Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th February 2009, 00:23   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
@ Audio Gurus. How does 2.5v preout and 3v preout etc make a difference?
Is it good to have a crossover or a HU with in built X-over settings?
Will TA be able to even adjust the location from which the bass would come?
No audio guru here but just trying...

The 2.5 v and 3 volt will not make a difference as the gains will be adjusted accordingly. In the 3 volt one less gain will be needed and in the 2.5 volts more will be needed.

There are two things here. First is the HP and LP for the speaker and the sub which nearly every good HU have. In cheaper one one can switched on and off. In the next we can select the cut off freq and in the high ends we can change the slope and level also. And in audio more is always better.

About TA it is there in your current HU but it is very puzzling to tune it. I have tuned your front stage to put the singer on the dash and for the sub I have not. If you measure all the distances and I would help you with that. But it is always better to keep the front and sub setup the rear fills does not make any sense and make the effect bad.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 6th February 2009 at 00:28.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 11:02   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_786 View Post
Looking nice Abhinav, where did you get them from?? How much did these cost you??
I got them from a friend who had them installed in his setup. It costs around 3000 bucks for 2 i think. Will confirm and let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
No audio guru here but just trying...

The 2.5 v and 3 volt will not make a difference as the gains will be adjusted accordingly. In the 3 volt one less gain will be needed and in the 2.5 volts more will be needed.

There are two things here. First is the HP and LP for the speaker and the sub which nearly every good HU have. In cheaper one one can switched on and off. In the next we can select the cut off freq and in the high ends we can change the slope and level also. And in audio more is always better.

About TA it is there in your current HU but it is very puzzling to tune it. I have tuned your front stage to put the singer on the dash and for the sub I have not. If you measure all the distances and I would help you with that. But it is always better to keep the front and sub setup the rear fills does not make any sense and make the effect bad.
When i am sitting alone , i play the fronts only.
The rears were the demand of my cousins / friends etc.

Thanks for the explanation LBM paaji. Will try out something on the TA front tomorrow.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 16:08   #183
BHPian

Very Good Ji , I can Make a 720p HD Video for same. but for that you have to give me a demo at my home (Yes , Home )
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 19:44   #184
Senior - BHPian

Arey sure Paaji. But then you will have to treat me to some chai-shai also
Old 6th February 2009, 22:38   #185
BHPian

OT: Can anybody please let me know the people dealing in GZ and Illusions in Delhi?
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 10:12   #186
Senior - BHPian

superbhikari: LBM is the guy to get in touch with!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 10:27   #187
Senior - BHPian

Abhinav. Time for a mini review. After all these upgrades plz give us a short idea of how it sounds. What do you like best and how much can your ear sustain the 2 subs playing in tandem:-)
Do a short writeup on the entire system. Don't you think a new head unit will do you a whole lot of good.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 19:33   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Abhinav. Time for a mini review. After all these upgrades plz give us a short idea of how it sounds. What do you like best and how much can your ear sustain the 2 subs playing in tandem:-)
Do a short writeup on the entire system. Don't you think a new head unit will do you a whole lot of good.
Hmmm nice point doc.
Will give a review by late tonight.
Old 8th February 2009, 00:45   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_786 View Post
Looking nice Abhinav, where did you get them from?? How much did these cost you??
Smokin has it available with him i guess.
Its for around 3000 i guess.
Smokin please confirm
Old 8th February 2009, 08:41   #190
BHPian

the neon rings looks nice, they available only as a pair though.
I just need to get myself to go and shoot some pics of my car in the night, that will give you some more ideas
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 12:13   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Well on Doc's Request. Here it goes

The upgrade to GZ RC 16X has been nothing but outstanding.
They are an amazing set of compos. Give just the right amount of bass , perfect brightness , very clear at loud volumes also.

When i did not have the GZ in the front, my GZ subs always overpowered the sub and at high volumes, it was more a bassy party than a vocal oriented one.
But with the GZ , the vocals have greatly increased and i am simply loving them. ( No chance for upgrade on this one).

Frankly speaking , the illusions are an amazing piece of components and though i was skeptical on how they would play at the rear and how would the GZ - Illusion combo sound.
But damn , Am i impressed or what.
They do not sound like different speakers et all. Do Perfect TA and you shall not know the difference at all. They play in such a harmony that differentiation of sound is not possible.

As for the Subs , I am just .......

They are so loud , i keep the sub level in HU at 0 and the bass knob at around 4 ( out of 10) and they are quite good . Increase the bass , it kicks you and makes you want to leave the car.

The problem areas :

Mono Block.
Provides 1500 rms but i need 2000 w rms. So have to upgrade it.

If i had to rate my ICE , i'd give it a 8.5 ( the 1.5 for the surprise)
Old 8th February 2009, 12:46   #192
Senior - BHPian

good write up abhinav !
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 12:56   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Mono Block.
Provides 1500 rms but i need 2000 w rms. So have to upgrade it.
makes me wonder about the efficiency of these speakers. I was once helping one of the technicians setup the speakers for a rock concert, and the dude was testing a 2000W RMS amp and a set of peavey speaker boxen. the dude pumped up the volume and i was left totally disoriented and found my feet only 10~15 mins later. I asked the dude how many watts that was ( i expected the full 8000W we had paid for) . turned out it he had just taken it up to 1000W RMS.

given the fact that 1000W could disorient and knock me out ( at a distance of 1 m), i wonder how you guys run these setups in your car and manage to drive at the same time , unless this is for competion use or something
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 13:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

It aint anything related to competition. It is that i like the kick it gives me.
The subs are not fully blasted all the time. They are used sometime only.

Also the problem is not only with the power rating thing.

JBL mono doesn't trip but reduces the volume due to this difference in power rating.

panky12345 is running 2*500 wrms subs on 1114w rms amp. They run at full potential.
Old 8th February 2009, 17:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

grrrreat review abhinav.
really think highly of the radioactive gz's now. but i dont think a bump up from 1500 to 2000 w RMS to the subs will make that much of a difference.
anyways, great effort, and hope you enjoy your music!
cheers
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote