you prefer laid back sound, opt for illusion electra 6.1.

3. I had same problem here.. any good VFM HU like Pio 7950 having 3 pre-outs would give you an option to switch off the sub at the click of a button. In this case, only 4 speakers off your 4 channel amp would run.

4. Go to Karol Bagh to get the best grey deals, however considering the money involved it makes sense to go in with B&W. PM SAM (if he responds) for JBL prices/ B&T or LBM for GZ/Illusion prices.

Since you're in Delhi, you're always welcome for an audition.

Cheers! and keep us posted...

Last edited by panky12345 : 26th September 2008 at 19:39.
panky12345 is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 20:16   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

I need good SQ and good bass. So would 608c or illusion 6.1

I do not wish to change my HU ( it is alpine 9830 ) Kinda Like it.

Or should i change it considering the setup

Where can i get a 1201.1 and 75.4 since it has been discontinued.

Should i go for one sub or two?


Which of the three radio actives should i go for

GZRW 12 XD-AL 30 cm 500 watts, cast basket, 2 inch 2 x 4ohm, Alucone,
woven in leads, Xmax 18mm, SPL 91,4dB

GZRW 12 XS-AL 30 cm 500 watts, cast basket, 2 inch 1 x 4ohm, Alucone,
woven in leads, Xmax 18mm, SPL 91,4dB

GZRW 30SPL SPL subwoofer, 1000 WRMS, X-max 20mm, Fs 33Hz, 2 x 2ohm

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 26th September 2008 at 20:24.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 20:54   #4
BHPian
 
zucchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: faridabad/rourkela
Posts: 250
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi abhinav.their aint any 'best subwoofer'.it all depends on the kind of sound you are looking for.please specify your needs.
zucchero is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 20:59   #5
BHPian
 
Magma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I need good SQ and good bass. So would 608c or illusion 6.1

I do not wish to change my HU ( it is alpine 9830 ) Kinda Like it.

Or should i change it considering the setup

Where can i get a 1201.1 and 75.4 since it has been discontinued.

Should i go for one sub or two?


Which of the three radio actives should i go for

GZRW 12 XD-AL 30 cm 500 watts, cast basket, 2 inch 2 x 4ohm, Alucone,
woven in leads, Xmax 18mm, SPL 91,4dB

GZRW 12 XS-AL 30 cm 500 watts, cast basket, 2 inch 1 x 4ohm, Alucone,
woven in leads, Xmax 18mm, SPL 91,4dB

GZRW 30SPL SPL subwoofer, 1000 WRMS, X-max 20mm, Fs 33Hz, 2 x 2ohm
if youre getting the mono 1201.1 then get the XD dual coil
Magma is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 21:02   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
hi abhinav.their aint any 'best subwoofer'.it all depends on the kind of sound you are looking for.please specify your needs.
Good Bass and good quality ( a mix of both )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
if youre getting the mono 1201.1 then get the XD dual coil
What if i dont get 1201.1 and have to go for GTO14001?

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 26th September 2008 at 21:04.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 22:06   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Should i go for one sub or two?


Which of the three radio actives should i go for

GZRW 12 XD-AL 30 cm 500 watts, cast basket, 2 inch 2 x 4ohm, Alucone,
woven in leads, Xmax 18mm, SPL 91,4dB

GZRW 12 XS-AL 30 cm 500 watts, cast basket, 2 inch 1 x 4ohm, Alucone,
woven in leads, Xmax 18mm, SPL 91,4dB

GZRW 30SPL SPL subwoofer, 1000 WRMS, X-max 20mm, Fs 33Hz, 2 x 2ohm
With the above mentioned amps you should go for atleast 2 off these subs..

If you go with 1201.1 like Panky did then a pair of GZRW12 12 XS-AL would be good.

But if you go for 14001 then GWRW 30 SPL will be good.

I would suggest to audition Panky Bhai ride first see the JBL, GZ combo How does it sounds...

GZ RW 12 - XD-AL is the 4 ohms DVC sub now discontinued.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th September 2008 at 22:14.
low_bass_makker is offline  
Old 26th September 2008, 22:28   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
1. What is the best subwoofer to be used with the 1201.1 or the GTO14001
2. The sound from the front of the car is good but from the rear is pretty bad.
Should i go for components on both or some other configuration like speakers
4. Can someone help me with the prices of
  • JBL 1201.1
  • JBL GTO14001
  • JBL 75.4
  • JBL GTO-1004e
1. There is no BEST sub. THere are quite a few goood subs out there. I'd suggest you listen to GZ, ID, Illusion, Infinity, etc.. and then make an informed decision.

2. I have a vRS and have components for the rear as well. Why? because my son sits in the back and he wants to have the best possible sound as well.

3. Sam represents JBL so PM him for prices. TBHP is a non commercial forum and it is not expected for members to post prices for products they represent.
navin is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 00:14   #9
BHPian
 
Magma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Good Bass and good quality ( a mix of both )



What if i dont get 1201.1 and have to go for GTO14001?
the GTO 14001 seems "overkill" if you want to run onl a single sub

the SPL GZ woofer will also go well with the 1201.1 if the XD is not availble.
Provided you like how it sounds ofcourse.
its gonna be LOUD
Magma is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 00:38   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

abhinav, it would help to know what kind of music you listen to
cooldude1988765 is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 01:30   #11
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

IF Willing to audition or looking into other brands?
Then IDV3+kenwood mono+raindow slx make a good combo as well IMO

Else JBL's do good as well.
noidaboy is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 09:37   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Then IDV3+kenwood mono+raindow slx make a good combo as well IMO.
I didnt like the sound for the money spent!!
panky12345 is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 11:51   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
IF Willing to audition or looking into other brands?
Then IDV3+kenwood mono+raindow slx make a good combo as well IMO

Else JBL's do good as well.
Sanyam Bhai...I think Anibhav is getting JBL amps(1100 rms approx 550 rms each sub) and with that amps the IDv3 (250 watts) cannot handle it IMHO (may be they can). Rest Anibhav is the decision maker let him choose what he likes..

Name:  id.JPG
Views: 764
Size:  67.9 KB

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th September 2008 at 12:04.
low_bass_makker is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 16:06   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I didnt like the sound for the money spent!!
When can i come for an audition of your ICE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
With the above mentioned amps you should go for atleast 2 off these subs..

If you go with 1201.1 like Panky did then a pair of GZRW12 12 XS-AL would be good.

But if you go for 14001 then GWRW 30 SPL will be good.

I would suggest to audition Panky Bhai ride first see the JBL, GZ combo How does it sounds...

GZ RW 12 - XD-AL is the 4 ohms DVC sub now discontinued.
If i go for 14001 will i have to go for 2 SPL subs instead of one

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. There is no BEST sub. THere are quite a few goood subs out there. I'd suggest you listen to GZ, ID, Illusion, Infinity, etc.. and then make an informed decision.

2. I have a vRS and have components for the rear as well. Why? because my son sits in the back and he wants to have the best possible sound as well.

3. Sam represents JBL so PM him for prices. TBHP is a non commercial forum and it is not expected for members to post prices for products they represent.
As i do not sit in the back seats , i do not require much sound .

However will it have a good effect having them in the back too?
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 27th September 2008, 16:59   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
When can i come for an audition of your ICE?


If i go for 14001 will i have to go for 2 SPL subs instead of one



As i do not sit in the back seats , i do not require much sound .

However will it have a good effect having them in the back too?
Abhinav if you go for 1201.1 then also you will need two subs. As 1100 watts is hell lot of power. And if you go for 14001 then two SPL wala will be fine. You can wire one but it will not do justice on the setup. A two is a must.

I would go for a front setup only. Nothing in the back.
low_bass_makker is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICEing my i10 - Need the experts opinion carbine In-Car Entertainment 10 9th December 2009 20:36
Re-Iceing my Estilo,Need Help!! adishenoy In-Car Entertainment 36 2nd December 2009 00:27
Need help for ICEing Hyundai Accent m2avg In-Car Entertainment 17 23rd November 2008 18:41
Badly in need of Spoilers for my Esteem joe_mclaren Modifications & Accessories 9 21st May 2008 20:32
Badly Need an Esteem SCARLET Shifting gears 0 8th March 2006 11:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks