Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th October 2008, 10:51   #1
BHPian

Default pioneer 5050ub aux where ?

my friend recently purchased the 5050ub pioneer. its funny but he cant find the aux input. i took a brief look as well and coudnt spot it. checked pics on the net as well.. where is it ?
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 11:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

The best reference is always the User or Operation Manual. See Page 30.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 15:05   #3
BHPian

thanku, will forward ur feedback to him.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:03   #4
BHPian

Its situated on the back of the HU.U will need an 3.5mm to3.5mm extention.one gets inserted into the HU and the other acts as the aux input.Remember to use good quality cable or sound quality will suffer.it looks like this. ([IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nikunj/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]http://www.wiredco.com/images/6FT35MMMA2.jpg)
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nikunj/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nikunj/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 18:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

@DjNik, please use the image upload facility of TBHP to upload images. Your post above has a reference to your local machine - maybe you tried dropping it in directly. Please upload it properly once again - there is a button called "Manage Attachments" in the screen which comes on when you reply to the thread or post.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 19:47   #6
BHPian

Images aside, djnik is right - the AUX-In port would be at the back of your HU. Unfortunately, while Pioneer provides you with a USB extension cord, for some reason best know to them, they skimp on providing a aux-in extension cord (which btw costs Rs. 20 in Nehru Place). It would not affect their profits at all, but would only make the end-user slightly happier about recommending the brand.

Anyway as we have slowly discovered (or at least I have) someone in Pioneer is an idiot. And for that person's lack of foresight you and I will have to open the dash again to get the Aux-In connected.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 22:30   #7
BHPian

thanku. i bit of google had provided me with the same results, however opening the dashboard again is not something i am looking forward to. wont be using the aux input too much, yet no point compromising on quality. Do these wires have companies as well, or should i just put a relatively expensive one?
Old 14th October 2008, 11:03   #8
BHPian

There are people you will find who swear by $500 cables made from a mixture of gold, titanium and fairy dust or whatever next marketing geniuses come up with.

I am of the school of thought that these things don't make much of a difference (at the very least you can say the difference in sound quality is not proportional to the difference in price!). I use elcheapo RCA extension wires with my Logitech 2.1 speakers and that made no perceptible difference to SQ.

So your choice - Rs. 20 cable from Nehru Place, or Rs. 600 cable from Sony World or any of the other fancy shops. I don't think the sound would be 30 times better, but it may be slightly better. Your choice.
Old 14th October 2008, 11:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
There are people you will find who swear by $500 cables made from a mixture of gold, titanium and fairy dust or whatever next marketing geniuses come up with.

I am of the school of thought that these things don't make much of a difference (at the very least you can say the difference in sound quality is not proportional to the difference in price!). I use elcheapo RCA extension wires with my Logitech 2.1 speakers and that made no perceptible difference to SQ.

So your choice - Rs. 20 cable from Nehru Place, or Rs. 600 cable from Sony World or any of the other fancy shops. I don't think the sound would be 30 times better, but it may be slightly better. Your choice.
very well written vebmetal. i think i will plug in whatever i find at home, or at the shop. im not going to go shopping for one cable that i never plan to use. thanku
Old 14th October 2008, 11:38   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

you can also check this thread for getting the usb in front

Front USB for 505UB
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 15:19   #11
BHPian

I have the Pioneer 5050, and when I bought it, I bought it with two cables. The first is a USB-extender cable that comes from behind the dashboard to the front, and the second is a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm stereo cable in case I want to play music off my Ipod.

Your friend should have done this when he had the system fitted. However, it's not a big deal. The cables should cost you a couple of hundred bucks. Go to any ICE/Accessories store, ask them for the cables, and have them fit it for you. You may have to pay one or two hundred extra for the fitting, but it beats having to burn a crapload of CDs or trying to open the dash up yourself.

The whole procedure, if done by pros, shd take less than 20 minutes.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 16:52   #12
BHPian

The cable does not come with the HU. And the cable will cost about 20 -30 rupees at Nehru Place.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:00   #13
BHPian

Default Pioneer 5090UB Aux

Hello All - I have a Pioneer 5090UB HU in my Hyundai Accent. It has USB and Aux-In feature. I use the USB but have not been able to use the Aux-In feature as the cable did not come with the HU. I tried checking in the market but was not able to locate the cable.
I am not sure what cable needs to be attached to the HU for Aux-In so that I can use this feature.
I want to use this feature to connect my phone to the HU.
Can anybody guide about the cable specifications and where can I get the same?
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 22:21   #14
BHPian

You need a cable like this which will be connected to the back of the HU-

It would be available at any electronic store, its called a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo auxilary cable.
Attached Images

Last edited by DjNik : 8th December 2009 at 22:23.
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 22:24   #15
BHPian

Hi Abeer, if i'm not wrong the aux-in at the back of the unit is a 3.5mm stereo input. So what you'd need for that is a cable with a 3.5mm stereo plug/pin at both ends (one end would go in the aux-in of your HU and the other into your audio device). This would give you a standard stereo aux-in connection to the HU.
But in case your phone has an audio out jack that's not a 3.5 mm stereo type (e.g. sony ericsson use a propriety jack) then in that case one end of this aux cable will have to be a stereo plug of the same type as the one that your phone accepts. Though most phones nowadays seem to come with an adapter that allows you to connect a 3.5mm stereo plug.
IMO the best place where you're sure to find (or get made) a cable that exactly suits your need, would be the IT peripherals market at Nehru Place in Delhi.
hope this helps
jerry can is offline   Reply With Quote