Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 05:30   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I will vote for a Bull audio sub in a custom sealed box powered with one of the entry level amplifiers. Pio/Blau/Ken/Jbl, any of these will do the job. Later on, you can add more powerful amps as needed.

Bull audio sub is way better than GZ entry level subs. Between these 2, Bull has a smoother and better controlled kind of a bass. If you want the kick in your butt kinda bass, GZ is the way to go. But if you want something which will gel with the soundstage and don't create a noise about, bull audio is the way. Period.

I would suggest you to get a 4channel amp now eventhough it may shoot your budget by +/- 1k or so. Later on, in case you jump to a Mono amp, this one can be used to power your speakers.

Check out for used deals on classified section. Get in touch with LBM, B&T, Gunbir etc.. who are suppliers/distributors of ICE. You may get some good deals on fresh as well as 2nd hand ones.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 05:43   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,833
Thanked: 1,310 Times
Default

but they are out of mu budget zak :(, and i dont think anyone who bought a bull sub would want to sell it.

Let me see. I should call emperor and see if they have any suggestions.

I dont want a 4 channel. Like i said , the levels to which the HU drives them are quite adequate while driving. any louder and I'll lose focus. I just need something to fill in the lows when at low volume
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 06:51   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but they are out of mu budget zak :(
Ain't your budget 10k?
My earlier post was keeping that in mind.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 07:35   #19
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but they are out of mu budget ,
I dont want a 4 channel. Like i said
You can go for gt4 12 (cs 1204) sub and CS 60.2 or Blau mkII 2 channel, i have tried both amps and they are fine (for me more than sufficient i cannot go above 50% of volume in my alto.I am running this sub in blau mkII 4ch.) Any good carpenter will be able to make box for the sub (i made mine - very easy.) I spent about 3000 for amp 2750 for sub 500+ for box and 1000 for wiring - all DIY.
MX wiring is not that great. Difference is only 150Rs for Schosche i have used both Schoche has better quality.

Last edited by mohang_j : 10th October 2008 at 07:43.
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 09:22   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but they are out of mu budget zak :(, and i dont think anyone who bought a bull sub would want to sell it.
The Bull subwoofer (the driver without the enclosure: SW12) comes to 4000/- Should be within your budget.

Amp-wise I think your choices would be limited to:
- Blau GTA2 Special MKII (4K with B&W I think)
- JBL GT5-402 (5K with B&W I think)

Pio used to have a nice mono called the D510. It used to be 9K (or 10K), and if it were available used, it would fit your budget perfectly.

Yes, it would be a good idea to call up Emperor and speak to them. They might even have some 2nd hand 2-ch or mono amps with them that wiould fit your budget perfectly.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 10:27   #21
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

He can also go for the infamous Kenwood 8401. A very good VFM buy.
There were some Bhpians who had the small wonder Blau PA275 on sale which is another good buy. Ask JK.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 12:21   #22
BHPian
 
hrsraghav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 292
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I will vote for a Bull audio sub in a custom sealed box powered with one of the entry level amplifiers. Pio/Blau/Ken/Jbl, any of these will do the job. Later on, you can add more powerful amps as needed.

Bull audio sub is way better than GZ entry level subs. Between these 2, Bull has a smoother and better controlled kind of a bass. If you want the kick in your butt kinda bass, GZ is the way to go. But if you want something which will gel with the soundstage and don't create a noise about, bull audio is the way. Period.
Does Bull Audio Sub, comes with ported Enclosure or sealed one? Or both options are available?
Also if one get the Sealed box custom made, then how much will a decent box cost?
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 12:26   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,833
Thanked: 1,310 Times
Default

zak, i know , the PA275 is a gem, but its not available these days .

I'll be getting the stuff from emperor when a friend goes there to ICE his swift. Will call them a few days before that.

@ hrsraghav, from what I've read, the one that comes as a boxed sub is ported. You can get the driver and make a custom box, in which case cost will come to 4k(driver) +1.5k(box)
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 12:59   #24
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but they are out of mu budget zak
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Ain't your budget 10k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
You can get the driver and make a custom box, in which case cost will come to 4k(driver) +1.5k(box)
what is your budget for amp+sub?

I would suggest that you get a 2nd hand amp but not a 2nd hand sub (unless you know the owner well). Many a sub is seriously abused by it's user and you will never find out untill too late.

TBHP classifieds has a few options. here is an amp + sub for 6K the amp is the 275!
Team-BHP Classifieds - Blau Sub Blau Class D Amp - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

of if you prefer another sub look at this amp 600W for Rs. 3.5K mate it with you 5.5K boxed sub for a sub+amp+RCA cable under 10K.
Team-BHP Classifieds - Hifonics A6000 MARS Series Amp - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Last edited by navin : 10th October 2008 at 13:06.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 13:33   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,833
Thanked: 1,310 Times
Default

the budget is 10k . When I posted that the Bull sub was out of my budget, I knew only about the ported boxed sub for 8.5k, and was not aware of the other one(about which i posted later).

the first one - I had responded , and i believe it has been sold. The other amp, i guess I'll have to decide after checking my options with emperor. Thanks for the help

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th October 2008 at 13:35.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 11:33   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,833
Thanked: 1,310 Times
Default

An crash has damaged my dreams and hopes as well :(
the money I'd saved up for this will have to be used up for the repairs after insurance. Man proposes, God disposes
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 11:35   #27
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 788
Thanked: 320 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
An crash has damaged my dreams and hopes as well :(
the money I'd saved up for this will have to be used up for the repairs after insurance. Man proposes, God disposes
Oh, thats sad. I hope things are fine otherwise.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 12:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
He can also go for the infamous Kenwood 8401. A very good VFM buy.
There were some Bhpians who had the small wonder Blau PA275 on sale which is another good buy. Ask JK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
zak, i know , the PA275 is a gem, but its not available these days .

I'll be getting the stuff from emperor when a friend goes there to ICE his swift. Will call them a few days before that.

@ hrsraghav, from what I've read, the one that comes as a boxed sub is ported. You can get the driver and make a custom box, in which case cost will come to 4k(driver) +1.5k(box)
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
what is your budget for amp+sub?

I would suggest that you get a 2nd hand amp but not a 2nd hand sub (unless you know the owner well). Many a sub is seriously abused by it's user and you will never find out untill too late.

TBHP classifieds has a few options. here is an amp + sub for 6K the amp is the 275!
Team-BHP Classifieds - Blau Sub Blau Class D Amp - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
G R A B it NOW !

ASAP
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 16:23   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Ouch, that's bad. Hope everything else is fine otherwise?

Cheer up, greenie. God also gives back at the appropriate time. Don't fret.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 16:51   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,833
Thanked: 1,310 Times
Default

nothing serious , but a lot of glass and plastic is broken ( I had a sort of head on collision) , and insurance pays only 50% for those , so a lot is coming out of my pocket

PS : @ JK, redfire seems to be having a similar run of bad luck, and his upgrade plans are off

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th October 2008 at 16:54.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the weight of your wheel-tyre combo?? Shan2nu Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 30 11th October 2012 15:21
Passion for cars and having big time money..Ultimate combo for a great life? Dippy Shifting gears 21 18th April 2009 17:48
Cheapest good SQ Sub with Kenwood 8401 amp vebmetal In-Car Entertainment 119 5th December 2008 12:21
Good Sub+Amp combo to add to my Esteem? aalaap In-Car Entertainment 23 21st January 2006 09:52
Best driver combo for Williams '05 Rtech Int'l Motorsport 9 15th July 2004 15:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks