Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th October 2008, 10:58   #91
BHPian

Cool and quick update abhinav bhai,pictures mangta hai asap !
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 11:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Thanks dude
Pics coming tomorrow.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 11:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Someone adviced him to remove it and he did so and there was no difference in the voice , performance.
I don't get it... If there was no difference, why did he remove it? He already had it installed, why did someone advise him to remove it?
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 11:16   #94
Senior - BHPian

That distribution block was not as good looking as it usually is.

Even i told him this before but he said its necessary but then after listening to the install without the block , he found no difference . Hence the removal.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 12:10   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM ji. I dont know if its 0 gauge power cable. Please reply
Yes it is a 0 gauge (true one , 50mmsq). Not the so promised and hyped one...

Some testing I did some time back about so called high end power cables...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/696016-post15.html
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 12:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... For the Distribution Block thing , there is no difference even if you add one.

A friend of mine was running his honda city with 2 amps , a mono and a 4 channel and with distribution block.

Someone adviced him to remove it and he did so and there was no difference in the voice , performance.
A Distribution Block is associated with ease and elegance of wiring, maintenance / trouble-shooting and safety, NOT voice and performance.

In a multi-amp setup, daisy-chaining the power cable (from fuse-block to amp1, then amp1 to amp2) would need either 2 cables to be somehow jammed into amp1's power socket (imagine doing that with even a 4AWG cable) risking an unstable or insufficient connection which will start heating up, or a desi 'twisted' wire joint which can suffer insulation break-down and eventual short to ground.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 12:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

What about the RCAs used?? ?I think i am posting this for the third time but no reply yet, since abhinav does not know, LBM can you please give us the details on that.

@Abhinav: Are you using the same "DAISY-CHAINING" method as told by DerAlte to power your AMPs??? And since you are using 0 Gauge Wiring, OMG!!!!

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 26th October 2008 at 12:33.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 14:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

In a multi-amp setup, daisy-chaining the power cable (from fuse-block to amp1, then amp1 to amp2) would need either 2 cables to be somehow jammed into amp1's power socket (imagine doing that with even a 4AWG cable) risking an unstable or insufficient connection which will start heating up, or a desi 'twisted' wire joint which can suffer insulation break-down and eventual short to ground.
Sir no twisting of wires is done proper crimping of wires with thimbles and with proper tools is done to ensure proper contact and for proper current transfer.

No desi shortcuts are used, but it is a cheap alternative for a D.B

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th October 2008 at 14:04.
Old 26th October 2008, 14:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
What about the RCAs used?? ?I think i am posting this for the third time but no reply yet..
Then why bother asking bro? I think he's too busy listening (& upgrading) his ICE.. so how does it matter if its BOSS/RAJUSON/SONY-MONY/AUDISON or MONSTER?

As far as my limited knowledge goes, he's using same as LBM's!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 14:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Then why bother asking bro? I think he's too busy listening (& upgrading) his ICE.. so how does it matter if its BOSS/RAJUSON/SONY-MONY/AUDISON or MONSTER?

As far as my limited knowledge goes, he's using same as LBM's!
There is a reason my friend. Its time that I ICE up my civic, so if i zero in on GZ/Illusion products i should know what wires will be used. Till now i know.

1. POWER Cables will be finolex.
2. I should insist on the installation of a fuse.
3. I will not get a distribution block.
4. the RCA's is a question mark which i want to know.

Without proper info on these i cannot trust the installer. An installs is not only about good equipment, and what i have learned from my past experience wires make a HELL LOT OF DIFFERENCE!!!
Old 26th October 2008, 14:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
There is a reason my friend. Its time that I ICE up my civic, so if i zero in on GZ/Illusion products i should know what wires will be used. Till now i know.

1. POWER Cables will be finolex.
2. I should insist on the installation of a fuse.
3. I will not get a distribution block.
4. the RCA's is a question mark which i want to know.

Without proper info on these i cannot trust the installer. An installs is not only about good equipment, and what i have learned from my past experience wires make a HELL LOT OF DIFFERENCE!!!
Thanks bro for the concern. First I wanna ask you how much you wanna spend on cabling.

I can get you VDH cables if you like but it will be a over kill for your setup. anyways I would recommend you the following...(mods dont take this as a marketing post I am just educating someone)
  1. Power cables -> Finolex (I love it, cheap and best)
  2. I have many brands of fused box ranging from .5k to 5.5k
  3. Yes there are many again depends on budget, but the thimble method is cost effective and I am using myself and many cars which I have installed.
  4. Rca - > Again depends on ones budget. You can get 5k rca with Neutrik plugs/Supra cable or Sommer cable which would be approx 1.5k.
So bro it all depends how deep is your pocket and how much you can spend sky is the limit. Having a chat with Ajay Bhai he is going for a High End install with approx 25 lacs worth of equipment. And after having such experts advice at a phone call away I feel quite confident in my work.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:03   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Having a chat with Ajay Bhai he is going for a High End install with approx 25 lacs worth of equipment.
Ajay's cow is getting an ICE upgrade worth 25 lacs??

Damn, for that kind of money he could buy a few hundred cows and open up his own Milk Dairy!!

Last edited by iraghava : 26th October 2008 at 18:06.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 18:04   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Sir no twisting of wires is done proper crimping of wires with thimbles and with proper tools is done to ensure proper contact and for proper current transfer.
So the thimbles used initially has been replaced now with better ones?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 18:07   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro for the concern. First I wanna ask you how much you wanna spend on cabling.

I can get you VDH cables if you like but it will be a over kill for your setup. anyways I would recommend you the following...(mods dont take this as a marketing post I am just educating someone)
  1. Power cables -> Finolex (I love it, cheap and best)
  2. I have many brands of fused box ranging from .5k to 5.5k
  3. Yes there are many again depends on budget, but the thimble method is cost effective and I am using myself and many cars which I have installed.
  4. Rca - > Again depends on ones budget. You can get 5k rca with Neutrik plugs/Supra cable or Sommer cable which would be approx 1.5k.
So bro it all depends how deep is your pocket and how much you can spend sky is the limit. Having a chat with Ajay Bhai he is going for a High End install with approx 25 lacs worth of equipment. And after having such experts advice at a phone call away I feel quite confident in my work.
Thanks for the reply, but you have answered everything excluding the question I asked, I am asking what cables were used in this install??? I am not asking you about your phonebook contacts.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 26th October 2008 at 18:12.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
So the thimbles used initially has been replaced now with better ones?
Some were changed and new ones were added for the FUSE.