Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th October 2008, 11:15   #1
BHPian

Default Peculiar problem With HU (Pioneer 6050 )

I have very peculiar problem with HU , I have a pioneer 6050 HU and I use a USB with Mp3 loaded

The problem is when the HU plays a particular mp3 file , the subsequent mp3 are played but there is no sound ie there is no O/P from the HU . I changed the volume level and that didnít help

Now to get the HU to work properly I need to switch off and switch on couple of times , change the src and then it would resume playback .

This is always seen when I play a particular MP3 file . I initially thought of a virus infection, but wasnít sure so I thought I ask the experts .
sandeep3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 13:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Dont play that MP3 file. Simple. I know nothing about computers and MP3 maybe th gurus know if a virus can infect a MP3 file.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 13:33   #3
BHPian

I have had a similar problem with the 5090.Switching off the car and restarting it solves the problem temporarily
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 13:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Try it on a different player. Does it behave the same if the USB drive was connected to a laptop / PC ?

Also. format the USB drive & try.

Delete that file, and see if the problem still occurs.

Last edited by condor : 10th October 2008 at 14:13.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 14:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Default anything wrong with storage media?

After confirming that mp3 files are in order(play on some other device), then check your storage media(pendrive, memorystick). Remove files from storage media, format it & copy and try playing mp3 files again. Check if this helps.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 16:03   #6
BHPian

it could also because of the encoding format. some decoders stop functioning after playing a particular format. check the file itself. the most typical format for mp3 is as follows 44100khz 16-bit stereo at anything between 128 to 320 kbps. play the file in winamp, while playing pressing alt+3 will give you the file details. along with that you'll also come to know if it is a cbr or a vbr. at the same time also check the next file it plays in queue. that might give you some clue. if you can please get back here with that info.
valhallen.282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 17:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I initially thought of a virus infection, but wasnít sure so I thought I ask the experts .
OK, I can assure you that there cannot be a virus in a MP3 file, but there could be some errors, or non-standard frames (frames are blocks of encoded audio). Some of the encoders use non-standard encoding features, which may cause problems in the decoder.
PC-based decoders like winamp and itunes may not have any problems, since they are designed to be error resilient, and continue decoding even if there are errors. So, even if it plays fine on say, winamp, it does not really prove that the MP3 file is good.
If you have the original CD, then just re-encode it with another encoder. However, if you dont have the original, you can still try re-encoding it, but the quality will not be as good (multiple encodings will lose some audio quality).
Another rare problem that I see sometimes is that MP2 files get renamed with the MP3 extension. This would cause problems on certain embedded players (like your HU), but play fine on PC.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 20:20   #8
BHPian

No it dosent behave the same way on a laptop/pc. It works fine on the pc. The problem dosent persist with any specific track it happens randomly with any track.One of my friends has even faced with a similar problem for some time but it went away after some time. Can there be a problem in the present pioneer range?
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 00:50   #9
BHPian

Maybe it's with your piece. I haven't had that problem with my 6050 (though I have had others).
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 01:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Maybe some problem with the Lens or something.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 08:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

same thing happened to my 6050 yesterday evening was playing from the usb pen drive and after a song the player didn't play the next song i fiddle around hit the list button no names were coming after that i just press the knob to the next song and the song started playing i tried playing the same song again but this thing happened again

but the same song use to play on my jvc dvd hu by the same pen drive
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 10:54   #12
BHPian

IMO i think its in the decoder. specially when you give it two differently encoded files the decoder does not switch back to normal and playback the file. resetting the system resets the decoders parameters thereby restoring playback. it happens often on my phone which also uses a similar decoder. but in this case it just fails. so IF my opinion of the problem is right there is no fix for this issue. i can't possibly ask you to check each and every file separately for format and encoding variations.
valhallen.282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 12:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

A similar topic/thread....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...g-problem.html
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 13:05   #14
BHPian

^ They are two entirely different problems.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 13:40   #15
Rockzer

Yeah sometime it happens .. Coz if you simultaneously change the songs again n again.
its just that it basically doesnt recommend USB. Just do 1 thing.. unplug your USB and plug it again. I had the similar problem with mY 6050 too. But later on it was solved automatically.