Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 12:00   #16
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
The stock HU is by Nippon and it has a single RC out, this should solve a lot of your problems, only thing you have to work out is the remote connection which has to be taken through Ignition and maybe with a Switch if you prefer that.

So is it possible to install a 4 channel amp on the stock dzire HU?
Old 30th September 2008, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

yes, but you wont have any control over the various channels from the HU. the settings will have to be changed at the amp.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
@vrrraju-thanks for the link, so the crossover placing is done, read somewhere that the tweeter should be within 30cm of the mid bass is that true?
This question has been debated lot of times, Yes in theory they should be placed as close as possible, this is because the sound waves traveling from different sources should reach your ear at the same time. But, to make it out that they are coming at different times, it is very difficult for a human ear, I suppose.

Another set of team argues that if the mid woofer is placed at stock location and then the tweeter placed very close it then the sound stage is taken down, that's why the tweeter should be placed on the dash board or at the ear level of the listener.

That's why I have placed my tweeters as close to the Mid woofer and then using the imount mechanism of the JBL tweeters, I have made them facing the listener, I hope that way I am trying to increase the sound stage little higher and tweeter close to mid woofer.

That is the trade off between the Coherence and Sound Stage. Listener to decide :-)
Old 30th September 2008, 12:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
So is it possible to install a 4 channel amp on the stock dzire HU?
Hi JRD, Yes you can connect a 4 channel amp as you have one RCA pre-out from HU, then you will need a Y - Splitter RCA cables in that case to connect the other two channels.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:24   #20
TOR
BHPian

thanks guys for all the info-strolling through the net i chanced upon the Infinity range of speakers-the coaxial 6.5" variety were it is possible to angle the tweeters differently from the mid bass axis-does it really make a difference, also how does it compare to a component setup(sound stage wise) and also to the usual coaxial's which do not have such a feature.

The reason for this consideration is because the price of a coaxial infinity(reference range?) and a mid level JBL component are similar if not more for the JBL. From the specs the infinity seems to have better specs, but does that translate into better SQ.

Why i am not so inclined to a component setup now is because i year down the line i am planning to spend a healthy budget on the ICE so at that point, components that i buy now may become redundant.

Last edited by TOR : 30th September 2008 at 19:25.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks guys for all the info-strolling through the net i chanced upon the Infinity range of speakers-the coaxial 6.5" variety were it is possible to angle the tweeters differently from the mid bass axis-does it really make a difference, also how does it compare to a component setup(sound stage wise) and also to the usual coaxial's which do not have such a feature.

The reason for this consideration is because the price of a coaxial infinity(reference range?) and a mid level JBL component are similar if not more for the JBL.
The rotatable tweeter with the attenuation switch features on many JBL coaxials too, especially the GTO series.
Components are generally more expensive than coaxials because of constructional differences and of course the fact that it is in fact 4 independent speakers with 2 proper passive crossover networks.

If your budget allows you to choose between an Infinity Coaxial and a JBL component set and the position allows you to fit a component system correctly, I would recommend you go for the component set.
Old 30th September 2008, 22:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

healthy budget = how much , and what are you planning to add at that point ?
Old 1st October 2008, 04:48   #23
TOR
BHPian

@Sam Kapasi - thanks for the info-point noted.

@green horn - budget in an years time would be 50-60K

plan is:

HU change to AV(DVD)/GPS system.
3 way components front(possible in budget?)
amps(multichannel and monoblock)
sealed box sub
ovals behind
Old 1st October 2008, 06:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sealed box sub
ovals behind
ovals and a sub would be kinda redundant.
I think the best option now then would be to buy whatever coax you plan to fit in the rear , as you mentioned earlier , and fit that in front for the time being
Old 1st October 2008, 07:14   #25
JRD
BHPian

thanks for clarifying greenhorn and vrraju. An equalizer can resolve the issue of the settings right?
what about the fiesta's sxi's HU. Does it have an RCA Out to connect an amp?
Old 1st October 2008, 08:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

if you add a seperate processor,like LBM has , i suppose it can take care of it. but where would you install it? there are no locations available, and what do you have in mind ?
Old 1st October 2008, 11:56   #27
JRD
BHPian

i am just about to get a fiesta sxi diesel, and after listening to stock audio i feel i will get bored of it in a month or so.

So what i was thinking was to first of all replace the rears with nice 4 way pioneers 6x9 and up front if space prevails install 6 inch components. and adding to that a 4 channel amp. 2 channels for the rear and 2 channels for the front, no subwoofer no cutting. After that if the sound is too crude (as there is no equalizer in the stock HU) install a pioneer equalizer.

or

if all of this will be a big headache. replace the speakers like above and install a 2 channel amp for the rear speakers. nothing else.

what do you think?
Old 18th October 2008, 20:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

To use your own words,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
4 way pioneers 6x9
=
Quote:
a big headache.
Simplest option would be to just replace the stock speakers. no 4 way pioneers, 3 ways are more than adequate. And most pioneer speakers available are fake.

IIRC the fiesta slots were 5x7's .

Once you've replaced the speakers , play around with your fader before deciding which pair needs to be amped first (if at all )
Old 13th March 2009, 23:41   #29
BHPian

Swift Dzire Car Audio

I own a Swift VDI and recently bought a Swift Dzire VDI.

My Audio installation on the Swift consisted of -

HU - Pioneer 6950 (Ipod Cable & an Aux Cable)
Front Speakers - JBL GTO637 (2way Coaxial)
Rear Speaker - JBL GTO937 (3 Way Coaxial)
Subwoofer - Kenwood KFC W1012 (Sealed Enclosure as per spec)
4 Channel Amp - Blaupunkt GTA4 MkII (powering both front & rear)
2 Channel Amp - Blaupunkt GTA2 MkII (powering the sub - bridged).

I am shifting all these except for the speakers into my new car (the Dzire), replacing the speakers with

Blaupunkt THc 662 Components - 2 pairs.

Tommorow I'll be uninstalling the amps from the swift.

Require some advice (preferably with pictures) on the placement of the tweeter. Ive planned to place them near the door pocket next to the speaker, would it be fine.

I will post some pictures of my current installation and the progress of the shifting.

Thx.
Old 14th March 2009, 12:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Its better to place the tweeters on the A-Pillar

Check this
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...d-dsc00664.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks